Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alan Pardew

Comments

• Options
    yep - till 2020-2021 season
  • Options
    He was already about 2 years into a 6 year one.
  • Options
    http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120927/eight-year-deals-for-pardew-and-coaches_2281670_2931833

8 years what a Joke, he can now take the piss as much as he wants knowing if he gets sacked they will have to pay him off big time.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

As much as I hate to say it...hes done well there!!

8 years though....seems like an excessively long contract even as well as he's done. He can't lose financially that bloke, must have a brilliant agent, not sure why Newcastle felt the need to do that, not like he's going to get a much better job than that is he?

• Options
    edited September 2012
    thicko mistake.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    as good a job he's done there i cant see any of the sky 4 or England coming in for him.

crazy stuff as per usual from newcastle
  • Options
    All the good things Pardew did as a Player for us have been undone, in my opinion, by what he did to us when Manager. Spent stupid money on Varney, Gray and Izale Mcleod whom he said would "fire us into the Premiership" and compounded the mistakes made by Dowie which had started our slide towards the 3rd division.
  • Options
    Curb-it ask the Cardinal about Robs dad ! he isnt a small unit and is CAFC to the bone.
  • Options

All the good things Pardew did as a Player for us have been undone, in my opinion, by what he did to us when Manager. Spent stupid money on Varney, Gray and Izale Mcleod whom he said would "fire us into the Premiership" and compounded the mistakes made by Dowie which had started our slide towards the 3rd division.

It's annoying that he bought Ricky Lambert for Soton, and Ba and Cisse for Newcastle, yet his Charlton striker signings were disastrous.
  • Options
    I think ill give up. I read this thread from top and thought it meant Elliott had been given an 8 year contract - which i just couldnt get my head round. But It was pardew... der. ill edit the illegitimate son bit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    8 years is ridiculous! So what happens if this january he makes some awful purchases after having to sell Ba for £7m and they slide down the table - he gets a brilliant pay off. I would imagine the incentive to do well would at least diminish slightly if you know no matter what you do you are going to get a big pay off at the end of it. Need to sign up for this guys agent - i imagine he is pretty cheap?
  • Options
    8 year contract granted by the hard headed Mr Ashley .. it shows that Ashley is looking for consistency and a team that will play good, attacking football with no fear that the manager will be sacked if at times the team is not successful. Every change of manager must cost a big club millions::: compensation, hiring a whole new back room staff and players that the new man 'simply must have'. I'd sooner see Pardew get a good deal rather than some foreign upstart, though Pardew's signings are mostly non-English
  • Options
    8 years is ridiculous for the reasons already stated. He could have a bad season just as quickly as he had a good one last season.

4-5 years is a long enough deal for anyone in football.
  • Options

8 year contract granted by the hard headed Mr Ashley .. it shows that Ashley is looking for consistency and a team that will play good, attacking football with no fear that the manager will be sacked if at times the team is not successful. Every change of manager must cost a big club millions::: compensation, hiring a whole new back room staff and players that the new man 'simply must have'. I'd sooner see Pardew get a good deal rather than some foreign upstart, though Pardew's signings are mostly non-English

Sometimes I wonder if you intentionally champion controversial views just to take the piss.
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Sometimes I wonder if you intentionally champion controversial views just to take the piss.
    who rattled your cage ? .. my views are up for discussion, all you do is slag off others' opinions .. you really are a horrid child .. my views are so out of line that one of the richest UK retailers .. Ashley .. has granted an 8 year contract .. I am not sure a pissant like you knows more than he
  • Options

who rattled your cage ? .. my views are up for discussion, all you do is slag off others' opinions .. you really are a horrid child .. my views are so out of line that one of the richest UK retailers .. Ashley .. has granted an 8 year contract .. I am not sure a pissant like you knows more than he
    One of the richest UK retailers...ergo a football genius.

Somehow I don't see too many other chairmen following suit, but who are they compared to the living legend that is Mike Ashley??

P.S. "All I do is slag off others' opinions" is a tad harsh...mostly its just yours.
  • Options
    8year contact unbelievable.

Very stupid. We can't see whats included in the contract like clauses etc but I'm guessing it's a great deal for pardew.

• Options
    To be fair Pardue inherited a problem and OK he probably made it worse. But Charlton didn't stick with him. I rate him as a manager and don't get the abuse you guys give him. He was a great player for us etc.
    He has done a brilliant job at Newcastle. Although the fella who keeps spotting the French talent should also take some of the praise and hopefully has been rewarded.
  • Options
    Never known a manager to have his luck bode so well for him like this guy. Was amazed he even got the Newcastle job, let alone everything that followed.
  • Options
    Has done well at Newcastle but how did he get the job in the first place. For whatever reason he seems to fall on his feet but I still think it'll end in tears for the Geordies. Time will tell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You're not the only one that thinks it, don't worry.
  • Options
    Name the most successful Premiership sides and then tell me what they have in common - long term managers. I think it's a very bold and positive move by Newcastle. Whether or not they've chosen the right guy to pin their hopes on is another matter.
  • Options
    No matter what he does now or in the future I see his smug face and hear his grating voice and I just think.....

C**T
  • Options

It's annoying that he bought Ricky Lambert for Soton, and Ba and Cisse for Newcastle, yet his Charlton striker signings were disastrous.
    Unfortunately we didn't have the Dad of "Chatty Man", Graham Carr, to find the likes of Ba and Cisse. And that is why Carr was given an 8 year extended contract back in June (to take him to the age of 75).

• Options
    His own sense of his own importance will undo him. He'll go to Liverpool when wotsit gets the sack...and then we can have the last laugh.
  • Options

His own sense of his own importance will undo him. He'll go to Liverpool when wotsit gets the sack...and then we can have the last laugh.

8 year deal for him and all the backroom staff gives the Chairman the opportunity to secure massive compensation when they are poached ;-)

• Options

Unfortunately we didn't have the Dad of "Chatty Man", Graham Carr, to find the likes of Ba and Cisse. And that is why Carr was given an 8 year extended contract back in June (to take him to the age of 75).

But imagine if he had bought Lambert for us instead of McLeod - both were lower league strikers. 92 goals in 163 appearances for them...
  • Options

But imagine if he had bought Lambert for us instead of McLeod - both were lower league strikers. 92 goals in 163 appearances for them...

But he didn't though. For us he was cack. I admit he has an impressive record in Toon so far but realistically it will go downhill from here. The Geordies will be expecting to break into the Champions League and after last season the tin tack will loom as soon as the wheels come off - and I still predict they will.

Remember they got rid of Hughton for no good reason so if he sees out 8 years I will eat my hat!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I suggested to Peter Varney that we would should sign Rickie Lambert from Bristol R. He said that he was a big useless lump & we weren't interested !
  • Options

I suggested to Peter Varney that we would should sign Rickie Lambert from Bristol R. He said that he was a big useless lump & we weren't interested !

Did you suggest lambert in a meeting?