Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hartlepool 0 - 4 Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    I got it. Didn't think it was funny, but I got it.
    Oh get back in the USSR you nowhere man! ;-)
  • Options
    Let it be.
  • Options
    These threads can so easily go off on a long and winding road when it's been a hard day's night.
  • Options
    Tell Me Why
  • Options
    Its A Day In the Life of a Addick fan
  • Options
    I think we should stop clogging now.

(And no, don't bother looking - that ISN'T some obscure Beatles reference!)
  • Options
    Fair enough - It's all over now (shit, that was the stones!).
  • Options
    This could be the last time...now get off of my cloud!
  • Options
    I Don't Want To Spoil The Party so I'll Wait until Clarke say's I'm A Loser then I'm Happy Just To Dance With You
  • Options
    Yes, you keep winning and you'll pull away.
    Well that's a great way to celebrate, if your stuck in doors.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just got home and saw the result. FANTASTIC!!!!

Was expecting no more than a draw if I'm honest.

Why do people keep saying 3 games in a week? (even Powell said it in his post-match interview)

you can't have 2 saturdays in a week.
    Where could you have been all day and to not have had access to the score??  Hope it was important!

He might have been out..........without a mobile..........SHOCK, HORROR
  • Options
    Hartlepool view:

well beaten by a very good side who stepped up a
    gear at 2-0 to put the game to bed and gave us a lesson in taking
    chances, keeping the ball and closing the game out. our players and
    staff should watch the dvd over and over again, as charlton are a good
    model to aspire to. skilful when given the chance but also physical
    when it was called for.

Wholeheartedly agree with this view, only got down to see the Addicks half a dozen times last year, but the amount of times Semedo and Racon got caught in possession when trying to pose was ridiculous - today they matched up to physical challenge and just had that extra touch of quality in front of goal and defence looks pretty solid. Now seen wins over Chesterfield and Hartlepool and stand out for me in both games has been Wiggins

• Options
    There's no doubt that Wiggins is starting to become an integral part of this side. Nice to see Hayes and Waggy link up for the fourth, showing they're still sharp and ready.
  • Options
    If this continuies, I'm going to have to start going again........ Bloody NH season just started properly too.Groan!
  • Options
    rhoys wiggins is becoming a key key player. reminds me of a former palace kid who came here and made his name with us..
  • Options
    For those who went, how did Andy Hughes play? In the 3 games he's started we've scored 10 goals
  • Options
    For those who went, how did Andy Hughes play? In the 3 games he's started we've scored 10 goals
    And only conceeded 1...
  • Options
    Andy Hughes filled the midfield defence hole very well allowing Hollands to get forward, however at times his passing let him down and enabled Hartlepools to set up an attack with our defence out of position. Luckily 'Pools did not know where the goal was, but against a better team it could have lead to a goal.
  • Options
    Just seen the goals this mroning on last nights footie league show (recorded it)....BWP took both of his very well, the second espcially. Whilst doing the match thread what came through to me was how well we were defending, with both BWP and Kermit coming back to help out. We sounded strong in the tackle, strong in defence, creative down the flanks (Wiggy was involved a lot here), and we pushed their defence all the way. The team are palying as a unit, everyone involved seems 'up for it' - no-one is hiding and they are wanting the ball, what a difference this makes to any team. BWP is scoring for fun, and whether he is playing with Kermit ot Hayesey, the undersatnding between them is now beginning to flourish. There will be times when we are put under the 'cosh', but with a team squad that has confidence in each others ability - no matter what changes may be made (injuries, suspensions etc) - we are going to be difficult to beat.
    We are only a third of the way through so far, but signs are there that we could be on the verge of something special, lets just hope that the hard work and team ethic continues, because that is where this success will lie!
    Scoring 10 and conceeding just 1 in 3 games(2 of which were away) is an amazing reposte to our defeat at Stevenage, if we can continue in this form then, just perhaps, by Christmas we can start to really believe that League One is going to be left behind!!
  • Options
    Wasn't there and made the mistake of blinking during The Football League Show.

An away win is always good and we are now two wins above third place!

Early days still but well played and COYR!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You're right About BWP there was one point in the first half when one of our players did a great tackle near our goal line, I then realised it was BWP, as I said last night it really was a team performance, MoM was CAFC
  • Options
     Whilst doing the match thread what came through to me was how well we were defending, with both BWP and Kermit coming back to help out. We sounded strong in the tackle, strong in defence, creative down the flanks (Wiggy was involved a lot here), and we pushed their defence all the way. The team are palying as a unit, everyone involved seems 'up for it' - no-one is hiding and they are wanting the ball, what a difference this makes to any team. 
    The commentators likened our defence to a brick wall.  Never a bad thing - unless someone is running around it, but I don't think that's what they meant ;-) 

From the highlights, all of the goals were well taken.  BWP looks so composed in front of goal it's hard to believe that he's playing at this level.  But the really pleasing thing for me was the support play leading up to those goals.  The vision of Wiggins and Hayes was superb and the accuracy of Jackson's cross spot on.  Sounds like it was a very good all round team performance.  Well done all.
  • Options
    Andy Hughes filled the midfield defence hole very well allowing Hollands to get forward, however at times his passing let him down and enabled Hartlepools to set up an attack with our defence out of position. Luckily 'Pools did not know where the goal was, but against a better team it could have lead to a goal.
    Or it might not have done. In this division possession is given away all the time - rarely leads to a goal.
  • Options
     Whilst doing the match thread what came through to me was how well we were defending, with both BWP and Kermit coming back to help out. We sounded strong in the tackle, strong in defence, creative down the flanks (Wiggy was involved a lot here), and we pushed their defence all the way. The team are palying as a unit, everyone involved seems 'up for it' - no-one is hiding and they are wanting the ball, what a difference this makes to any team. 
    The commentators likened our defence to a brick wall.  Never a bad thing - unless someone is running around it, but I don't think that's what they meant ;-) 

From the highlights, all of the goals were well taken.  BWP looks so composed in front of goal it's hard to believe that he's playing at this level.  But the really pleasing thing for me was the support play leading up to those goals.  The vision of Wiggins and Hayes was superb and the accuracy of Jackson's cross spot on.  Sounds like it was a very good all round team performance.  Well done all.
    Wiggins crossed for the first two. Jackson took the free kick for the third. Wiggins play for the first two was outstanding. For the 2nd he played the ball, ran forward & pointed out where he wanted it. He got it & put in a great cross. Brilliant.
  • Options

No secret we have been keeping clean sheets since Andy Hughes has been in the sideSorry to see the demise of Dale Stevens thought at the start he would be our chief playmaker but alas what has happened to him.Not sure if Ben Hamer is better than John Sullivan either still enjoy it while we can.

• Options

No secret we have been keeping clean sheets since Andy Hughes has been in the sideSorry to see the demise of Dale Stevens thought at the start he would be our chief playmaker but alas what has happened to him.Not sure if Ben Hamer is better than John Sullivan either still enjoy it while we can.

Blimey - you on happy pills? 

We are top of the league won last three lost only 1, scored 10 in three and we still wanna dig out players, why not praise the team.  Sure Sullivan would have kept out Stevenages goal too,
  • Options
    Demise is a strange word to describe giving birth
  • Options
    Demise is a strange word to describe giving birth

I would have said incredible !
  • Options
    rhoys wiggins is becoming a key key player. reminds me of a former palace kid who came here and made his name with us..

Er who ?
  • Options
    erm  ,  toughy this one, let me think....