Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chess.com

Comments

• Options
    All my games against AA seem to come down to his knight against my bishop, except he usually has an extra pawn or two and then he wins :(
  • Options
    I hate his knight, basically ;)
  • Options

Can I take that move back @Johnnysummers5 God knows what I did that for, clearly a senior moment:(

It was a shame, as you have given me a very good game, I think you are a stronger player than your rating
    Thanks for saying that @Johnnysummers5. As I said to Talal, shame I can't accidentally knock the board over.

Despite the analysis button, still seem to have these blind moments. Just made a right gaff in my game with, real_idle_hans. Maybe that's just the intensity of playing so many games at once?

I'm enjoying the games though and as you said, ours was a goodun, cheers.
    Have you? I'd better have another look.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Can I take that move back @Johnnysummers5 God knows what I did that for, clearly a senior moment:(

It was a shame, as you have given me a very good game, I think you are a stronger player than your rating
    Thanks for saying that @Johnnysummers5. As I said to Talal, shame I can't accidentally knock the board over.

Despite the analysis button, still seem to have these blind moments. Just made a right gaff in my game with, real_idle_hans. Maybe that's just the intensity of playing so many games at once?

Have you? I'd better have another look.
    Bollox, me and my big mouth:(
  • Options
    Here's me thinking I'm doing brilliantly against acoleuthic, taking all his pieces but clearly I didn't see the deadly trap, until the rattlesnake bit me:(

Well played, accidently cleared the analysis, so can't see if I could have done anything about it?
  • Options
    Well played Jints:(
  • Options
    Thanks for the game Silav. You battled on manfully after being forced to exchange your queen for a rook after the pin.
  • Options

Here's me thinking I'm doing brilliantly against acoleuthic, taking all his pieces but clearly I didn't see the deadly trap, until the rattlesnake bit me:(

Well played, accidently cleared the analysis, so can't see if I could have done anything about it?

Not taken the bishop, basically. The knight was fine - I uh 'sacrificed' it in exchange for development
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Leuth said:

Not taken the bishop, basically. The knight was fine - I uh 'sacrificed' it in exchange for development
    You're just like Spiny Norman, cruel but fair;)

https://youtu.be/nhV856sXf3w
  • Options
    Well played Talal.

Thought I was doing ok, must of blacked out, when I woke up the game was over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks. You let me have a free knight which made things easier for me.
  • Options
    Well done in winning the tournament, and well played in our games your endgame is strong
  • Options

Well done in winning the tournament, and well played in our games your endgame is strong

Thanks Johnny, didn’t realise I’d won;)
  • Options

Thanks. Only going to be one winner in the current one though, Mr AA is too strong.
  • Options

Question: you're playing a game that you can't win.
    You're opponent isn't that much better off but has the pieces to potentially force a check mate.

Do you resign or do you continue playing and force your opponent to achieve check mate?

What is the chess etiquette?

No one ever got better by resigning. However, when things are hopeless, like your opponent has a passed pawn that you can't stop queening and you have no chance of mating them, there's no disgrace in giving it up.
  • Options
    Jints said:

Well played Talal - another tight game but all about the margins

And QBCQBC, sorry I didn't offer you much of a game, you are a fair bit better than me unfortunately

@Jints thanks
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Back in the '70s, I witnessed a game being played by I guy I knew from school chess matches, Nick Alexander. His opponent got very upset at getting in to a losing position so he flipped the board up in Nick's face and stormed off after shouting "Fuck you, Alexander".
  • Options
    And presumably hasn't lived it down since?
  • Options
    Thanks @sillav nitram

That game swung about a bit. Very enjoyable.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    IdleHans said:

Thanks @sillav nitram

That game swung about a bit. Very enjoyable.

It was a good game @IdleHans and I know it's easy to say cause I won but I thought you played well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I shouldn't have neglected that bloody pawn. Once you got your queen back the game was up.
    I don't mind losing at all when a games that absorbing. It's when I chuck them away through stupid errors that I annoy myself.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

I shouldn't have neglected that bloody pawn. Once you got your queen back the game was up.
    I don't mind losing at all when a games that absorbing. It's when I chuck them away through stupid errors that I annoy myself.

Join the club, I swear I black out sometimes during games, when I think of the gaffs I've made.
  • Options

IdleHans said:

Join the club, I swear I black out sometimes during games, when I think of the gaffs I've made.
    Distracted by knob sizes?
  • Options
    Out for revenge @IdleHans
  • Options
    Fun game Red, well played.
  • Options
    Wondering how much Red enjoyed my forced queen exchange :p
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Wondering how much Red enjoyed my forced queen exchange :p

Not a lot! I always seem to make silly mistakes in my games against you!
  • Options
    Talal said:

Fun game Red, well played.

Yes, good game.
  • Options

Out for revenge @IdleHans

You betcha.
  • Options
    Is playing Black a disadvantage?

I’m sure it’s not to those more skilled players but I’m not in that category and wondered if it was?

I’m not referring to our tournaments either because we have an opportunity to play both.