Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chess.com

Comments

• Options
    Who's QBCQBC?

The Nimzo?

Urgh! :cry:
  • Options

I've just seen Johnnysummers5's name on chess.com. We used to play together for Charlton Chess Club many years ago.

Hi AddicksAddict, I only stopped playing for Charlton Chess Club last year, if you could let me know who you are, either on here or Chess.Com.

I've just seen Johnnysummers5's name on chess.com. We used to play together for Charlton Chess Club many years ago.

Thinking about it, I think you are a good friend of Mike Brewer
    @Johnnysummers5 I sent you a message (or perhaps I wrote on on your profile) and yes, I was good friends with Mike.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Who's QBCQBC?

The Nimzo?

Watch him, he's very shifty and a shapeshifter!
  • Options

Who's QBCQBC?

The Nimzo?

AddicksAddict.
  • Options

Who's QBCQBC?

The Nimzo?

AddicksAddict.
    And Zebulebu is LeroyAmbrose......in case people were wondering.
  • Options

Who's QBCQBC?

The Nimzo?

AddicksAddict.
    Do you think I should come up with a more imaginative name, I'm feeling left out and inferior.
  • Options

Who's QBCQBC?

The Nimzo?

Watch him, he's very shifty and a shapeshifter!
    Apparently! My brain is already hurting, I can't play against that defence - I always make stupid mistakes against it. Nor having played for about four years isn't helping!
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Something very bizarre has happened to my account. It's all turned Italian and I've got tons of notifications for messages/friend requests/notes. Have I been hacked? And why would anyone do that anyway?!

Seems to have righted itself now, very odd.

Who is bilirubin?
  • Options
    Talal said:

Something very bizarre has happened to my account. It's all turned Italian and I've got tons of notifications for messages/friend requests/notes. Have I been hacked? And why would anyone do that anyway?!

Who is bilirubin?

Bill Rubin is Eaststandmike.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Who is bilirubin?

I am bilirubin
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Who's QBCQBC?

The Nimzo?

AddicksAddict.
    Do you think I should come up with a more imaginative name, I'm feeling left out and inferior.
    You could try reversing your charltonlife name if you want something more imaginative.
    normally comes out as some sort of gibberish though.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Who is bilirubin?

Buongiorno Talal
  • Options
    Shithouse - nine games at once is a bit much for me to cope with. Once we get past the openings, I'll have to play at a more leisurely pace. Good to see a lot of variation in the games already - though I fear I'll come unstuck when the exchanges start happening, especially in the aggressive games (which I usually struggle with anyway)
  • Options
    @Leuth .....The next tournament started two days ago and you have not made a move in any of your games. Just checking you are aware it has started.
  • Options

Who's QBCQBC?

The Nimzo?

@Leroy Ambrose that's me.
  • Options

Who's QBCQBC?

The Nimzo?

@Leroy Ambrose that's me.
    Ouch. My head's already hurting and we're only seven moves in...
  • Options
    Think I'm about to get my arse handed to me by AA...
  • Options

Think I'm about to get my arse handed to me by AA...

You won't be the first!
  • Options
    I see that from his ranking!

I'm guessing very good standard club player. You can tell I've not played for ages. Made a boneheaded error against Leuth a few moves ago that scuppered a nice positional advantage I was working on. AA is just a better player than me, period. Can tell that from one game! Enjoying it though, even if I'm spending two hours a day on it... when I should be working...
    :lol:
  • Options
    Leuth, don't know about you but this game is giving me a headache just looking at it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:

Leuth, don't know about you but this game is giving me a headache just looking at it.

Never have knights danced so daintily
  • Options
    My favourite current thing is poor old Charente blundering his queen two games running. You can win without the old girl! My king's in the open!
  • Options
    Probably gonna sound like an idiot here but on the league tables what does the scales column refer to?
  • Options
    Talal said:

Probably gonna sound like an idiot here but on the league tables what does the scales column refer to?

Talal said:

Tie break points. When you beat a player that player's total points is added to this total. For the rest of the tournament whenever that player wins another game a point is added to your tie break total.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Talal said:

Talal said:

Tie break points. When you beat a player that player's total points is added to this total. For the rest of the tournament whenever that player wins another game a point is added to your tie break total.
    Thanks
  • Options
    AA getting bored and offering a draw is the reason I came above Red in SE8 then :D
  • Options
    Two very dodgy draws. Stewards enquiry is underway!
  • Options
    I am waiting for Charente to offer me a draw. If he has lost his Queen twice in a row with two blunders against you surely he is feeling bitter? If he offers me a draw then he relegates you to the bottom of the table below me.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

I am waiting for Charente to offer me a draw. If he has lost his Queen twice in a row with two blunders against you surely he is feeling bitter? If he offers me a draw then he relegates you to the bottom of the table below me.

He's about to queen mate in one you cheeky get :p
  • Options
    Oh I see what you're doing. Brown bloody envelopes everywhere. Sickening