Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celebrity So Called Fans

124»

Comments

• Options
    A friend of mine was on the door at the charity fund raiser Fry was at the night before.  I have it on good authority the man drank himself into oblivion and then went on out afterwards.  If feeling like death is not a good enough reason to fall asleep/pass out I dont know what is!  Not exactly crime of the century
  • Options
    Totally agree with the OP.  Poor old Stephen, remember the days when a chap could be famous without having to pretend to have an aliegance with a ghastly sports team.  At least Man U have comfy seats and there's not too much noise so you can have a nice nap.  I've nothing against people saying they don't like football.  The other day I was at a party and had to listen to a bunch of pricks giving me their opinion about - yeah - the Premier League - yeah - 20 years ago, they'd have been allowed to just say they have no interest and we could all move on.  I find that half of the people I speak to in the ground at league one games don't have what I'd describe as a proper interest in football so I reserve my right to fume that the BBC/Sky feel the need to falsh to freeloading celebs wanking around in the crowd.

At last!

I was told this site was for real football fans but I was begining to lose faith!

So anyone who disagrees with you is not a real football fan then Clive? Bit harsh...  

Intellignet assumption.

On this subject though - Yes.

• Options
    Nick Hornby's a pwoper fan, he has an over-riding sense of ennui when faced with the modern game and premiership football.  I believe he's rather more interested in other sports where there's more of a competitive system to give most clubs a chance.  Football is for losers.
  • Options

Does anyone know if Dave Berry lives in the Woolwich Arsenal complex/flats? could have sworn I saw him crossing over at the lights by Woolwich Market last week.

• Options
    He lives in Blackheath, my brother cleans his windows.
  • Options
    Could have been drinking in the Dial Arch at the Arsenal.
  • Options
    or maybe he is a fan of the royal artillery and just spent an afternoon exploring FirePower... 
  • Options

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/CanaryChat/0,,10355~2051426,00.html

Darren
    Why don't you sell the Club and let
    someone who actually really supports the Club take over rather than
    someone from Suffolk who was pictured in 1978 wearing an Ipswich scarf
    at a cup final at Wembley?

Delia Smith
    Hi Darren, yawn yawn! We've said it
    before but let's just trot it out one more time I was NOT at Wembley! I
    was working for Multi-coloured Swap Shop and the joke was my rosette and
    hat were turned round to reveal the Norwich colours amidst very loud
    booing as we were filming in Christchurch Park, Ipswich. 

Slow day!

• Options
    DA9DA9
    edited October 2011

Could have been drinking in the Dial Arch at the Arsenal.

Early start then, it was about 09:00am

• Options
    He lives in Blackheath, my brother cleans his windows.
    Is that a contractual arrangement or does he just have an unhealthy interest?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/CanaryChat/0,,10355~2051426,00.html

Darren
    Why don't you sell the Club and let someone who actually really supports the Club take over rather than someone from Suffolk who was pictured in 1978 wearing an Ipswich scarf at a cup final at Wembley?

Delia Smith
    Hi Darren, yawn yawn! We've said it before but let's just trot it out one more time I was NOT at Wembley! I was working for Multi-coloured Swap Shop and the joke was my rosette and hat were turned round to reveal the Norwich colours amidst very loud booing as we were filming in Christchurch Park, Ipswich. 

Slow day!

I want to know what pub by the Thames she was in after the Charlton game she mentions

• Options
    The Anchor in Hope?
  • Options
    The Anchor in Hope?
    no way, was there that day myself and she would have run a mile.. just says the thames could maybe have been the cutty sark or the trafalgar at a push more likely some posh gaff further up fulham/ richmond way
  • Options

Stephen Fry has written the script for the Dambusters remake. Looking forward to that.

Has it been released yet?
  • Options
    ColinTat said:

Nick Hornby's a pwoper fan, he has an over-riding sense of ennui when faced with the modern game and premiership football.  I believe he's rather more interested in other sports where there's more of a competitive system to give most clubs a chance.  Football is for losers.

I thought he was into trains?