Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chess.com

Comments

• Options

I've just checked the Charlton life group is still active a lot of players are not.

Paulie are you on chess.com we have a group/team.

Have now and just applied to join the group
  • Options
    Any reason it was declined @Sadiejane1981
  • Options
    i'm up for playing again
  • Options
    Ah paulie can you try again, I tried clicking on it using phone app and nothing came up, logged in using web browser and it had disappeared so I must have accidentally hit decline sorry
  • Options

Ah paulie can you try again, I tried clicking on it using phone app and nothing came up, logged in using web browser and it had disappeared so I must have accidentally hit decline sorry

sent request again, when I saw it was declined I felt like I was not wanted :-(
  • Options
    Aww all done now
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I'd sign up, but I'm afraid it would be like a toddler on aspartame finding his way onto the M4 on a trike.
  • Options
    I've joined
    How do I find the Charlton Life group?
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2014
    I've joined. Like a game, no expert.

I've challenged @sillavnitram to a game.

• Options
    vff said:

I've joined. Like a game, no expert.

I've challenged @sillavnitram to a game.

you've thrown down the gauntlet and i've picked it up, sir!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    supaclive said:

I've joined

Me too to both.

I can survive against the computer at 'medium'. I'll play anyone that loses at this level.
  • Options
    Sorry - I love to play but I literally don't have the time. Also, my confidence is severely dented after being destroyed by the Russian software developer I work with
  • Options

supaclive said:

I've joined

Me too to both.

I can survive against the computer at 'medium'. I'll play anyone that loses at this level.
    You should be able to find it in search if have no luck tell me your usernames and I'll send invites.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2014

Sorry - I love to play but I literally don't have the time. Also, my confidence is severely dented after being destroyed by the Russian software developer I work with

You should consider a system where you take off pieces on your side until you win. If you win 3 games in a row then they get a piece back and you lose 3 games in a row they lose a piece. Levels it up and makes the games competitive for both players.
  • Options
    You misunderstand. I'm actually a decent player (rating around 1900 or so last I seriously played). I just got annihilated by the software development equivalent of Garry Kasparov :)
  • Options

You misunderstand. I'm actually a decent player (rating around 1900 or so last I seriously played). I just got annihilated by the software development equivalent of Garry Kasparov :)

Maybe you can play some lesser mortals of CL to rebuild your confidence ?
  • Options
    vff said:

Maybe you can play some lesser mortals of CL to rebuild your confidence ?
    He's too good for us... Everyone is too good for me! :-(
  • Options
    Seriously - I do love chess, but it's so time consuming and I just don't have the time spare
  • Options

supaclive said:

I've joined

Me too to both.

You should be able to find it in search if have no luck tell me your usernames and I'll send invites.
    Oww - that page is RED!
  • Options

supaclive said:

I've joined

Me too to both.

Oww - that page is RED!
    Of course it's red! Lol what else would it be for Charlton? ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But I mean VERY RED. I can hardly read it for the throbbing redness! ;0)
  • Options
    I will vouch for Leroy. He sorted my pawn to queens knight four ploy. If Leroy had the time then there is the captain of any Charlton chess team.
  • Options
    This "medium" computer programme is bizarre. I have never seen a queen sacrificed within the first 7 moves and then the king used aggressively to invade a fully intact enemy camp. It was so random I was a at a loss as to what to do for several moves...
  • Options
    Any chance of getting this resurrected?
  • Options
    I'll have a dig up of the original group
  • Options
    Just saw Paulie's name at the top of the page. What happended to him?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

became a Dad or Step Dad?... I think... He does appear on other forums.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Swisdom said:

He's both now... Speak to him quite often
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Swisdom said:

Has he got permission?
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Dazzler21 said:

Swisdom said:

Has he got permission?
    More importantly what colour is his hair?