Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chess.com

Comments

• Options
    Currently undefeated against CL people (a whopping 4 of them) so if anyone wants to knock me off my perch :) Talal111
    Challenge issued
    Your record looks far too good for me, I'm sure I'll enjoy a whipping!
    You will if you keep playing crazy shit like g3 to counter the French defence!
    I have no idea what you are talking about but it still made me lol...
  • Options
    a group has been set up to make it easier, Charlton Lifers
  • Options
    Currently undefeated against CL people (a whopping 4 of them) so if anyone wants to knock me off my perch :) Talal111
    Challenge issued
    I had no idea what he was talking about either but I think I'll go with the Zimbabwean defence next time
  • Options

Was busy and lost a couple of games on time, mind you Leroy Ambrose would have beaten me anyway.

• Options
    yeah, shame. Was enjoying our game.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    On paper it looks like the Charlton team should win it's opening fixture.
    4 games where the ranking difference should see a clear win for us, and the other 3 whilst closer should in theory be Charlton wins
    as you organised it SadieJane did you not want to play? 
  • Options
    well I am not good enough yet ranked under 1000 it won't let me but I am improving everyday I will hopefully join next one, also apologies to Talal who didn't get an opponent but the other team locked down at 7 players.  
  • Options
    I'll live
  • Options
    Challenge issued
    I had no idea what he was talking about either but I think I'll go with the Zimbabwean defence next time
    Get over it, will you?
  • Options
    Erm, it was you that felt the need to comment here on my 'error' so maybe you should take your own advice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ok fella. Whatever floats your boat.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Chess Fight !!
    Chess Fight !!

• Options
    haha!
  • Options

Chess is a very ruthless game when it comes down to it, mainly because it doesn't depend on any luck, just the smallest of advantages by moving first. if you lose, it's because the other guy was better (on the day).

I wish I'd been aware of a Charlton Athletic chess team, I'd love to have represented the addicks in something, and I reckon I would have been able to avoid defeat.

• Options

Chess is a very ruthless game when it comes down to it, mainly because it doesn't depend on any luck, just the smallest of advantages by moving first. if you lose, it's because the other guy was better (on the day).

I wish I'd been aware of a Charlton Athletic chess team, I'd love to have represented the addicks in something, and I reckon I would have been able to avoid defeat.

there are still some more challenges
  • Options
    How are the team games going? We have been issued with another team challenge with open rating, should we accept for those that didn't get the chance to play in the current one? or maybe others that are already playing want to play in another? Up to you guys, I'm still a novice.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Dear Deidrie . I'm 42 and have no idea how to play Chess. Am i odd?
  • Options
    yes!
  • Options
    yes!
    Lol . I Thought so !
  • Options
    Well done to the Charlton Life Chess team on winning your first match
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Were they playing the Charlton Life 'B' team then???
  • Options
    The guy I'm playing in the second match takes forever. He keeps going on holiday, and takes three days per move. Everyone else has finished and we are on our first game!
  • Options

Thanks for organising this SadieJane. You do realise that as a winning manager (albeit of the chess team), you are the CP of Charlton Life.

Legaladdick, a rest of the world X1 was put to the sword.

Whilst I retain hope that I may still be called up by CP to play football for the team, I can at least now say I've represented Charlton in a winning side.
  • Options
    I'm afraid we went down 7-3 against Shakhtar Donetsk. I guess their superior ground and training facilities swayed the match in their favour. Or something.

Here's the final result:
    chess.com/groups/team_match.html?id=113379
  • Options
    i am already a member
  • Options
    Who wants to start playing again?
  • Options
    I aint great at chess but will give it a go
  • Options
    me
  • Options
    Count me in
  • Options
    I've just checked the Charlton life group is still active a lot of players are not.

Paulie are you on chess.com we have a group/team.