Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

GCSE results

Sorry to mention this..but many people will be getting their GCSE's results tomorrow (myself included) aI hope that if there are any lifers who are getting your results tomorrow then you get the grades you want. Also to those lifers who have a relative who may be getting their results tomorrow, all the best to them too.

Comments

• Yep, heading in to get mine too.
    Good luck to you too pal
  • Best of luck mate.
  • Good luck lads, let us know how you get on
  • I'll be getting mine tomorrow. Pretty sure what grades I got in most, so, hopefully, there won't be many suprises.
  • Good luck Covered End Jnr, just hope your brains come from your mothers side :-)
  • Cheers mate and Covered End says fook off ;) lol.
  • youu lot are making me feel old im and i am 17! you'll do fine lads and its truly not the end of the world if they aint what you want. good luck!
  • Cheers for the messages!
  • Chirpy Red Jnr has started off with 2 B's in Maths and PE. These were available on-line this morning. Was just a mark or two off an A in maths. He wasn't confident on Maths so was at first delighted with a B then a tinge of disappointment at just missing an A!

Off to BGS now for the rest. He needs 7 B's or equivilant to be accepted into the 6th Form at BGS, that's the priority, anythng else will be a bonus. Fingers crossed.

• Sponsored links:

• Chirpy Red Jnr has started off with 2 B's in Maths and PE. These were available on-line this morning. Was just a mark or two off an A in maths. He wasn't confident on Maths so was at first delighted with a B then a tinge of disappointment at just missing an A!

Off to BGS now for the rest. He needs 7 B's or equivilant to be accepted into the 6th Form at BGS, that's the priority, anythng else will be a bonus. Fingers crossed.

best bet is to get it re-marked (maths) you don't lose anything and may get him up to an a 
  • CR Jnr got 2 A's, 8 B's and 2 C's so he's in the 6th Form at his school. Big relief.

• my boy got 7 A*s, 4A's and a B (In German, so doesn't count). Definitely dumbing down since my day.
  • I got 7 A's and 5 B's. Not bad, but I was dissapointed to miss out on A's by a few marks in Maths and English Lit. Got the marks I need to do French, Politics, History and ICT next year, so I', content.
  • I've just woke up and are getting mine today as well. only done half of them as i'm going into year 11 this year
  • edited August 2011
    Got 5 A's, 2 B's and 9 C's...which means i got 16 overall, and didn't fail any.....delighted with the results.....well done everyone else too! Happy days!

Which also meant i was able to go into sixth form with no problems...really chuffed
  • I got 7 A's and 5 B's. Not bad, but I was dissapointed to miss out on A's by a few marks in Maths and English Lit. Got the marks I need to do French, Politics, History and ICT next year, so I', content.
    I've just done my 1st year of politics at AS level and got a B(getting it remarked though 'cause was 1 mark of an A). You'll really enjoy it. Theres a lot of information to remember, and it can be quite overwhelming at times, but more importantly(and unlike some other subjects), its interesting to study.
  • Congratulations to you all.

At the risk of giving AFKA and Lookie apoplexy if you want to discuss why the UK should leave the EU Folev I'm your man :-)

• Got 5 A's, 2 B's and 9 C's...which means i got 16 overall, and didn't fail any.....delighted with the results.....well done everyone else too! Happy days!

Which also meant i was able to go into sixth form with no problems...really chuffed
    How do you get 16 GCSEs? I'm sure I never had the opportunity to sit more than 11?
  • I think when I was school there were only 6 subjects - Maths, English, Physics, Biology, PE and RE!

How do you get 16? And how long are the exams drawn out over. Serious question as my son starts grammar school in a few weeks and I need to brush up on this new skooling thing.

• Sponsored links:

• How can you study and pass 16 exams ! Phenomenal. Well done to all.
  • edited August 2011
    Stepdaughter got 4 B's 3 C's and 2 D's despite having severe dyslexia.

Well done Ali :)
  • Well done guys and gals , commiserations to those of you who didn't get what you needed, don't give up.
  • I got 4 A*s, 3 Bs and 4 Cs today. Overall I'm pleased, but I know I could have done a lot better.
  • Got 5 A's, 2 B's and 9 C's...which means i got 16 overall, and didn't fail any.....delighted with the results.....well done everyone else too! Happy days!

How do you get 16 GCSEs? I'm sure I never had the opportunity to sit more than 11?
    Works out to be about 16....thats like 2 business, 4 OCR science, all that crap haha! Plus an additional exam, it works out to be about 14/15/16 (Need to check with school)
  • god gcses sound easy, not to take anything away from you all! :P
  • I think when I was school there were only 6 subjects - Maths, English, Physics, Biology, PE and RE!

How do you get 16? And how long are the exams drawn out over. Serious question as my son starts grammar school in a few weeks and I need to brush up on this new skooling thing.

Basically, i had a BTEC business which was equivalent to 2 GCSE's. These days you have additional exams such as an ALAN test which is a mixture of Maths and English which was a equivalent to a 'B' GCSE. So thats why i got a lot really.
  • Happy with results. Chuffed with an A in english, will have to keep it up with all the grammer police on here!

;o)

• In year 10 so only half way but I got 

4 A's

3 B's

1 C

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

: )

By the way if you did'nt  get the message i'm really happy
  • In year 10 so only half way but I got 

4 A's

3 B's

1 C