Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chess.com

Comments

• Options
    Thought there was an easy king move after the first check and little way of me putting pressure. But maybe I missed something.
  • Options
    There was an easy king move, followed by all sorts of nightmarish pressure on your own king - I think you chose well :p
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Leuth said:

Some exciting games now. Have just had Red in SE8 on toast, but Charente Addick has me at his mercy in another one. And there's a game against Talal 2017 where I've just given him the chance to almost checkmate me.......but at what cost?

Toast? I would say massive blunder on my part. I felt well in control until that school boy error....feeling I was about to get on top and not properly looking for threats.
  • Options
    If you fall in the toaster, you're still toast ;)
  • Options
    Revenge! as Charente Addick walks straight into an ingenious-ish queen trap. The Polish Opening works, people! Mind you this one isn't over just yet. Have also reacted to adverse situations vs johnnysummers5 and AA by flinging insane attacking gambits at them. What's going to happen? (I will lose)
  • Options

Anyone else interested in a separate tournament along with IdleHans and sillav nitram? @sadiejane1981 ?

On what platform?
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Revenge! as Charente Addick walks straight into an ingenious-ish queen trap. The Polish Opening works, people! Mind you this one isn't over just yet. Have also reacted to adverse situations vs johnnysummers5 and AA by flinging insane attacking gambits at them. What's going to happen? (I will lose)

I see only a small j for me
  • Options

Anyone else interested in a separate tournament along with IdleHans and sillav nitram? @sadiejane1981 ?

On what platform?
    Chess.com
  • Options

On what platform?
    Chess.com
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Dazzler_21 on Chess.com I'm late to the party, but i've always wanted to learn this game.

App says you have to have a monthly sub... No thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well played Talal, you had a very good attack
  • Options
    Cheers mate. Other game is a close one.
  • Options
    Whereas I'm about to lose to JS and possibly beat Talal. The Alekhine Gun has been well and truly fired ;)

• Options
    (My other Talal game is shaping up into a total thriller)
  • Options
    Hmm, maybe downgrade the first one to a 'thriller' as well
  • Options
    Thanks for the game Leuth
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler_21 on Chess.com I'm late to the party, but i've always wanted to learn this game.

I don't pay anything
  • Options
    Never paid anything either.
  • Options

If a few more players express an interest I could start another tournament involving sillav nitram, IdleHans and tkAthletic and any additional players.

There are 10 invites out to for this second competition but only one person has accepted so far.
  • Options

If a few more players express an interest I could start another tournament involving sillav nitram, IdleHans and tkAthletic and any additional players.

There are 10 invites out to for this second competition but only one person has accepted so far.
    Sorry just seen this, I have just accepted. as I said I do not play on Chess.com, I am on Gameknot every day however now this tourny is up and running I will visit Chess.com more frequently.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well played! @Johnnysummers5
  • Options
    Thanks for a very close game Talal
  • Options

If you've sent me one, I haven't received it, just checked (scuse pun)?
  • Options

The invite is on the site. Log on to Chess.com, click the play button then select tournaments and you will see the Charlton Life one. Click to enter, job done
  • Options

The invite is on the site. Log on to Chess.com, click the play button then select tournaments and you will see the Charlton Life one. Click to enter, job done
    I've done that but it's not on there?
  • Options
    I am looking at it now so that is strange.the full title of the tournament is Charlton Life (Europa League) Tournament
  • Options
    Oh god is there a promotion/relegation situation here now

*gulps*

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

@Dazzler21 I don't use the App, just do it in the browser, and don't pay anything.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

@Dazzler21 I don't use the App, just do it in the browser, and don't pay anything.
    This, I am up and running and not paid a penny.
  • Options
    Well played Red