Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alan Pardew

edited August 2011 in General Charlton
As if this throbber didn't do enough damage, he shows the club the disrespect with this whole Rob Elliot thing.

I honestly can't believe this guy, the only reason he is in work is because he kisses arse in the right places, makes me angry how arrogant he is.

Comments

• Options
    Im really sorry I might get barred,but he is one of the biggest wankers on the planet.If I met him with no cctv I could teach him a lot. My next thoughts are worse.
  • Options
    I think the best thing we can do is ignore the twat , i don't want him to rain on our parade , makes me want to sing support even more for Chrissy Powell's Red and white army , and let peace , love and goals ensue ;0
  • Options
    I think the best thing we can do is ignore the twat , i don't want him to rain on our parade , makes me want to sing support even more for Chrissy Powell's Red and white army , and let peace , love and goals ensue ;0

Do you work for the Unitied Nations? Pardew is a smug muppet!!
  • Options

I know but he's really not worth the time of day , its best to forget about him and concentrate on the job in hand .... winning promotion , don't get distracted from 'Our one aim'
  • Options

I know but he's really not worth the time of day , its best to forget about him and concentrate on the job in hand .... winning promotion , don't get distracted from 'Our one aim'

I'm with you on this one. But I had to vent my frustrations...
  • Options
    I know , if you can't vent them here , where can you vent them?

Pardew has a massive ego , not sure when its ever going to burst , he's just a well paid brickie in my book , who got lucky.
  • Options
    He wasted our money on players like McLeod (£1m) and he has the CHEEK to put our number 1 (or 44) keeper under the spotlight before a match. He is an arrogant prick and I hope he messes up at Newcastle because he doesn't deserve much. Brainless knob with a big ego. 

£100k.. that takes the micky!

(sorry about language but it does get on my bits!)
  • Options
    Don't let him and his nonsense get to you. He's become a wealthy man through being a shocking football manager and that's great for him, but ultimately he's a joke. All the money won't buy back your reputation, and it looks like £100k won't buy you Robbie !
  • Options
    Hopefully he doesn't last to long.

I remember after he left us and got a million pound compensation I saw him in Harrods spending the money, unluckily for me I was working otherwise I would of speared him out of Harrods.
  • Options
    bell end

FACT
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    only got the job at Newcastle because he's a poker playing mate of Ashley and he is prepared to lie for Ashley and take all the stick when it goes tits up and all because he's prepared to sell his soul for a 5 year contract on hefty wages. Really is a 21 carat gold .....
  • Options
    Lol I reckon we should just make this a pardew hate thread, anything legal goes. He is an asbolute scumbag and one of the worst creatures to ever have an association with our great club. A money-wasting piece of s**t who hasn't got a clue.

Pardew is SCUM.... end of.
  • Options
    I agree with all the above. I can't stand the prat.
  • Options
    I'm going to go against the tide here, risk abuse and say a few words positive about him. As a player I liked him. Seem to remember a hat trick against southend at the valley, goal in the last minute by rounding the keeper. He did a good job for us. After dowie all I wanted and all many of us wanted was to get Pardew in, remember the north stand chanting his name? ? ? He was not a success as a manager for us. I don't think it is all his fault though, the club gave him the money, the scouts watched the players as well. You only have to look at the number of teams that struggle again after relegation to know that it isn't just a Pardew mess up - it is a problem with football, the way clubs are run and the desire for instant success. It's like kicking the dog for being in the way when you've had a bad day, there is a bigger issue. We knew he was smarmy, arrogant and we chanted his name. Ducking for cover now.
  • Options
    Wenger should have done the world a favor and clumped him years ago
  • Options
    What pissed me off the most about him was before a match against Palace when he came out and said how much he loved them and how its just another game for him and the team and there is no local rivalry. Fair enough he played for them but should have just not said anything. It was always obvious to everyone that he love Palace more than Charlton
  • Options
    Bangkok Dave

Fair point, I was one of those singing his name too, especially after we battered the Hamsters. His early post match interviews inspired confidence.

But before he arrived at ours,  I assumed he had been unfairly treated by Icelandic business people who didnt understand football. I remember wincing when they described him as a "cancer", and just put that down to hyperbole from a not very nice Viking.

A few days later i was on another internet thread in a national paper and having a nice exchange with an intelligent Hamster. And he wrote "you might want to wait for some rather interesting news about that nice Mr Pardew". And then he disappeared before I could ask him what he meant. 

