Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joey Barton to leave Newcastle

13»

Comments

• Options
    I personally thin a leveraged to the hilt businessman, is more than likely to see his empire collapse whenever the next downturn is.  I also think it's great that he's offering these shares in the company to his employees.  I'd take the money and run, and maybe lament at leisure.

Anyways I'm all for the Comolli route towards Billy Beane management of your club.  The only problem being player agency in the prem is vastly different to American sports.  Clubs with access to central pools of cash can compete with some top players' wages.  Getting rid of Barton may turn out to be a financially astute decision.  Replacing an industrious, agressive midfielder is not impossible for a mid-tier prem team.  Replacing your central midfield lynchpin, who scored 11-12 goals, led your side, and is a reliable prem player of many many years is madness.  No leaders and plenty of 'atheletes'.  Hmmmm where have we seen that?

Couple this with Pardew's technocratic pop-player-picking, along with his seriously poor ability at informed and logical analysis...... and you have a disaster on your hands.
  • Options
    I personally thin a leveraged to the hilt businessman, is more than likely to see his empire collapse whenever the next downturn is.  I also think it's great that he's offering these shares in the company to his employees.  I'd take the money and run, and maybe lament at leisure.

Anyways I'm all for the Comolli route towards Billy Beane management of your club.  The only problem being player agency in the prem is vastly different to American sports.  Clubs with access to central pools of cash can compete with some top players' wages.  Getting rid of Barton may turn out to be a financially astute decision.  Replacing an industrious, agressive midfielder is not impossible for a mid-tier prem team.  Replacing your central midfield lynchpin, who scored 11-12 goals, led your side, and is a reliable prem player of many many years is madness.  No leaders and plenty of 'atheletes'.  Hmmmm where have we seen that?

Couple this with Pardew's technocratic pop-player-picking, along with his seriously poor ability at informed and logical analysis...... and you have a disaster on your hands.

Good post, I had forgotten about Pardew's preference for "athletes" over footballers.

Probably explains Mouataokil amongst other dross.

• Options

Limited Liability is probably the operative phrase.

Don't believe the Barton spin that it has nothing to do with the wages he'd like.  That said, I'd lump coin on the silver fox taking them down.

• Options
    as much as i hate to say it parduped did a lot better keeping them up than i thought he would , this season will be a big test but even if he goes down or wins the premiership he was awful for us
  • Options
    They were hardly shoddy with Hughton?  Alright, going through a bad patch but some excellent results previously.  Granted he did better than I thought, but he had an excellent midfield and defensive unit served up for him.  With Wham, Blackpool, Wolves and Wigan all jumping for relegation they hardly needed anything extra.  Maybe Ben Arfa'll set the Toon alight, but I doubt it when the reliable departments are collapsing.

Let's see how he does this year.