Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chess.com

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2011

Leroy is gonna win tho! Leroy is right about the opening tho'. If you play against it you have to be very precise, I reckon i would know how to counter it because I use it all the time.

Leroy, you are good, I reckon you may well work in something Mathematical or Scientific or related. My only thing is if i play somebody enough times, you can 'read' them more, and it improves the chances of winning.

• Options
    You sure showed me. I don't think I've managed to beat anyone from CL yet :-(
    challenge me I'm rubbish
  • Options
    game on!
  • Options

I'll throw out a few invites to those above.

I used the Danny Hollands Opening against Leroy - all over the place!

• Options

Leroy is gonna win tho! Leroy is right about the opening tho'. If you play against it you have to be very precise, I reckon i would know how to counter it because I use it all the time.

Leroy, you are good, I reckon you may well work in something Mathematical or Scientific or related. My only thing is if i play somebody enough times, you can 'read' them more, and it improves the chances of winning.

Challenge accepted! After this game, I'll play you again, and this time I'll open with the Polish. I haven't played it for about twenty years!

I guess you could call IT 'mathematical' - though most of the time it bears as much relation to maths as I do to a footballer :o)
  • Options
    I know I am by far the worse player on here but credit has to be given to Ellisaddick checkmate in 11 moves didn't even see it coming.
  • Options
    Morning. I'll put my (user)name in the metaphorical hat. Padraig17 will be sending challenges your way.
  • Options
    Best man duties meant I just lost to most of you lot on time

Epic fail
  • Options

Morning. I'll put my (user)name in the metaphorical hat. Padraig17 will be sending challenges your way.

Challenge accepted - I have to say I'm enjoying the spirit in which these games are being played.

I play off & on (when I'm not travelling between France & UK) for a club in France - whilst it's polite and good natured most of the time I did once genuinely fear that someone was going to hit me after he lost a game in a Rapidplay tournament!    

• Options
    Agreed Charente, I'm really enjoying the friendship/fellowship of this. I wonder if we would get a Charlton Life team up (free badges donated by AFKA obviously) to play Palarse or the Spanners?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    my name - Talal111 if anyone wants a likely victory. Or is that a bluff?!  :-)
  • Options
    Best man duties meant I just lost to most of you lot on time

Epic fail

Yeah cheers dabos. I was signed up for a "remedial" tournament, but my epic "victory" over you bumped my rating over 1200, and I'm automatically transferred into a harder group.  I'm in for a kicking that not even Pardew or Cascarino could adequately describe!
  • Options
    Friendly against palarse?? thats pushing it a bit
  • Options
    Friendly against palarse?? thats pushing it a bit

Yeah - they'd just keep banging on about how they did us a favour when we borrowed their chess board in the 80s. They'd also give some spin about how their young little pawns are the best in the tournament. 
  • Options
    You;re still in your game against me dabos - and it's your move :o)

Well-played Seth. Next time, pick an opening that doesn't make my brains turn into mush thinking about it!
  • Options

Well-played Seth. Next time, pick an opening that doesn't make my brains turn into mush thinking about it!
    Sadly Leroy, the game against you is the only one that I've managed not to lose on time and was the only one I was losing!

Might send out a few challenges later, but I've just entered the 1600-1800 tournament so that's 10 simultaneous 3 day games. My brain hurts.
  • Options
    are you sure you weren't losing to the likes of me to sandbag your way into an easier tournament group dabos ;-)
  • Options
    I'm Jintster there. Used to be a passable chess player but have lost whatever skill I had. Had a few games over the last few days and am starting to get the hang of it again a bit (well at least my rating is back up into 4 figures!).

Not quite sure how to do challenges but happy to accept any!
  • Options

Sadly Leroy, the game against you is the only one that I've managed not to lose on time and was the only one I was losing!

Might send out a few challenges later, but I've just entered the 1600-1800 tournament so that's 10 simultaneous 3 day games. My brain hurts.
    Same here!

I've got three games against the same player!
  • Options

Just signed up as been back to playing Chess for quite a few years on a site called Chessworld.com where my current rating is 1200+, I am classed as a beginner and happy to play anyone, ColtheJock on Chess.com and Chessworld.

:-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I entered the 1200-1400 Tournament and I am currently top of the whole league which consists of more than 1700 people. OK, one player withdrew from my group so I got 2 points almost immediatly but it still feels good to look at my name at the top of a world league!
  • Options
    I'm unbeaten in the 1600-1800 tournament, but my rating has gone above 1800 as a result of that (and panelling a couple of yanks with better ratings). Does anyone know if I get booted out of the tournament or put up into the next bracket?
  • Options
    I'm unbeaten in the 1600-1800 tournament, but my rating has gone above 1800 as a result of that (and panelling a couple of yanks with better ratings). Does anyone know if I get booted out of the tournament or put up into the next bracket?
    You don't get booted out. The tournaments take a couple of years to finish I think.
  • Options
    Leroy, your rating at the start of the tournament stays put until the tournament is finished... But only for that tournament. If you joined another tournament you will have a different rating. If that makes any sense.
  • Options
    OK - that makes sense I guess. Cheers!
  • Options
    Currently undefeated against CL people (a whopping 4 of them) so if anyone wants to knock me off my perch :) Talal111
  • Options
    I'm admitting to being on there too, now I've got my rating back above 1000.

IdleHans
  • Options
    Currently undefeated against CL people (a whopping 4 of them) so if anyone wants to knock me off my perch :) Talal111
    Challenge issued
  • Options
    Challenge issued
    Your record looks far too good for me, I'm sure I'll enjoy a whipping!
  • Options
    Challenge issued
    Your record looks far too good for me, I'm sure I'll enjoy a whipping!
    You will if you keep playing crazy shit like g3 to counter the French defence!