Then the allegations about Pardew's personal conduct came out, and all the above fitted into place. Most people know what the allegations are, they remain that, and we can't really be more explicit. (although the stuff printed when he left Southampton was quite explicit and never challenged by him in court). But it reminded me that a good manager is not just a good tactician, he has to be a good people manager.

If the allegations are true then Pardew is one of the biggest ***** in football, and his current behaviour regarding Robbie would just be in keeping with that status. 
  • Options
    edited September 2012

I heard he was smashing Darren Amrbose's partner whilst he was Charlton manager
  • Options
    What were the allegations at Southampton?  Apart from spending a lot of money and insisting on another striker, then another striker, and then another striker.  Whilst not bothering about midfielders, or defenders.  Same everywhere else.
  • Options
    What do we expect, he's a palace C**T, in future we should stay away from any palace affiliated players/managers. 
    Get stabbed in the back constant, he makes my blood boil.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fair enough PragueAddick and I agree mostly. But as you said a lot of the things are just rumours. I'm not saying I like the guy, he's not on my christmas card list, but I do think we've been looking for someone to blame for our recent demise and it looks like people can't see beyond Pardew. 

A few points about Pardew - I'm not saying they are true/facts/good reasons - just throwing them out there.

He has been employed more than Curbs - if you believe the only reason Ashley gave him the Newcastle job was because they pay cards together then I think you need to look at Mike Ashley's business dealings. He is not a stupid man, despite the evidence to the contrary.

The win/game ratio of recent managers;

Pardew 42.91%
    Curbishley 39.03%
    Parkinson 39.38%

Anyway I guess my overall point is - in my opinion he doesn't deserve the amount of abuse he gets from Charlton fans. He is a manager who has had reasonable success elsewhere, who manages in the highest league in England and despite his apparent unlikeable personality traits has had a decent career.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Sorry, didn't Powell play for Palace? We have a long history of players transferring between us and our neighbours.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    He did....but only three times!
  • Options
    Fair enough PragueAddick and I agree mostly. But as you said a lot of the things are just rumours. I'm not saying I like the guy, he's not on my christmas card list, but I do think we've been looking for someone to blame for our recent demise and it looks like people can't see beyond Pardew. 

A few points about Pardew - I'm not saying they are true/facts/good reasons - just throwing them out there.

He has been employed more than Curbs - if you believe the only reason Ashley gave him the Newcastle job was because they pay cards together then I think you need to look at Mike Ashley's business dealings. He is not a stupid man, despite the evidence to the contrary.

The win/game ratio of recent managers;

Pardew 42.91%
    Curbishley 39.03%
    Parkinson 39.38%

Anyway I guess my overall point is - in my opinion he doesn't deserve the amount of abuse he gets from Charlton fans. He is a manager who has had reasonable success elsewhere, who manages in the highest league in England and despite his apparent unlikeable personality traits has had a decent career.
    A job he got after being sacked from a league one club....
  • Options
    It's easy for us to slag him off with hindsight but I'm proud to say I didn't like him as a player or a manager. Yes, we've had many an ex budgie play for us down the years (present manager included) but cut him and this man would bleed in stripes. Yes i cheered when he scored but I was cheering for my team, not the undercover nigel that happened to score it.

I always thought of the situation a bit like "your sister marries a bloke who you knew from the past and never liked, but you have to grit your teeth and smile at family gatherings."

My feeling were pretty much the same (albeit on a slightly lesser level) about Alan McCleary. !00% Millwall man.
  • Options
    What were the allegations at Southampton?  Apart from spending a lot of money and insisting on another striker, then another striker, and then another striker.  Whilst not bothering about midfielders, or defenders.  Same everywhere else.
    When he was dismissed there were reports of him "approaching' the wife of one of his players. 

Generally,if you can get them to talk off the record, people closer to the club are really damning about Pardew. "Ripped the heart out of the club" was one phrase I remember from a well known Lifer, I doubt thought that he or others wish to open up on here about it, unfortunately.
  • Options
    Hopefully his reign will be short lived at Newcastle.
  • Options
    Hopefully his reign will be short lived at Newcastle.
    Nah. i hope he's there for the duration of his contract.........................Let's see how they like it.They'd be in the BSP at the end of it. :-D
  • Options
    someone just told me he's signed a new 8 year contract at Newcastle!
  • Options
    As much as I hate to say it...hes done well there!!