Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chess.com

Comments

• Options

I am looking at it now so that is strange.the full title of the tournament is Charlton Life (Europa League) Tournament

Ok, I think I'm in now.
  • Options

I am looking at it now so that is strange.the full title of the tournament is Charlton Life (Europa League) Tournament

Ok, I think I'm in now.
    As the bishop said to the queen
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    On a bit of a kamikaze mission in both games against AA. Figure I'm gonna lose anyway so may as well go out all guns blazing!
  • Options
    Good game Red, completely missed the double teaming knights!
  • Options
    Talal said:

Good game Red, completely missed the double teaming knights!

Not as bad as missing the fact my Queen was under attack from a Knight as I just did against Charente just now!
  • Options
    What is happening with the CL tournament over at Chess.com. Is it going to happen?
  • Options

What is happening with the CL tournament over at Chess.com. Is it going to happen?

Only 3 people have accepted the invites so far. The current tournament is nearing the end stage now. I was going to give it another couple of days and then start inviting all the people in the current tournament into this new one. Have one big league of about 8 or 9 people.
  • Options
    Would be good, have enjoyed it, even the defeats!
  • Options

Only 3 people have accepted the invites so far. The current tournament is nearing the end stage now. I was going to give it another couple of days and then start inviting all the people in the current tournament into this new one. Have one big league of about 8 or 9 people.
    I think that would be good, then everyone gets a game, like Talal, I have enjoyed all my games and look forward to the next tournament
  • Options
    Talal said:

Would be good, have enjoyed it, even the defeats!

Imagine what a great time I had!

The only game I was doing ok in is now paused while Winchesster rifle is on his holibobs.
    But I'll be back for more thrashings as soon as the next one gets going.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2017
    The final round of the first Charlton Life Tournament is more or less complete and AddicksAddict has walked away with it with a 100% win record. Johnnysummers5 is currently second but if Talal wins his two remaining games he will finish second. If Leuth wins any of his remaining games I will finish bottom!

The next tournament will start shortly. We have 8 players so far. @AddicksAddict you have not accepted the invite yet. @sadiejane1981 are you going to join this one? @Leroy Ambrose can you join this one so we get a beat of competition for AddicksAddict?

I am going to make a slight change to the format this time....the two game against each opponent will be consecutive rather than simultaneous.

If anyone else wants to join let me know your Chess.com username here by the end of the day.
  • Options
    @Red_in_SE8 I accepted the invite when I first received it and it said I had already joined so I think chess.com has a bug. Anyway, I accepted the invite again and this time it's accepted my acceptance.
  • Options
    I've got one game to finish against Leuth. I'm a pawn up but he's got a bishop to my knight which is a slight plus for him with pawns being on both sides of the board.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

@Red_in_SE8 I accepted the invite when I first received it and it said I had already joined so I think chess.com has a bug. Anyway, I accepted the invite again and this time it's accepted my acceptance.

Ok. It shows you as having accepted now. Cheers.
  • Options
    I've just seen Johnnysummers5's name on chess.com. We used to play together for Charlton Chess Club many years ago.
  • Options

I've just seen Johnnysummers5's name on chess.com. We used to play together for Charlton Chess Club many years ago.

Hi AddicksAddict, I only stopped playing for Charlton Chess Club last year, if you could let me know who you are, either on here or Chess.Com.
  • Options

Thinking about it, I think you are a good friend of Mike Brewer
  • Options

The final round of the first Charlton Life Tournament is more or less complete and AddicksAddict has walked away with it with a 100% win record. Johnnysummers5 is currently second but if Talal wins his two remaining games he will finish second. If Leuth wins any of his remaining games I will finish bottom!

The next tournament will start shortly. We have 8 players so far. @AddicksAddict you have not accepted the invite yet. @sadiejane1981 are you going to join this one? @Leroy Ambrose can you join this one so we get a beat of competition for AddicksAddict?

I am going to make a slight change to the format this time....the two game against each opponent will be consecutive rather than simultaneous.

If anyone else wants to join let me know your Chess.com username here by the end of the day.

Depends on the speed of play. When it gets past the opening, I can't really make more than one move a day cos I don't have the time. If that's acceptable, then I'm in
  • Options

Depends on the speed of play. When it gets past the opening, I can't really make more than one move a day cos I don't have the time. If that's acceptable, then I'm in
    Yes.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    OK. Reactivated my account. Will play a couple of quick games to get back into the swing of things then join the tournament. How do I join?

PS - don't shout at me if I'm a bit slow :lol:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I issued you an invite. I think you should see it if you log in using the web page as opposed to an app.
  • Options
    Who did you send it to? Cany see an invitation in the app or on the website? Username is Leroy ambrose, email is Zebulebu@gmail.com
  • Options

If a few more players express an interest I could start another tournament involving sillav nitram, IdleHans and tkAthletic and any additional players.

There are 10 invites out to for this second competition but only one person has accepted so far.
    If you've sent me one, I haven't received it, just checked (scuse pun)?
    The invite is on the site. Log on to Chess.com, click the play button then select tournaments and you will see the Charlton Life one. Click to enter, job done
  • Options
    Still not seeing it
  • Options
    I issued the invite to LeroyAmbrose. I can still see you in my friends list. I noticed you had quite a few timeouts before you stopped playing and the the default setting for the tournament was a max of 10% timeouts. I changed this to 100. Can you still not see the invite?
  • Options
    @Leroy Ambrose I have temporarily made it an open tournament. If you list upcoming tournaments in Chess.com you should see CharltonLife Europa League tournament. See if you can join it that way.
  • Options
    Got it - finally!

So when do the games start?
  • Options
    Ok. That is 10 players. I will start the tournament tonight. That allows the rest of the day for any late entrants.
  • Options
    The new tournament has started.
  • Options
    Winchesster Rifle is back, so the very first group may finish this year after all.