Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hartlepool 0 - 4 Charlton - Post Match Views

124»

Comments

• edited October 2011
    rhoys wiggins is becoming a key key player. reminds me of a former palace kid who came here and made his name with us..

Er who ?
    Hmm I wonder I'll give you a clue.

After his final goal for us where he was playing an unfamiliar forward role, he was hoisted onto two players shoulders before thrusting a celebratory fist in the air.

• rhoys wiggins is becoming a key key player. reminds me of a former palace kid who came here and made his name with us..

Er who ?
    Hmm I wonder I'll give you a clue.

After his final goal for us where he was playing an unfamiliar forward role, he was hoisted onto two players shoulders before thrusting a celebratory fist in the air.

lol I was thinking of a player who joined us from that lot
  • Back today from Harrogate/Hartlepool and a great weekend !

On Friday, I cheekily asked at the Box Office whether there had been any returns for the " Question of Sport" show that night at the Conference Centre and snapped up two ! This had been a sell out since earlier in the year so our luck was truly in. Good show with Dawson & Tuffers, Michael Vaughan, Ryan Sidebottom, Dion Dublin, Ed Clancy and of course the luverly Sue Barker. A win for Dawson but Tuffers was my MOTM....A real showman indeed.

So, on the back of that piece of fortune , it was a further 75 mins drive to the match. And there, the luck wasn't required . For me, we totally outplayed the home side and as SCP stated, it was a triumph for the hard work shown by the whole squad. There's definitely no "i" in THIS "team" .

Now looking forward to seeing Phil Brown's perma tan drain away from his face when the Super Reds put his lads to the sword next Saturday.

One aim !!!!

•  

There's definitely no "i" in THIS "team" .

•  

There's definitely no "i" in THIS "team" .

OK, OK, CAFCsayer.

It was a loooong drive home......

• Didn't go but fair play to all those that did and were rewarded with a performance to be proud of. Three wins in a week, ten scored and one conceded says it all. Long way to go yet but good t the moment. Fantastic response to the defeat at Stevenage.
  • Must not forget Dyer the coach who does a lot of work unnoticed,between them they've got us ticking over nicely.
  • Must not forget Dyer the coach who does a lot of work unnoticed,between them they've got us ticking over nicely.

oh i thought he was the reason for our demise last season

• Of course I am excited like everybody about the start we have made, surely this must be the best start ever for the Club. Strangely this sort of success will bring new problems to face. Everybody will now come to the Valley and park their Coach in front of the goal, and we need to forget any thoughts of The Championship. We need , at New Year, to treat the second half of the Season as a new competition that we must win.

When Huddersfield arrive, we need to remember their tendency as shown last Saturday to keep the game tight and pinch a goal at the end. I would like to see Clark get the Leicester job, and promptly buy Jordan Rhodes, I'm happy to win any way I can !

• They will have to rememebr our tendancy to beat teams who try to play football as they surely will.
  • Sponsored links:

• We won again! Looked like a great all round performance.

COYR!!!
  • Late to this as just back at a computer...was my one away game of the season and was thoroughly enjoyable...great ground, great pies and a great result...

For me, we did what I have been hearing we do when away from home, soak up the pressure and then hit them on the break...  We didn't really play our passing game, instead we let them play but there was just no way through - we broke them down, looked for the quick ball forward and they couldn't cope with it.  To 'Pools credit, they did try to play the game - lots of nice diagonal balls to the front two and out to their left wing, but each time, the defence held firm..  I only remember one shot on target from them (Hamer's 'showboat save') and never really felt that they were going to get through...our two centre backs were excellent in particular..literally throwing themselves into and in front of everything.

For our part, I only remember one chance other than the 4 goals, when Kermo had a powerful header which went wide from a pin point Green cross...you really did expect us to score everytime we went near their area...

Anyway, great day made all the better by the fact that I was back at the in-laws by 6.30pm...

• Anyway, great day made all the better by the fact that I was back at the in-laws by 6.30pm...
    blimey you must like them, I would have stayed out a while longer ;-)

• Anyway, great day made all the better by the fact that I was back at the in-laws by 6.30pm...
    blimey you must like them, I would have stayed out a while longer ;-)
    lol
  • Of course I am excited like everybody about the start we have made, surely this must be the best start ever for the Club. Strangely this sort of success will bring new problems to face. Everybody will now come to the Valley and park their Coach in front of the goal, and we need to forget any thoughts of The Championship. We need , at New Year, to treat the second half of the Season as a new competition that we must win.

When Huddersfield arrive, we need to remember their tendency as shown last Saturday to keep the game tight and pinch a goal at the end. I would like to see Clark get the Leicester job, and promptly buy Jordan Rhodes, I'm happy to win any way I can !

New challenges, not new problems. Teams parking the bus will be a poblem and it's been apparent already in some matches, but our closest rivals will suffer the same problem and as the season wears on there'll be teams who'll need the points and might regard playing us as a cup tie against a higher division team i.e. we expect to lose so we'll just go out and play and see what happens.

There were plenty of people after the Stevenage game bemoaning the lack of a plan B, what they don't realise is that teams need to evolve their tactics through the season, as this side matures the players will get to know each other's games and develop a strategy for breaking down stubborn defensively minded opponents.