Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chess.com

Comments

• Options
    Am 36mgm if anyone wants a game on chess.com
  • Options
    There is another good site which I play on. chessworld.net. Well worth a look
  • Options

There is another good site which I play on. chessworld.net. Well worth a look

HI, If you fancy a game some time on chessworld.net, I am on there as telboy 1944
  • Options
    I'm redboy7 on chessworld
  • Options
    I'm on here as QBCQBC. Welcome a challenge from anyone.
  • Options
    Out of interest, what made you join the site you belong to, are some better than others?

And by the way, I'm sillavnitram on chess.com, if anyone wants a game?
  • Options
    The Group facility appears to be gone on chess.com along with private tournaments, may need another platform to restart.
  • Options
    I think the facility to create invitation only tournaments still exists on chess.com. I have never set one up but I will give it a go.
  • Options
    I can't generate an invitation to each member of the Charlton Life group. I think it would be pointless anyway because a lot of the group have not logged in for years. The best thing to do is for the people who want to play in a Charlton Life tournament on Chess.com to let me know their Chess.com names here and I will invite them. If we get 10 people we could have two groups of 5 with the top two advancing and each player playing two matches against each opponent.
  • Options
    I'm in.

sillavnitram
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I can't generate an invitation to each member of the Charlton Life group. I think it would be pointless anyway because a lot of the group have not logged in for years. The best thing to do is for the people who want to play in a Charlton Life tournament on Chess.com to let me know their Chess.com names here and I will invite them. If we get 10 people we could have two groups of 5 with the top two advancing and each player playing two matches against each opponent.

Count me in - QBCQBC
  • Options

Out of interest, what made you join the site you belong to, are some better than others?

And by the way, I'm sillavnitram on chess.com, if anyone wants a game?

I have tried them all and prefer Gameknot to the others
  • Options
    I have just joined chess.com Johnnysummers5.
    And would like to play
  • Options
    I've just rejoined as The_real_idle. Couldn't remember my original log in, but remember packing it in a while ago as too many opponents would just switch off half way though a game, even though they weren't losing. Be keen to give it another go with like minded people who want some easy wins.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X8w3eW1huCM

• Options

The Group facility appears to be gone on chess.com along with private tournaments, may need another platform to restart.

Sadie, I have tried to invite you to join the tournament but I keep getting the error message 'invalid username'; even though I can see I am using the correct user name because it still shows you on my Friends list and I can see you were logged in yesterday.

I scrolled through the list of members of the Charlton Life group and identified those who had logged in in the last few months. Some of these I was able to successfully issue invitations to but for others I could not.

I suspect it might have something to do with membership status. If you are a non paying member maybe it only allows you to take part in a limited number of tournaments or maybe it does not allow you to be invited into tournaments.

I will investigate a bit more. Just wanted to let you know why you have not received an invitation yet?
  • Options
    I would wont to play daily chess not live chess
  • Options

And would like to play

Are you sure that is your username on Chess.com? I can't see you at the moment.
  • Options

And would like to play

I only joined this morning, but only looked on the site, I logged in with them but have not paid any subscription
  • Options
    I'm acoleuthic on chess.com. Add me!
  • Options
    Talal2017 on chess.com
    Not played for years so if anyone wants an easy win...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just checked - I'm still there as charenteaddick
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I'm acoleuthic on chess.com. Add me!

Sent you an invite.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Just checked - I'm still there as charenteaddick

This is another case where your name doesn't appear on the drop down list when I type the first three characters. If I type your name in full it says 'invalid username' even though I can see you elsewhere on the site.
  • Options
    May be irrelevant but it's charenteaddick in full, no spaces
  • Options
    After a bit more research I can confirm that I can invite non premium members (I.e. Players who are not paying a subscription) but only if they are not currently playing in any other tournament.

That does not explain why I can't invite people who have just joined and presumably not entered any other tournaments yet. I shall continue to look into it.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Talal2017 on chess.com
    Not played for years so if anyone wants an easy win...

Another case of your name not appearing in the drop down list. Are you currently in another tournament?
  • Options

And would like to play

I only joined this morning, but only looked on the site, I logged in with them but have not paid any subscription
    Still can't see you. Have you joined another tournament?
  • Options

And would like to play

Still can't see you. Have you joined another tournament?
  • Options

Sadie, I have tried to invite you to join the tournament but I keep getting the error message 'invalid username'; even though I can see I am using the correct user name because it still shows you on my Friends list and I can see you were logged in yesterday.

I scrolled through the list of members of the Charlton Life group and identified those who had logged in in the last few months. Some of these I was able to successfully issue invitations to but for others I could not.

I suspect it might have something to do with membership status. If you are a non paying member maybe it only allows you to take part in a limited number of tournaments or maybe it does not allow you to be invited into tournaments.

I will investigate a bit more. Just wanted to let you know why you have not received an invitation yet?
    You are now appearing in the drop down list and I have sent you an invite. Did you do something that might have changed your status?
  • Options
    Ok. This is more complicated than I thought it would be. The tournament has started as soon as 5 players joined. I thought I had set the max number to 10. Can't see how to cancel a tournament after it has started so I will consider this to be the first group, create another tournament of up to 5 players and issue invites to the people who are not in this first group and when both tournaments are finished create another tournament by inviting the top two from each of the first two tournaments.