Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joey Barton to leave Newcastle

You nearly heard it here first

Comments

• because it's on sky sports! ;)0
  • You heard it here first
    No, it was on the Rumours thread ages ago : - )
  • I read it on Twitter about 10 minutes ago.  And on another thread on here. ;-)
  • Wages freed up for 7 figure bid for Robbie then : - )
  • Could do a swap!
  • Nutters the lot of them.

OK his deal is up next summer, he's been told he won't be retained but why release him for FREE. Arsenal, Spurs, Villa, Everton etc the queue would be out the door for circa £5million

For the sake of making a big statement, Ashley has just waived that money that NUFC could have had if I was a fan I'd be disgusted.
  • I think Newcastle could be in trouble this season.

Carrol, Nolan, Barton were all key last season. Pardew is magic
  • Hopefully Newcastle will struggle this season. Hopefully Pardew will be out by November.
  • Sponsored links:

• He's been bad mouthing the club on twitter I think, someone has suggested he's been sacked.

Barton said he will be making some announcement at 4pm..
  • He's been bad mouthing the club on twitter I think, someone has suggested he's been sacked.

Barton said he will be making some announcement at 4pm..

I'm on it...
  • Barton been voicing his concern about the lack of players coming in, and rightfully so. 

He'll walk into most of the Premierships first 11's
  • Heard he's signed a 12 month contract to play for Slade Prison X1.
  • and wish we had signed him when we had the chance when Parker left
  • It's 4.05 ... nothing so far. Maybe he wasnt expecting the club to tell everyone he had been released before him?

• Nothing from Barton... Yet....
  • Everton and Villa favourites to land Magpie reject Barton
  • Surely Arsenal have to be chasing him? He's exactly what they need to add some leadership and toughness. Ridiculous to let him go for free also.
  • wouldnt suprise if he followed nolan to west ham.
  • Sponsored links:

• Somewhere in those high echelons of NUFC, they have decided, I am persona non grata.
    web • 01/08/2011 16:54

I am on a free but the honour of wearing those B+W stripes, surpasses that
    web • 01/08/2011 16:56

One day the board might realise, what the shirt signifies. HONOUR and PRIDE. Thanks for your continued support........... #toonarmy
    web • 01/08/2011 16:59

Latest from Barton.

First time he has been released without charge that's for sure...
  • On hearing a decent English player is available for free, Liverpool have made a £20m bid.
  • My Geordie mates up here are gutted about the Barton news. Really fear for them this season and so do they.

• Wolves or West Brom, outside bet .. Spurs
  • Agent Pardew ruining another club. Athough this is out of his hands they can't afford to let players like him go.

That a side, why do players continue to twitter stupid  things? Isn't it better to talk privately to manager or board. It's Barton I suppose. Couldn't they get 500,000 for him, why free?

• I've been thinking about who to back as my outsider to go down but I think this news may have made my mind up. Especially with you know who in charge for a full season.
  • Newcastle going down this season then.
  • Hmmmmm, remind me again of how much of the Andy Carroll 35 million transfer fee has been re-invested in the team?

Bugger all? Yep, that's what I thought.

Bottom line on all of this is that it looks more and more like Hughton was refusing to sell Carroll and got the sack as a result, Pardew was brought in to sell Carroll and take the consequent flak and is doing so in return for a nice few quid.

Football, what a  lovely 'business' it is these days.

• Mike ashley runs things on a shoe string budget, he keeps a eye on every penny, he also don't stand for any crap.

Barton steps out of line making comments on twitter about how the club is run when really it's not his business, I guess Ashley is keen to stress no man is bigger than the club...
  • Disagree. I think it is his business. He joined Newcastle to win things, they sell Carroll for 35m, Enrique set to go, no money reinvested. Same with Hume at Preston. He signed permanently because he was told they would be mounting a serious promotion bid. First they try to sell. Mellor then today they sell Treacey. Hume feels he has been lied to and signed on false promises. It is his career, of course it is his business.