Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The big broken Charlton badge on the back of the north stand.

Comments

• Between us all on this site I am sure we could come up with something.

I used to run a factory in France that made architectural details for the outside of buildings made from Aluminium sheets, we did lots of signs for the big companies in Europe that came in at only a few thousand.

As a measure for the short time we could i am sure come up with something.      
  • We need to find that anonymous donor who coughed up and paid for the Sam Bartram statue to be finished.

Haha, Post of the Year!

Made me laugh!

• We need to find that anonymous donor who coughed up and paid for the Sam Bartram statue to be finished.

Haha, Post of the Year!
    You know what they say.... a fool and his money will soon be parted. 

• i can understand the bit at the bottom cant be replaced, but the rest just needs a good scrub. jet wash, cherry picker, sorted.

• A nice new brushed steel one would look the nuts!
  • Very generous of Rodney to cough up the £50k - well played sir!

(Or have I misunderstood again?)
  • Mere pocket change mate ;-)

No wonder they stayed anonymous ;-)
  • I know someone who would parget it and probably for a lot less, although this may look a little quaint for a modern football club:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• I had to look parget up.

If people have practical, cheaper suggestions then contact customerservices@cafc.co.uk  Worked for Rodney.

Might help the Club and you or your mates might get some business.
  • I had to look parget up.

If people have practical, cheaper suggestions then contact customerservices@cafc.co.uk  Worked for Rodney.

Might help the Club and you or your mates might get some business.
    This is what it could look like if you fancied one on your own home just to make it clear.
  • maybe a silly idea , but how about we take the badge down , and fans can buy a set amount as part of a ' own a part of charltons history'ground  ' kind of thing .. then all of the money could buy the new one ?
  • 2000 lumps at £25 a pop, I want the tip of the sword :)
  • I'll take the C of Charlton
  • maybe , this is something that we should ask the club about ?
  • edited August 2011
    It's not as if it holds any sentimental value though, is it? about 10 yrs old.

Really can't see why they don't get someone to plod the gaps with cement and give it a coat of dulux masonary paint. It would look a damn site better than it currently does and it would be cheap, a couple of days hire of a cherry-picker and a builder = job done!
  • Alright £50k sounds like a lot now, but lets think about this. We're not the only Charlton fans on the planet (although it seems like it at times) and over the course of half a season with people volunteers buckets outside the Valley and somebody setting up a website where supported can donate through paypal (I've got a bit of expertise in that field and I'd be happy to set this up) then there is no reason why we couldn't have raised the money by Christmas. I'm sure the club would do everything they can to support this, mentioning it in the programme & on the website, doing tannoy annoucements, putting those little donation boxes outside the ticket office & the superstore outside of game day, we could get local pubs to do the same.

Not to mention the fact that there must be a handful of wealthy Charlton fans outside there with a bit of pride for their club.

• As mentioned above, they tried to raise the money like that for the Sam Bartrams statue and failed to reach their target and that was back in the day when the ground was packed out.

And maybe our wealthy fans arent so wealthy these days.
  • Sell Simon Francis?
  • Sponsored links:

• Reread the thread please Barry. It's going to cost 50k not £50!
  • Sell Simon Francis?
    Great idea JT, but how we gonna get the other £49k?
  • how about getting sponsors too ? , the local sainsburys or businesses could get a little bit of advertising from it
  • surely polyfilla could do the job
  • is Polly Filla a new C L member?
  • is Polly Filla a new C L member?
    Would Ya?
  • Rip it down! Rip it down! Rip it down!

Starting to look tatty! and to be honest I'd rather something different there! 

Fancy a change :-)
  • Rip it down! Rip it down! Rip it down!

Starting to look tatty! and to be honest I'd rather something different there! 

Fancy a change :-)
    All true but what would you rather they spend £50k on?  The big screen or the badge?    : - )
  • edited August 2011
    Know it is a helluva lot of dough and times are hard for most of us but perhaps we could to a test fund raiser on here ie ask people how much they would be willing to contribute and gauge if there would be enough interest to get near the £50k.

1000 people at £50 or 500 at £100 would do it (check out those maths I should be working at NASA).

We have 8000+ season ticket holders so even if we got £6 of each of those we would have enough.

Im sure it would be doable. Or perhaps if one week the club advertised that all proceeds from programme sales would go towards it to encourage those of us who dont buy them to splash out for that week.
  • But don't you understand?

The club doesn't need our money. The mysterons are overflowing with coin and could repair/ replace this at a moments notice.

They choose not to, as it's all part of the cloak that's shrouding the club and keeping us under the radar until the time is right to rip off their masks and reveal their true identities.

Rumour has it that a solid gold replacement is being made as we speak.