Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parker - Spurtz

13»

Comments

• Options

A lot of people commented that Spurs had a quiet window  but in some ways I think they had the best impact in my opinion the signings of Adebayor , Freidal and Parker I think make them genuine contenders for a top four slot.

Harry also seems to be getting through the Europa league comfortably with his promising youngsters. Good times at WHL.

Excellent point.

And we added those three first choice players for a total of just £5 million - peanuts by today's standards!

• Options
    On Parker being overlooked, England did have Hargreaves until the last few years who did a similar job.
  • Options

A lot of people commented that Spurs had a quiet window  but in some ways I think they had the best impact in my opinion the signings of Adebayor , Freidal and Parker I think make them genuine contenders for a top four slot.

Harry also seems to be getting through the Europa league comfortably with his promising youngsters. Good times at WHL.

Excellent point.

And we added those three first choice players for a total of just £5 million - peanuts by today's standards!

Not only that but there seems to be no hangover from the Modric saga.
  • Options
    Parker is, and always has been, a fantastic player. He made a big mistake going to warm Chelski's bench and I think if he had his time again he'd make a different decision. He'd still have made it to a top team but as a first choice player, not a bench warmer. Plus he wouldn't have needed to shaft us to get there. Patience is a virtue but how many of us would have made a different decision at that age with the sort of money that was being thrown around by Chelsea? 
  • Options
    Top seven I think Tottenham will finish.The two Manchester clubs,Chelsea and Arsenal top four.
    Well Spurs are now equal on points in third place with Chelsea and
    Newcastle and we've got a game in hand over our West London neighbours,
    who have lost their last two Premier League matches.

Looking at
    the fixtures before we meet Chelsea at White Hart Lane on 22nd December
    shows six games which should all be winnable..

Fulham 05-11-11 A
    Aston Villa 19-11-11 H
    West Bromwich Albion A
    Bolton Wanderers 03-12-11 H
    Stoke City 11-12-11 A
    Sunderland 18-12-11 H

...but of course we're bound to drop some points in that lot.

Meanwhile,
    Spurs have equalled their best Premier League points haul after the
    opening 9 matches of a season and anything we get from Fulham next
    Sunday will set a new club record.

We've got almost all our key
    players back from injury and Rafael van der Vaart has just become our
    most lethal goalscorer during the Premier League Era with 19 goals from
    36 appearances for a strike-rate of a goal for every 1.89 games played
    (Jurgen Klinsmann had 1.93).

Scott Parker, Man of the Match yesterday, has been absolutely fantastic since signing with us and has been a key part in our current 11-match unbeaten run.

There are many who feel that Spurs are not only good enough for fourth but that third place is certainly within our grasp.

Excellent point.

Not only that but there seems to be no hangover from the Modric saga.
    I dont know how but Modric seems to have been playing with a smile on his face since the window closed.  No doubt the sooner we get to the January window the speculation will start again.
  • Options
    Rafael van der Vaart has just become our
    most lethal goalscorer during the Premier League Era with 19 goals from
    36 appearances for a strike-rate of a goal for every 1.89 games played
    (Jurgen Klinsmann had 1.93).
    I think Darren Bent has a better rate than that since leaving Spurs.
    (maybe he would've at Spurs if he'd started regularly rather than being on the bench so often, but Spurs fans and Redknapp didn't rate him)
  • Options

I think Darren Bent has a better rate than that since leaving Spurs.
    for sure after a brace today