Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hartlepool 0 - 4 Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Preston haven't won in 6 League 1 games.
    5 have been losses. BIG time to play them! 

Because Neil Mellor and Ian Hume (Their 2 best players) have both been out through injury.

Unfortunately, I think they are both likely to be back next week.

Fantastic Result Today Though!

• Options
    jasoneuell Real jason_ euell 
    The Charlton Army goes marching on. Great Win, Great performance and Great support from the travelling Addicks. 3/3 this week+10 goals.#COYR
  • Options
    Bookies still have Hudds as favourite for the title / promo. 
    good. ignore us and we'll quietly do the business,
  • Options

I really want to enjoy this, but I have been Charltonised over the last few seasons and can't get rid of the nagging doubt that it is all going to go tits up at somepoint.

7-1-1 is a superb away record.

Really hope we can follow it up with a result against Preston. Sounds like it could be a good time to play them.

Yep! That has been made worse than ever in the last few seasons.

Great result - again.
  • Options

A decent gap is opening up between second and third place and also to seventh spot.

• Options
    What a response to Stevenage.... fair play to the 353 people who travelled. COYR great away win!
  • Options
    4 nil at home is a good result against any team whatever division you are in.

4 Nil away says your team are much better and a class above the rest.

A great Saturday. A 4-0 win an exra hour in bed. Now where did i put that  lottery ticket.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

I know we spent in the summer like John Prescott in a Gregg's closing down sale but credit must be given to CP for getting a team of strangers performing so well. Weve had money and (arguably) the best players on paper in previous seasons but what we seem to have is not only a team but a squad more than capable of succeeding in this league who are playing with a self- belief not evident in SE7 for donkey's years.

Great to see the team spirit and "high profile" players like BWP just mucking in and doing their bit for the good of the team and great seeing home grown talent like Wagstaff and Solly (my biggest surprise so far) all chipping in and giving the manager a welcome selection headache.

Well done to CP, the players and the supporters who made their way up their today. Superb result. Huddersfield looks a massive game and will be good to meet them at home when we are in such a rich vein of form.

Onwards and upwards.

• Options
    Hartlepool 0 - 4 Charlton - Post Match Views

WHOOP WHOOP!!!!!!!!
  • Options

These are the 'grim up north games':

Sheffield United

Sheffield Wednesday

Carlisle

Rochdale

Bury

Tranmere

Oldham

Huddersfield

Scunthorpe

Hartlepool

Chesterfield

Preston

Twelve of them, and if we were to get twelve away draws 'oop north' aka twelve points, then we will have done very well this season, especially if we win our home matches.

Well we already have those twelve points, and from now on anything we get from the remaining eight 'grim' games are there to make up for any home slip ups.

We have won at Colchester, Wycombe and Notts County to more than balance out losing at Stevenage, and drawing at MKD.

Indeed, on the basis of winning all your home matches, and drawing all your away games (23 away points) we now have 22 such points, one more away point will mean we reach our away target. Any more away points we can get after the remaining one point we need will compensate for any home games we fail to win.

To be facing  fourteen more away games 'needing' one more point, and trying to get more than that to make up for any home slip ups (six home points dropped so far this season), to be in this position before the clocks go back is a stunning achievement.

Because we have played two more away games than home games I calculate we have built up a seven point cushion against simply being top two contenders rather than Champions.

We must get the points in now while we're in such good form to build some protection for when things get difficult. We must win against PNE next Saturday to get revenge for the cup game, and to capitalise on the hard work of the past week.

The start we have made with 30 games left is awesome.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just home

A great team performance, all four goals were from good flowing approach play and clinical finishing, in the last 10 mins the others kept giving the ball to WP in hope the would get his hat-trick. Taylor & Morrison were strong in defence with Wigins/JJ combining well on the left and in 2nd half Green having more of the ball on the right. Hamer flapped a bit but made one important save, Hughes filled in well but his passing was a bit lax, as I said a great team performance and good away support.

Right where's that wine bottle
  • Options
    So want to smash Hudders now.
  • Options
    said to a mate 6 weeks ago (both of us thought " we have done well but cant keep it up")  that we should wee where we were at the end of October.
    I'm excited too, but that's going too far.
  • Options
    Just watched the goals on SkySports, BWP is becoming very mendoncaesque
  • Options
    Just seen them too, BWPs were, I agree, extremely mendoncaesque like Kap10 just suggested! Hollands cracking header at far post, and Wagstaffs was great work between him and Hayesy! Happy Days!!
  • Options
    Nice to see headphones Norm on Sky celebrating the 3rd.
  • Options
    Bradley Wright-Mendonca
  • Options
    Nice to see headphones Norm on Sky celebrating the 3rd.
    Good lad - can't wait to see that later. Proper Charlton that fella.
  • Options
    I don't think we played too well, but very clinical in front of goal, Ashame bwp never got his hatrick. And good to see Robbie Elliot sitting amongst the fans singing along to the songs!
  • Options
    DON'T FORGET The clocks go back one hour tonight or 2am tomorrow to be precise.

I have got it wrong again the clocks went back years today at about 4.55 this afternoon when Charlton scored 4 goals away from home.

We adjust the clocks for daylight hours and after today's result there has to be daylight at the end of this Division One tunnel.

Onwards and upwards COYA and COYR

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2011

that was a monster result but we can't shake off them northerners huddrs and wed

classy finishes from BWP and two assists for wiggy and a nice assist for hayes and finish by waggy

was that Norm in a grey body warmer , legend

the team are just unbelievable atm and deserve a lot more than 353 fans up there , when it was a new ground we had 505 two years ago up there

35% autos 65% play off carnage

SCP to be knighted

and for NSS lets not forget ONE AIM

• Options

that was a monster result but we can't shake off them northerners huddrs and wed

True, but look at it from their perspective. They both win, get back into the changing room and find out that we've won 4-0 away from home and so they're no closer to us.

That must be pretty disheartening for them. And long may it continue!

• Options
    Also if you have a look at the Huddersfield forums they think Clark might be on his way to Leicester.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

We were told by fans of certain other clubs that these last 2 games would be very significant - all 3 of us were away from home against some tricky sides.

Well, actions speak louder than words................for the record the points totals are as follows:

CAFC   -  6

Hudds  -  4

Sheff W  - 3

• Options
    Yes, you keep winning and you'll pull away.
  • Options
    Just got home and saw the result. FANTASTIC!!!!

Was expecting no more than a draw if I'm honest.

Why do people keep saying 3 games in a week? (even Powell said it in his post-match interview)

you can't have 2 saturdays in a week.
  • Options
    Just got home and saw the result. FANTASTIC!!!!

Was expecting no more than a draw if I'm honest.

Why do people keep saying 3 games in a week? (even Powell said it in his post-match interview)

you can't have 2 saturdays in a week.
    Where could you have been all day and to not have had access to the score??  Hope it was important!

• Options

Obviously a Beatles fan.
  • Options
    Sorry - that was a bit obscure.

''Eight Days A Week'' ?

OK, I'll get my coat....
  • Options
    I got it. Didn't think it was funny, but I got it.