Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chess.com

Comments

• Options

I have just joined chess.com Johnnysummers5.
    And would like to play

Are you sure that is your username on Chess.com? I can't see you at the moment.
    I only joined this morning, but only looked on the site, I logged in with them but have not paid any subscription
    Still can't see you. Have you joined another tournament?
    Can see you now. Have sent invite to join the No 2 tournament.
  • Options

Just checked - I'm still there as charenteaddick

This is another case where your name doesn't appear on the drop down list when I type the first three characters. If I type your name in full it says 'invalid username' even though I can see you elsewhere on the site.
    Can see you now. Have sent invite to join no 2 tournament.
  • Options

Talal said:

Talal2017 on chess.com
    Not played for years so if anyone wants an easy win...

Another case of your name not appearing in the drop down list. Are you currently in another tournament?
    Sent invite to join no 2 tournament.
  • Options
    ta, I've just accepted
  • Options

Talal said:

Talal2017 on chess.com
    Not played for years so if anyone wants an easy win...

Another case of your name not appearing in the drop down list. Are you currently in another tournament?
    Sent invite to join no 2 tournament.
    Accepted.
  • Options

And would like to play

I only joined this morning, but only looked on the site, I logged in with them but have not paid any subscription
    Still can't see you. Have you joined another tournament?
    I did enter another tournament, but don't like the site very much, so I will drop out, but thank you for looking for me
  • Options
    The reason I play on gameknot is i want to play a game straight off, bang.
    I have done all this waiting a while per move stuff, but don't get a hit off it.
    On gameknot i go to blitz chess and play the next taxi off the rank (unless they cancel) and in terms of time the average is something like 5 minutes per game but with an extra 10 seconds added each time you move.
  • Options
    There's been a rogue knight sacrifice already by whoever 'tkathletico' is. A bold player clearly
  • Options

And would like to play

I have become a platinum member of chess.com, so if there are any places left, would like to play in the CL tournament.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

And would like to play

I have become a platinum member of chess.com, so if there are any places left, would like to play in the CL tournament.
    When I try to invite you I get a message saying you are already invited. Not sure what the chess.com invite looks like since I have never been invited to join a tournament. I suspect it is one of the icons in the top right hand corner. Maybe one of the people who have accepted an invite can help.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

And would like to play

When I try to invite you I get a message saying you are already invited. Not sure what the chess.com invite looks like since I have never been invited to join a tournament. I suspect it is one of the icons in the top right hand corner. Maybe one of the people who have accepted an invite can help.
    Have just gone on chess.com there was an invite waiting for me, I have accepted thank you for your help.
  • Options
    Red in SE8 very kindly let me checkmate him earlier, and I've very kindly let him get me into all sorts of trouble in the return leg
  • Options
    Hey, Red in SE8, what happens if two players (say, you and me) end up tied for second place? Play-off? :D
  • Options
    The convention in Chess.com is that if we are tied on points and tie-break points then we both go through to the final group.
  • Options
    The race to somehow scramble a draw against AddicksAddict is on! (I've lost one and you've lost one too although you've not resigned yet for some reason, and we're both behind in the other one) (AA is a bit good at this)
  • Options
    Leuth said:

The race to somehow scramble a draw against AddicksAddict is on! (I've lost one and you've lost one too although you've not resigned yet for some reason, and we're both behind in the other one) (AA is a bit good at this)

Very kind of you to say so.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I am not writing off the possibility of a draw in one and in the other one I am a pawn down but positionally still fairly strong.
  • Options
    Not sure I'm gonna suggest a tournament again, looks like I'll end up with the wooden spoon:(

Perhaps those players who have a higher ranking can start with a handicap, i e only a King, might be a help

Am I charlton in disguise?
  • Options
    Is it possible to do handicap games on chess.com?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I'm just checking out the Sicilian defence.

For those I'm still playing and those who've already beaten me, Don Corleone is on his way over, with an offer you won't be able to refuse, think Horses head!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If by that you mean your knight is dead in one move ;)
  • Options
    Leuth said:

If by that you mean your knight is dead in one move ;)

Doh! Be just like me to chop off my own knights head.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Think the bell is tolling for me in my other AA clash. As long as you do the decent thing and win both your Red in SE8 games as well... ;)
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Think the bell is tolling for me in my other AA clash. As long as you do the decent thing and win both your Red in SE7 games as well... ;)

Got no chance of winning both!
  • Options
    That sounds like fighting talk
  • Options
    Leuth said:

That sounds like fighting talk

Leuth said:

Think the bell is tolling for me in my other AA clash. As long as you do the decent thing and win both your Red in SE8 games as well... ;)

I think I have misunderstood you. I thought you were addressing me and you were urging me to win both my games against AddicksAddict. I was replying that I have no chance of winning both my games against him. Only got about. 5% chance of getting a draw in one of the games!
  • Options
    I am proud to have been soundly thrashed by all my opponents so far. Just waiting for Winchesster Rifle to administer the coup de grace in one game while I struggle on for a draw in the last.
    Well done chaps, and good luck. Group 2 must be the strong one.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

I am proud to have been soundly thrashed by all my opponents so far. Just waiting for Winchesster Rifle to administer the coup de grace in one game while I struggle on for a draw in the last.

This group could go on til after christmas the speed Winchester Rifle plays :wink:
  • Options
    Talal said:

IdleHans said:

This group could go on til after christmas the speed Winchester Rifle plays :wink:
    I think he's taken the bit where it says three days literally.
  • Options

I'm redboy7 on chessworld

I'm 'addick2000' on Chess World