Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Di Canio losing the Plot

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Bit on sky sports about this incident,  Di Canio claiming he will not play again, lazy,and wanted a move before the game.
    Although I have to say that the  tone of the comments seemed to hardly help the situation, appreciate that Di Canio is not seen as a diplomat, but needs to be less abrassive in his current position, which has not set the world on fire. Perhaps he himself has an alternative motive?
  • Options
    Bit on sky sports about this incident,  Di Canio claiming he will not play again, lazy,and wanted a move before the game.
    Although I have to say that the  tone of the comments seemed to hardly help the situation, appreciate that Di Canio is not seen as a diplomat, but needs to be less abrassive in his current position, which has not set the world on fire. Perhaps he himself has an alternative motive?
    Dictator more his style?
  • Options
    Don't want to see a Fascist in any position of influence in this country, sorry.  Sooner he goes the better.
  • Options
    The fans appear to totally support Di Canio and want Leon Clarke to leave describing him as fat, lazy and useless. As he is under contract he is not in a good position really if the fans and Di Canio don't rate him. His previous club was QPR and their fans have a similar opinion of him. Strange that the Swindon players are mostly backing Clarke - happy club!
  • Options
    Matter of time before he would fly of the handle like that.

Glad the fans back him as they are the only ones who are as passionate as him. Player power does my head in.
  • Options
    If the guy is fat and useless and lazy then why did Di Canio sign him?

• Options
    Andy Scott was really pissed of today, saying all of Swindons players were diving like they had been shot. He called it the Di canio show.

Can't see him lasting long
  • Options

nor me think scotts overated, dicanio what a character

• Options
    Scott is way overated where as Di canio is class oozes quality and is a proper footballer, glad they won today 3-2 over the team top of the league great result,

The players know they can't hide and if they step out of line then they will be next, sooner there get used to it the easier it will be,

Paulo DIcanio is a legend shame he wernt here longer
  • Options
    Spoken to some Swindon fans who were embarrased by the diving. Anyone who declares he is proud to be a fascist is a problem with me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scott is way overated where as Di canio is class oozes quality and is a proper footballer, glad they won today 3-2 over the team top of the league great result,

I wonder how long Rotherham will stay top without Le Fondre?

• Options

I wonder how long Rotherham will stay top without Le Fondre?

TBF the striker they brought into replace him is a great signing his two goals today showed that.
  • Options
    Yeh right the players hate him. Pah. Did you just see that player who scored and ran straight to his manager and nearly snogged him.

Good luck to the little handsome fascist.
  • Options
    I can't think of a single player in the history of Charlton Athletic who played for us for just one season and yet Is held I'd such high regard. great manager? Maybe not - but a brilliant player ? Undoubtably .
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Yes, I loved DiCanio when he was with us and he was always fascinating to watch wherever he was but the facist thing disturbs me. I sort of let him off to a degree because he is mad and an idiot but it can't help but taint him to some degree in my eyes which I found sad because he was a hero.
  • Options
    ^That. 

DiCanio: The human face of fascism! lol.
  • Options
    While I disapprove of fascism as a concept and a movement it didn't really colour my view of DiCanio because to me it makes no difference to him as a player. We're not talking refusing to pass the ball to any player of a certain race for example. Besides, we knew he was mental when he joined, it didn't come out of nowhere.
  • Options
    Di canio is a god every where he has played and is loved by most cos he is a man's man
  • Options
    not sure if its true that the players were backing leon clarke. from yesterday it would seem they are playing for their manager.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Di canio has been sacked by sky sports italia due to showing a tattoo on his arm referring to fascist dictator Benito Mussolini on live tv.

it looks more like a V than a U but whatever.

apparently its against the law to celebrate or defend fascism in Italy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3789529/Paolo-Di-Canio-axed-Sky-Sport-Italia-pundit-displaying-fascist-Dux-tattoo.html
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And a bonus is that facists can't really argue about their right to free speech!
  • Options
    Was he always a moron? Didn't really seem like it. A bit mad but didn't seem like someone that would have these kind of beliefs.
    Not that I know him.
    I guess people can always suprise.

Admired his footballing ability and he gave us an added lift of pure class for the short time when he was with us. A genius on the field.
    Played for the shirt!

A major screw is loose somewhere, brain deteriorating perhaps?.... He's certainly old enough to understand exactly what fascism stands for.
    So perhaps I'm being too kind.

Does it really make sense? No....but he is a bit crazy.

Reluctantly accept that the guy should just f*ck off and no longer be apart of football and any kind of limelight.

Disgraceful.

• Options
    "....it's a facist regime, that made you a moron - potential H Bomb"

Rotten stuff.
  • Options
    He's always held those views Dave21.

Great player in his day, possibly past his best when we had him but I still remember he occasionally showed us his amazing skills. He was also able to lift the other players. Thought he would be a good manager, but I was wrong.
  • Options

Di canio has been sacked by sky sports italia due to showing a tattoo on his arm referring to fascist dictator Benito Mussolini on live tv.

it looks more like a V than a U but whatever.

apparently its against the law to celebrate or defend fascism in Italy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3789529/Paolo-Di-Canio-axed-Sky-Sport-Italia-pundit-displaying-fascist-Dux-tattoo.html

Because it's in Latin, which does not have the letter U. Like, for instance, in the top line in this image which would read "...licorum" and "sacrorum" in modern day transliterations.