Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the transfer deadline day thread

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    I'd like to comment, but can't really think of anything to say.
  • Options
    I'd like to comment, but can't really think of anything to say.
    doesn't usually stop you ;-)
  • Options
    Thank you, Large one.

;o)
  • Options
    Did the clubs promoted in the last couple of years each have 4  forwards better than BWP, Hayes, Benson and Euell?  I doubt it
    I think the answer is no. If you throw Waggy into the mix, and add the goals of Jacko, and (hopefully) Hollands, Stephens and Green, and it looks pretty strong from where I am sitting.

I still think there may be a loanee or two coming in.

As for this summer, I have been supporting the Addicks now for 40+ years and I can't remember one like it. Quantity doesn't always mean quality but so far, those who have made the first team squad look to be quality not just at this level but also potentially for the next one.

I think that real credit should go to the Board for what they have achieved and much of it done weeks ago. There seems to me to be a professionalism of approach (clearly backed with some money) that shines through. I am giving credit to TJ and MS, but also to RM and PV because I am sure their experience has added great value to this process.

Well said, Bing.

Surely we have to believe that SCP et al are happy with the squad as it stands at this moment or have a cunning plan loanee wise to supplement the strike force if they feel that's required. Can't think of  too many mistakes made so far so why should we question them now ?

Keep the faith.

• Options

James Beattie is well worth a shot! He's Proved he can score in higher divisions than league 1

COYR!

• Options
    I want cover for BWP.  Schlupp may be it but we shall see.

What we've proved already is that we didn't need extra strikers before the season kicked off.  It doesn't have to be NOW NOW NOW.   The loan systems is there if and when we need it and I'd rather we wait until either we need it OR the right player becomes available.
  • Options
    I think it's not a bad situation when even though not everyone rates the back up strikers, all 4 of them have already found the back of the net before August was done.
  • Options
    I think it's not a bad situation when even though not everyone rates the back up strikers, all 4 of them have already found the back of the net before August was done.
    Nice one.
  • Options
    But I would still like to see a good hungry loan striker brought in.

Not as hungry as the Plymouth players obviously.
  • Options
    Blackburn have terminated dioufs contract. Wonder who will be willing to give him a try. hard work though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blackburn have terminated dioufs contract. Wonder who will be willing to give him a try. hard work though.
    probably end up with Warnock at QPR