Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MK Dons vs. Charlton | 27th September | Match Preview, Predictions, News, Teams

WSSWSS
edited September 2011 in General Charlton
Having disposed of Chesterfield with relative comfort at The Valley on Saturday, Chris Powell's 'one-aimers' travel to Roundabout Central on Tuesday night to face MK Dons. A couple of weeks ago this looked likely to be a Top-Two clash, but without a win in their last three games, MK Dons sit in a modest 9th place. That being said, like Charlton, the Milton Keynes outfit have yet to experience defeat at home in the league (W2, D2).

The Addicks' midweek opponents will be looking to replicate our home record by picking up three points, and with Charlie MacDonald and Clinton Morrison potentially up-top it would seem they already have a two goal, sod's law, head start.

That being said, the current Charlton outfit are consistent, and the dire Football League show even commented that Chris Powell has only been forced into two changes to his lineup in the nine games played so far this season. it's unlikely this will change. Commenting last week, Powell was confident his troops could cope with three difficult games in seven days with minimal changes. The rearguard of Charlton is now settled and improving game by game especially in the full back positions, combine this with an attacking and confident midfield four this team should always be a threat regardless of the opposition. The attacking partnership (and it is a partnership) of BWP and Hayes speaks for itself with a superb return of goals and assists shared already.

Options from the bench still look somewhat limited whilst we wait for Danny Green and Mikel Alonso to prove their fitness and force their way back into the manager's thinking although the option of French striker Kermongant looks positive.

Four wins out of four on the road is more than anyone (other than Powell and the team possibly) had expected and to carry it over to the next two games will be difficult, but stretching it out to five on the spin is within this team's reach. 2-1 to the Addicks.

Come on you reds!

Comments

• Options
    1-1 draw for me, after much debating, some pride swallowing and going back on my own word - i'll now be attending, we need all the support we can muster
  • Options
    Now that Powell has make clear he is not happy about the team sitting back I do not think this will happen quite as much as it has been. Before his comments I would have gone for a 2-1 win for us.  After them, I think we will press on and on in the coming two games.  4-2 to us.  
  • Options
    am i wrong or did i read somwhere MK dons signed Clinton Morrison on emergancy loan from sheff weds??
  • Options
    am i wrong or did i read somwhere MK dons signed Clinton Morrison on emergancy loan from sheff weds??
    Correct, that's why he is mentioned in the preview. ;-)
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to this one. I'm taking my 8 year old son to his first Charlton away game ( he comes to all the home ones) and i fancy another 3-1 win. COYR!!
  • Options
    The same fixture last year was one of the low points of the season for me, beaten only by Dagenham away.

Powell got the formation and the player selection wrong and we wilted badly second half.

This year we are a different team so expect a much better performance.  MK Dons remain a decent side so 1 - 0 to us (Hayes)   I shall be gracing the posh seats again so can avoid accusations of giving them any financial benefit.
    Yes, that's why WSS mentioned him in the pre-view!
  • Options

MKD are there for the taking and I expect a 2-0 win for us

• Options
    Charlton - Current league position 1st: Highest possible position at end of game 1st - Lowest 1st

MK Dons - Current league position 9th: Highest possible position at end of game 2nd - Lowest 9th
  • Options
    Are we on the radio for this one?
  • Options

Tough away game and in all the understandable euphoria we need to guard against complacency.

I'll be happy with a point and ecstatic with anything more than that.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton - Current league position 1st: Highest possible position at end of game 1st - Lowest 1st

MK Dons - Current league position 9th: Highest possible position at end of game 2nd - Lowest 9th
    This will also be just over 20% of the season gone and I said I would start looking at how we are after 10 games, worst case is we are at the top 1 point clear. Best is at the top 6 points clear.  We are in good shape and playing well.  Non of this will have gone unnoticed by the players.   
  • Options
    Wll be one of our toughest away trips. We are capable of coming through it but MK Dons will be up for shooting us down and we may have to withstand some early pressure. All results possible but a narrow win for us or a draw is the vibe I am getting. Actually think Saturday will be a bit easier than this one.
  • Options
    I am going for a 1 - 1 draw but we must remember that sooner or later we will come a cropper. Everyone does. Would rather it be in this game than the next if it must happen at all.
  • Options
    I'll be there tomorrow 1-2 charlton just sold over 700
  • Options
    Going for a 1-1 draw, but would not be surprised if we manage to nick it 2-1
  • Options
    I'm in the posh seats too henners, ill keep an eye out for you. I guess if we score the addicks may become very clear in the posh seats!
  • Options
    I'm in the posh seats too henners, ill keep an eye out for you. I guess if we score the addicks may become very clear in the posh seats!
    I should be in a box to the far left of the Directors' Box
  • Options
    2-0 Charlton.
  • Options
    We've gone 2 nil up 8 times this season. So scoring isn't a problem, we seem to switch off as Powell mentioned.

Expect a tough game, but I rather play them now than a few weeks ago when they were scoring for fun.
  • Options
    Score draw, most likely. Im really not sure though!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

1-1 tight match with the huge travelling numbers inspiring us to a point

• Options
    I'd be happy with a draw here but I think we could nick this one. I'm going for 2-1. This was one of the 4 games I made it to last season and it was dire. Got to make up for that. :)
  • Options
    1-1 written all over it me thinks.
  • Options
    2-0 up at half time, they pull one back, go looking for the equaliser and we kill the game off by hitting them on the break. 3-1 to ussssss !
  • Options
    I see a five-goal thriller with a late Kermit winner and the travelling fans going barmy!! 3-2 addicks!
  • Options

3-0 we are getting better and better, coyr

• Options
    one of the worst performances/nights last season. It was my first day being a veggie and they had run out of jacket potatos, they only had chicken balti pies... i was devastated! hoping for much better this year in both footballing and stomach satisfactory terms!
  • Options
    2-1 to us. I'd target as one of the away one's I could go to but my mum won't let me go on a school night : (
  • Options
    0-0. A point I'd take now.
  • Options
    0-0. A point I'd take now.
    Bit optimistic there :- )