Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chess.com

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the game Talal and very well played. I thought I had you in trouble a couple of times but you always found a way out...
  • Options
    Thanks was an interesting game and I thought the same early on!

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Bollox, i've just accidently clicked the move button by mistake and now lost my queen to QBQBQB do be
  • Options
    Why can't you do that in our game?
  • Options
    Ok, I'll make it my next move, to hell with it. Let's live dangerously.
  • Options
    No don't! I want to win properly or not at all.

Not at all, it seems.
  • Options
    Talal, I've offered you a draw, I think you'd be wise to take it;)
  • Options
    Gonna take my chances and play on :smile:
  • Options
    Ok but don't say I didn't give you a chance.

The only trouble with online chess is, you can't accidentally knock the board over.
  • Options
    I cheekily offered AA a draw earlier but he declined... :lol:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Well played Talal, said through gritted teeth but it's only a flesh wound.

I'll bite yer legs off in the next game.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Well played Talal, said through gritted teeth but it's only a flesh wound.

I'll bite yer legs off in the next game.

Thanks. I'll try to play as poorly as my current game against Charente, but can't promise anything :smile:
  • Options
    Well played Charente, totally buggered that early on and u took full advantage.
  • Options
    Thanks Talal, yes move 20 wasn't your best leaving a choice of knight or bishop for a pawn. But the game was getting a tad complicated so a blunder was looming (believe me you don't have a monopoly on blunders :-()

I've enjoyed our games and make us dead level after 6 - 2 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats each. Until next time!
  • Options
    Well played acoleuthic
  • Options
    Well played QBCQBC do be do be do
  • Options
    Question: you're playing a game that you can't win.
    You're opponent isn't that much better off but has the pieces to potentially force a check mate.

Do you resign or do you continue playing and force your opponent to achieve check mate?

What is the chess etiquette?

• Options
    edited September 2017

Question: you're playing a game that you can't win.
    You're opponent isn't that much better off but has the pieces to potentially force a check mate.

Do you resign or do you continue playing and force your opponent to achieve check mate?

What is the chess etiquette?

Most people will resign but if a checkmate is coming very soon there's not a lot wrong with letting it play out if that's what you want to do.
    It's those buggers that offer draws when they're well behind that need to take a look at themselves :wink:
  • Options
    Well played, Charente
  • Options
    Not going so well here. I've had to arrange a friendly against Bromley FC
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well played Talal - another tight game but all about the margins

And QBCQBC, sorry I didn't offer you much of a game, you are a fair bit better than me unfortunately
  • Options
    Folks - I'm going to have to duck out. I timed out against Martin earlier because I didn't have time to play my move - indicative if the fact it just isn't possible for me to play as I don't have the time. Sorry - fwiw I did enjoy it, maybe when I retire I'll have the hours in the day necessary to play again :lol:
  • Options
    Jints said:

And QBCQBC, sorry I didn't offer you much of a game, you are a fair bit better than me unfortunately

Cheers. There was one move of yours near the end that surprised me as it kinda handed me the initiative, but that aside very close game.
  • Options
    Jints said:

Will you come and play in our next tournament?
  • Options
    Yep definitely be good to have Jints in the next one.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Folks - I'm going to have to duck out. I timed out against Martin earlier because I didn't have time to play my move - indicative if the fact it just isn't possible for me to play as I don't have the time. Sorry - fwiw I did enjoy it, maybe when I retire I'll have the hours in the day necessary to play again :lol:

Rubbish Leroy, I had you on the ropes admit it, damn you!;)
  • Options

Jints said:

Will you come and play in our next tournament?
    Please do invite me
  • Options
    Can I take that move back @Johnnysummers5 God knows what I did that for, clearly a senior moment:(
  • Options

Can I take that move back @Johnnysummers5 God knows what I did that for, clearly a senior moment:(

It was a shame, as you have given me a very good game, I think you are a stronger player than your rating
  • Options

It was a shame, as you have given me a very good game, I think you are a stronger player than your rating
    Thanks for saying that @Johnnysummers5. As I said to Talal, shame I can't accidentally knock the board over.

Despite the analysis button, still seem to have these blind moments. Just made a right gaff in my game with, real_idle_hans. Maybe that's just the intensity of playing so many games at once?

I'm enjoying the games though and as you said, ours was a goodun, cheers.