Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cardigan Advice

Comments

• Options
    Yeah I know very, very steep. And as I work in security I cant even condone nicking them. They will last though. Assuming you don't get rotten and fall through your neighbours hedge with it on like I did with me last one. Shame. I loved that top.
    My friend did something similar. Went out and bought a white Fred Perry shirt, went straight to the pub and covered it in Strongbow and black then fell asleep in a hedge on the way home. 
    Couple of washes and it was fine. Thats craftsmanship. 
  • Options
    Remember as a 10yr old my mum shrank one of my old man's cardigans in the wash, perfectly down to my size*. I looked the proper business.

*Plaaayer, Adam, NSS and all the other sarky monkeys, fill ya boots

Did you also use it on your action man?
  • Options
    I must confess that I have had Cardigans over the years, but now they are serving a very good money saving purpose. When you think ' I need to put the heating on ', substitute cardigan for heating. It works for me.
  • Options
    Ha ha granpa. That's what my dad does. Shirt, jumper then big ol cardyy. Must take him ages to get ready.
  • Options
    'ello everybody. After being registered on this site for nearly two years this is my first ever post (post - is that what you call it? I am getting on a bit and this is all new to me). Probably says a lot about me that the first thing thats got me going is cardigans and not football. Anyway my fashion tip to to you all - and looking round at games a bit of decent dress sense wouldn't go amiss - go for a bit of John Smedley. A bit pricey but British and proper quality. Would still wear them meself but nowadays am bit of a fat **** and need clobber for the fuller figure. But if any of you need advice in how to strut around in proper South-east london style then I'm always here for you. And Gok Wan I aint. 
    Cheers Boat, do people really pay those prices?

Ever seen Harry Enfield's "I saw you coming" character...

Marks and Spencer - THE place for a nice cardie.

• Options
    I can't believe it, 36 posts on knitware and not a single comment from Henry, something must be wrong?
  • Options
    One of the few threads that Henry hasn't commented on yet. Strange   :-)
  • Options
    Henry is knitting one as we speak...........

• Options

M&S had a great deal last week with money off knitwear.

• Options
    So that's agreed then. We need a hell of a lot more knitware threads.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cardigans are the mans best winter friend (apart from Bovril). I might be modeling some of my winter collection in the Lib on Saturday.
  • Options
    Preston at home 5th Nov.. Cardigan Day!!!!! come on all lifers don your cardigans... I will wear mine... come on lads and lases..

• Options
    Dont gett a zipthrough, they look ridiculous... expensive, but allsaints is always good and cashmere is the way forward
  • Options

Why does anyone who wears a cardigan always look so coolimage

• Options
    Agree with others, zip cardigans are a no no.
  • Options

Tip for you all.............go to the charity shop capital of the world......Beckenham.

There, I've no doubt, you'll find all the cardigans that money can buy!

• Options
    edited November 2011

By the way...if any of you (Henry we already know about of course) out there has an obsession or underlying fixation re 'cardy's' fear not, there is help available.

Simply call Cardigan & West Wales Counselling & Psychology Services on 01293-615717.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    I'm loving the national cardy day idea! can't believe how much choice there is of cardies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    haven't read all this so i may have missed it but how has the word 'Gabicci' not come up. Pair of dog tooth farrahs and a Gabicci (with ironmongery and suede) from James Terry in Eltham, basket weave shoes fromn Carducci in Lewisham, a roll neck and a deerstalker hat - didn't get any better than that.
  • Options
    'ello everybody. After being registered on this site for nearly two years this is my first ever post (post - is that what you call it? I am getting on a bit and this is all new to me). Probably says a lot about me that the first thing thats got me going is cardigans and not football. Anyway my fashion tip to to you all - and looking round at games a bit of decent dress sense wouldn't go amiss - go for a bit of John Smedley. A bit pricey but British and proper quality. Would still wear them meself but nowadays am bit of a fat **** and need clobber for the fuller figure. But if any of you need advice in how to strut around in proper South-east london style then I'm always here for you. And Gok Wan I aint. 

Good call on the Smedleys, my friend. I have three at the moment. But, as you say, full price you're looking about £120 each. They do Smedleys in XL  and XXL, though.
  • Options
    I like smedley peas
  • Options
    It is most important to ensure that the cardigan is not too 'bulky'. There's nothing worse than standing at the end of Platofm 14 at Clapham Junction with  your spotter's book and pencil and finding that your duffel coat or anorak won't do up properly because you've put a heavy cable knit on.  A matching bobble hat can help protect you from the elements for, as may of us know, the wind fairly whips around the Junction and London bridge. 
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    But you can guarantee he's been peeking everytime a new post goes up. Probably killing him to now participate. ;-)
  • Options
    But you can guarantee he's been peeking everytime a new post goes up. Probably killing him to now participate. ;-)
    This
  • Options
    Bet you can guarantee he's been peeking everytime a new post goes up. Probably killing him to now participate. ;-)
    I heard he "peeked" a long time ago :-)
  • Options

I bought a new cardi yesterday. Smoke grey draped cardigan in cotton type material

PS I am a woman

• Options

I bought a new cardi yesterday. Smoke grey draped cardigan in cotton type material

PS I am a woman

That's alright then.
  • Options
    As its currently taken a Autumnal nippy turn at the moment , got me thinking about cardie ware today , definately in the market for some new clobber this Autumn , as currently 'resizing' (Losing weight) whats going to be making its way back into your wardrobe in the cardigan stakes this Autumn / Winter?