Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Di Canio losing the Plot

edited August 2011 in General Charlton
Anyone else just seen Di Canio losing the plot and grappling with one of his players down the tunnel tonight - had him by the throat - loose cannon

Comments

• You beat me to it Bubble!

Read somewhere Clarke has refused to go to the dressing room and someone has had to bring his clothes out, couldn't make it up!
  • On SSN
  • love to see him and macormack having a pushing fest
  • Bizarre - he's only bought the bloke, I mean I'm all for keeping players inline but that was nuts, back on sky italia me thinks
  • I would not fancy having a row with Leon Clarke... oh Paolo what a player but what a nutcase
  • yeah great player but i dont think he has the right temperment to be a manager!!
  • That was odd. 

He seemed to kick off at half time too, his side sounded like a bunch of diving cheats. 
  • yeah great player but i dont think he has the right temperment to be a manager!!
    There have been enough on here calling for him to be manager in the past.
  • Just seen it - interesting approach to man management.  Expect a bland statement about 'passion' from a spokesman.
  • I was always amazed at the amount of people on here clamouring for him as manager.  A complete loose cannon who was always going to go mental, just a matter of time..took him about 5 ganes hasn't it?
  • Sponsored links:

• The video footage of tonights incident..

http://yfrog.com/jn2ogz
  • Bit disappointed in Paulo there. Never had him down as a nutter.
  • Argument between Clarke and the fitness coach and Paolo has jumped in by the looks of it.
  • bit unfair on him, he does look as if he's trying to get leon clarke into the dressing room, but alas paolo's rep has got the better of him and he looks the bad guy.
  • dicanio is a comedy gold 
  • bit unfair on him, he does look as if he's trying to get leon clarke into the dressing room, but alas paolo's rep has got the better of him and he looks the bad guy.

Agreed, that was 100% down to the player, Di Canio was trying to get him down the tunnel to get thing sorted behind closed doors but Clarke wanted to show how big his bollocks were.

Still, what on earth could Paulo Di Canio (ex Lazio, West Ham, Italy) teach Leon Clarke (Wolves and Sheffield Wednesday)???

Di Canio should fine the player heavily and come down hard like Ferguson does. I read from Gary Neville's auto-bio the other day that he once told Fergie to "F=== off" in a European game and the great man didn't play him again for a month but made him travel with the squad for every game anyway!!!

• Rumours going around that he has been sacked.

Don't know why Di Canio is being blamed, It looked like he was trying to take him down the tunnel ot of the way.
  • Rumours going around that he has been sacked.

Don't know why Di Canio is being blamed, It looked like he was trying to take him down the tunnel ot of the way.
    trying to get him out of the sight of any cameras before sticking one in his kidneys more like.
  • edited August 2011
    DiCanio is a wanker, worst person I've ever seen in a Charlton shirt. Gave it big in appealing towards the fans, but gave it shit on the field. No goals (excluding penalties) in 36 games as a forward FACT. Statistically the worst striker in Charlton's entire history, yet still idiots sang his name. Glad he's finally being found out. Hope he fucks off back to Italy asap.
  • DiCanio is a wanker, worst person I've ever seen in a Charlton shirt. Gave it big in appealing towards the fans, but gave it shit on the field. No goals (excluding penalties) in 36 games as a forward FACT. Statistically the worst striker in Charlton's entire history, yet still idiots sang his name. Glad he's finally being found out. Hope he fucks off back to Italy asap.
    He was one of the main reasons we finished 7th in that season......
  • Sponsored links:

• DiCanio is a wanker, worst person I've ever seen in a Charlton shirt. Gave it big in appealing towards the fans, but gave it shit on the field. No goals (excluding penalties) in 36 games as a forward FACT. Statistically the worst striker in Charlton's entire history, yet still idiots sang his name. Glad he's finally being found out. Hope he fucks off back to Italy asap.
    He was one of the main reasons we finished 7th in that season......
    Rather than higher up? I'm not sure what value there is in a non-scoring striker. People are currently dissing potential striker targets who only score 1 in 5 or 6 in open-play, Di Canio scored 0 in 36. Signing him was the worst mistake Curbs ever did. FACT.
  • Irrelevant but my first email address was something along the lines of di_canio@hotmail.... idolised the guy, he was a good player for us, he had the same demeanour throughout his whole career, Berbatov reminds me a little of him. Effortlessness can often be mistaken for laziness. He's a full blooded Italian, wears his heart on is sleeve.
    For me Clarke looked more like the aggressor in this case, for some reason pushing a ref to the floor and being a facist has altered many's perception of him...why is that??? ;)
    Did you see a single match that year? Di Canio was one of the best players for during that season. It's not all about goals you know. Just look at the assist he got in the final game for Jason Euell's goal. The fact everyone chanted his name surely tells you that you were the only one not to realise how class the guy was for us.
  • While its true Di Canio had a poor scoring record at Charlton his overall contribution on the field was immense, he gave us the sort of quality in the final third that we had never had before and may not again for a long time to come.

His close control, passing, movement, running with the ball and bringing others into the game was top-class, it was a pleasure to watch him.

Did you see a single match that year? Di Canio was one of the best players for during that season. It's not all about goals you know. Just look at the assist he got in the final game for Jason Euell's goal. The fact everyone chanted his name surely tells you that you were the only one not to realise how class the guy was for us.
    Ignore him, the bloke is a sad attention seeker who has now put comments on at 2am for 2 nights on the spin to wind people up. His choice of language is also unnecessary.
    Ignore him, the bloke is a sad attention seeker who has now put comments on at 2am for 2 nights on the spin to wind people up. His choice of language is also unnecessary.
    I've had to bite. Some people on here know why I didn't want him as a manager, those reasons aside, I thought he was a terrific footballer all through his career and that certainly includes playing for Charlton.
  • Ignore him. This is his second name on here trying to post provacative posts. Was relatively amusing at first, but can't resist taking it too far. Won't be a third.
  • Cant we have an ignore button ... :)
  • edited August 2011
    DiCanio is a wanker, worst person I've ever seen in a Charlton shirt. Gave it big in appealing towards the fans, but gave it shit on the field. No goals (excluding penalties) in 36 games as a forward FACT. Statistically the worst striker in Charlton's entire history, yet still idiots sang his name. Glad he's finally being found out. Hope he fucks off back to Italy asap.
    I had the pleasure of meeting DiCanio, top fella! And was fantastic in our team, the biggest shame of your idiotic post is to use the username Spirit of 1947, that is more of an insult than the BS you write.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz