Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chess.com

Comments

• Options
    Fair enough Mike I've no experience of Gameknot, it's just a shame you won't be part of a tournament because of the site.
  • Options

What is your Chess.com username?

bilirubin
    Sorry, Mike, I was asking Jints for his username so I can invite him.
  • Options

What is your Chess.com username?

Jints69

Cheers
  • Options
    Invites have been sent. Anyone else want to join let me know your Chess.com username.
  • Options
    I'll have another go, I've been practicing!

The_real_idle
  • Options
    Cheers @Red_in_SE8
  • Options
    I’m gonna sit this one out @Red_in_SE8 but include me in the next, please.
  • Options

Sorry to see you are not playing in this, enjoyed our games, not because I won, I think your chess is improving and the best way to improve is keep playing
  • Options

Sorry to see you are not playing in this, enjoyed our games, not because I won, I think your chess is improving and the best way to improve is keep playing
    I would echo this.

• Options

59, 60 on Monday

Very Happy Birthday on Monday Mike.
    Thanks Johnny/Sillav, the wife is taking away to Seville for a week so looking forward to that.
    Loved Seville, I hope you had a great time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I would echo this.

Thanks for the thumbs up @Red_in_SE8 and @charente addick but I've got a busy couple of weeks and playing 9 games at once is a bit too much at the mo but I'll be back for the next.

Enjoy the tournament.
  • Options
    I plan to start the next tournament on 1st November. Seven players have accepted the invite so far. If anyone else is up for some chess over the next month let me know your chess.com username and I will send you an invite.
  • Options
    I have being assessing the power at my disposal as tournament director. I think I might be able to force the first two moves of every match to be pawn to King 4 followed by the response of pawn to King 4. As an inexperienced player I hate all these other strange openings that people have been using. Would I be abusing my power? Are people going to accuse me of belonging to the Metropolitan Elite?
  • Options

I have being assessing the power at my disposal as tournament director. I think I might be able to force the first two moves of every match to be pawn to King 4 followed by the response of pawn to King 4. As an inexperienced player I hate all these other strange openings that people have been using. Would I be abusing my power? Are people going to accuse me of belonging to the Metropolitan Elite?

If you want to do that, I will withdraw
  • Options
    Have you invited me yet?
  • Options

If you want to do that, I will withdraw
    I was joking!
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Have you invited me yet?

I thought I had.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Have you invited me yet?

Leuth, as I stated in my earlier post, I was sure I had invited you into the next tournament. I made a mental note to check that I had. Logged on this afternoon to start the tournament and immediately after it started I realised you were not included so either you declined the invitation or I simply forgot to invite you (I issued invites to about 13 players and 7 accepted) I have sent an e.mail to Chess.com to see if they could add you into the tournament. But I don't hold much hope they will be able to. Really sorry! I assure you it wasn't deliberate because you keep beating me!

Only 7 players this time so I should think we should be in position to start the next tournament before the end of November. We don't have to wait until this tournament is complete before starting the next one.

Or I could start another tournament straight away if enough people are ok with playing the extra games simultaneously.
  • Options
    Leuth has been frozen out. Who's next Red? Will the final tournament just consist of yourself? :wink:
  • Options
    Hi @Red_in_SE8
    I think I cocked up accepting the invitation as it just took me into a perpetual log in loop and I wasn't sure if I'd accepted or not. It seems not.
    I will gladly join the next whenever it begins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IdleHans said:

Hi @Red_in_SE8
    I think I cocked up accepting the invitation as it just took me into a perpetual log in loop and I wasn't sure if I'd accepted or not. It seems not.
    I will gladly join the next whenever it begins.

I noticed you hadn't accepted but I thought you posted on here that you were going to give the next tournament a miss.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

I'll have another go, I've been practicing!

The_real_idle

• Options
    Another one down... :wink:
  • Options
    Talal said:

But I did send him the invite.....
  • Options

Talal said:

Yes, absolutely you did.
    It's my error, the technology has defeated me again.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    IdleHans said:

Talal said:

Yes, absolutely you did.
    I think it was Sillav who said he was going to give the next tournament a miss.
  • Options

IdleHans said:

Talal said:

Yes, absolutely you did.
    I think it was Sillav who said he was going to give the next tournament a miss.
    it was.
  • Options
    Roughly, how long does it take you to make a move?
  • Options

Roughly, how long does it take you to make a move?

It depends how much I like her
  • Options
    Note to self, do not play after a couple of beers.