Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The big broken Charlton badge on the back of the north stand.

Comments

• Options

We have bigger fish to fry than a giant badge, I'm all for the club concentrating on storming League 1, then with the pot of cash gained from promotion and the forthcoming increased revenue in all areas, then repair the bloody thing.

Its all about priorities.

(Then the potholes)

• Options

We have bigger fish to fry than a giant badge, I'm all for the club concentrating on storming League 1, then with the pot of cash gained from promotion and the forthcoming increased revenue in all areas, then repair the bloody thing.

(Then the potholes)

Completely agree DA9 that is why i dont expect it to be done by the club at present and thought its something the supporters could do.

• Options
    I have to say that at 50k it's way beyond any supporters initiative. Not a chance. Perhaps we could ask the players for a whip round ? Let's see how many badge kissers we have ?
  • Options

(Then the potholes)

Completely agree DA9 that is why i dont expect it to be done by the club at present and thought its something the supporters could do.
    Methinks people are getting a little carried away with our relatively big spending for this League, it was only 9 months ago that we did not have a pot to piss in. Now that everything looks rosier people are starting to pick up on other, not so important issues.
  • Options
    But don't you think that the majority of us speak with tongue firmly placed in cheek?
  • Options
    @DA9 He's talking about us fund raising for it (which RCT knows is unrealistic).

Go and take a look at it again - its absolutely pitiful.
  • Options

Pitiful

• Options
    Actually, it's got a retro feel about it.............

Rome didn't knock down the collosium because it looked a bit tatty.
  • Options
    its the flipping scaffolding and fenced off bit underneath too which makes it a shambles. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @DA9 He's talking about us fund raising for it (which RCT knows is unrealistic).

No, I get that, but, my general point is surely our attention should be elsewhere as supporters.
  • Options
    yes, maybe put some broken cloumns either side and a romanesque statue of Curbs in a toga and we have our own historic site.
  • Options

No, I get that, but, my general point is surely our attention should be elsewhere as supporters.
    Personally I agree and I'd much rather be part of supporting the Academy and the Upbeats for example but others may disagree. 

It's really up to people to get active around whichever part of the Club and it's activities they want to support and hope to get others behind them.  It doesn't have to be either/or
  • Options
    yeah it could be like Peckham Spring? Charge people a pound to look at it as they walk past. 

The Charlton Ruin. 
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    50k to replace it or £50 to knock it down. cant just let it stay like that, it looks minging.
  • Options
    Thing s we all like to rip the proverbial out of The New Den for being a rusty hulk and Selhurst Pk for being just a dump Anne yet we have this sorry sight hanging on our wall. Can't afford to repair it then remove it.
  • Options
    But removing it will still cost and will leave, I assume a big gap where the badge used to be.

Someone who's going to Bromley Addicks on 6th September ask Slater and Kavanagh about it.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Fence the area off properly.

Stick, using blu tac and long stickimage
    appropriate poster/target over the top of it (new Palace logo/picture of the Newcastle manager etc)
    Charge, say, a fiver for a packet of gravel, more for increasing sizes of stones.
    Job done by mid-season.

It's not rocket science
  • Options
    But removing it will still cost and will leave, I assume a big gap where the badge used to be.
    I thought on matchdays it is obscured by the burger and donnut vans
  • Options

I think that says more about you Colin and your eating habits than it does about the sign : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blimey - how tall are you?

• Options
    Just put some netting over it and grow ivy all over the back of the stand. Or stick one of the big flags over it.
  • Options
    But don't you understand?

The club doesn't need our money. The mysterons are overflowing with coin and could repair/ replace this at a moments notice.

They choose not to, as it's all part of the cloak that's shrouding the club and keeping us under the radar until the time is right to rip off their masks and reveal their true identities.

Rumour has it that a solid gold replacement is being made as we speak.
    I'd love to think you are right.   If these guys are as minted as we hope, £50k should be nothing to them.  Then again, if they are not, couldn't the board at least afford to have it jet washed to get the algae off?   Alternatively, when's bob-a-job week - can't they just send a couple of boy scouts up a ladder with a bucket and a sponge?
  • Options
    Boy scouts? Ladder? bucket & sponge?

God man. This is the 21st century, health & safety and all that jazz.

Besides, kids today will probably charge more than a professional cleaning team.
  • Options
    It's gonna be crushed up and used to fill the potholes, just got this from wikileaks.
  • Options
    Just fill it with sand and cement and give it a lick of paint..
  • Options
    Drove past on Thursday and it still looks pretty shitty. It ain't going to get any better without some money being spent and I think it looks pretty awful as it is. Hardly a priority and not something that Kevin Cash sees when he walks to the ground from the liberal club ;0) I for one would like to see it repaired.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Know any good builders who could do it? : - )
    Drove past on Thursday and it still looks pretty shitty. It ain't going to get any better without some money being spent and I think it looks pretty awful as it is. Hardly a priority and not something that Kevin Cash sees when he walks to the ground from the liberal club ;0) I for one would like to see it repaired.
    SHG, I told you not to mention KC drinking in the Lib. Now everyone will be in there trying to ask him questions. TBF he's coughed up for the re-fit of the Lib but that the club aren't spending money on things like the big badge goes to show that there is not loads of dosh floating around for non-essential projects.
  • Options
    in a way....this.

one of us must surely know someone who could put that back together with ease. bun him a few quid, he chucks some cement or whatever together gives it some outside filler stuff to fill the cracks. lick of paint. job done.
  • Options
    The biggest issue with the Club Badge is that more bits of it will fall off and the 'exclusion zone' around it needs to be increased. Last thing we really need is a large chunk falling off and injuring some passer by.

As this area is also being considered for additional disabled parking spaces next season after the loss of the places at Lansdown Mews, it is clearly something the Club is working on.

The main issue is that these things aren't cheap and there are a few options on the table - including volunteers to repair it to a nice new shiny one, but this time being made out of GRP with that 'natural stone' look.