Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eagles Express

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
Not sure if this has been posted? If it has then sink.

What do people think of this? 

And after they mocked us for doing this. Bit cheeky taking fans from Kent.

Comments

• Options

lol superb ... take the piss out of us then think, mmm not a bad idea and try it out themselves

oh well, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

• Options
    Canterbury and Maidstone? Seem like strange choices to start. Gillingham will be well pissed:-)
  • Options
    Are you referring to the glaziers?

As my mate Sh#tface will confirm, you can't change your own nickname.
  • Options
    Oh.................... the irony is stupifying!
  • Options

Give it a month........

• Options
    Millwall have a coach service too - run by G4 it stops outside Pentonville, Wormwood Scrubs and Ford Open prison.
  • Options
    You forgot the Broadmoor Lions
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Best quote I have seen for a while BFR.

• Options
    LOL BFR!

Stick to Surrey you horrible stripey bumbags....living in Kent and supporting the Croydon horrors is just wrong....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    £42 for Old Trafford!!!!!!
  • Options
    Perhaps they will use the same coaches Mr Scally promised to run from SE London. Never met a Palace fan in East Kent myself.
  • Options
    Perhaps they will use the same coaches Mr Scally promised to run from SE London. Never met a Palace fan in East Kent myself.
    What Spanner Scally in bullshit comment scandal?

Can't imagine there are many Nigel's in East Kent - Oh except my cousin Nigel who is an Addick.....;-)
  • Options
    Just shows how far ahead of us Palace are.

They are actively encouraging fans to come to games by providing cheap, direct transport to home matches. 

They are a forward thinking fan focused club coming up with new ideas to take them forward.

Why, oh, why didn't Charlton think of this years ago when we came back to the Valley?
  • Options
    Millwall have a coach service too - run by G4 it stops outside Pentonville, Wormwood Scrubs and Ford Open prison.
    Not bad that one.
  • Options
    Just had a look on a Palace Forum. Very funny how they are trying to convince themselves that what they are doing is nothing like what we did. We 'whored ourselves out', in other teams catchment areas, at a loss and targeted other teams fans. They (who of course haven't been advertising in Greenwich, Charlton etc) are only doing it to pick up any fans who now live too far away. We, of course don't / didn't have thousands of those all over Kent who had gradually drifted away due to years of under achievement. Others on there are a bit more honest and recognise that nobody forces or brainwashes you onto a bus. A great read. Very entertaining.
  • Options
    The whole idea is very comical, the stick I have had off Nigels over our coaches in recent years, the whole Palace thing is deseprate, the mock euro ultra thing they have going on is an embarrasment as well, long live saying goodbye to his horse and the like, I dread the upper north singing any more of those euro pop things. Enough rambling about them, the coaches from Kent wont work, there is minimal support for Palace in those areas and ours is growing again thats quite obvious from our gates and optimism, cant blame them for trying but not a chance of it working
  • Options
    They are an utter joke of a club. How can they not see they're doing exactly the same thing?!
  • Options
    They'll always live in our shadow. The fact that they pretty much copied the name shows they have no imagination what so ever. We're better as a business and a football team.
  • Options
    bunch of sideshow bobs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perhaps a question for another thread, but why "Eagles"??? I doubt there's a single Eagle any where near that shitehole, captive or otherwise. Two-bob club, two-bob support... Two-bob Express.
  • Options

They couldn't even stretch to think of another word to use instead of Express!

Maybe that was what Jordan did wrong there, he didn't copy us enough!

• Options
    Perhaps a question for another thread, but why "Eagles"??? I doubt there's a single Eagle any where near that shitehole, captive or otherwise. Two-bob club, two-bob support... Two-bob Express.
    Nickname stolen from Benfica just as "their" colours were stolen from Barcalona.

Glaziers and Claret and Blue until they decided to "re-invent" themselves.
  • Options
    Shows how thick they are that it's taken em until now to do it.
  • Options

Any Nigels living near me would be chased out with pitchforks and bonfires.

I did something very unprofessional a few years back, whilst working for a vehicle hire company (now work in Electrical Wholesale) young lad walks in with a celtic shirt on, I jokingly tell him I cant serve him due to his shirt (I meant it deep down) he then laughs and tells me he only wears it as he won it in his local pub charity raffle, and does not really support them, he then tells me that he is a palarse fan, my colleague then kindly steps in and deals with him as he can see the steam coming from my ears. I actually thought it was a set up for a while.

• Options
    Are we sure that this is not a copy of the tactics used by the Navy hundreds of years ago to grab crews for their boats ?
  • Options
    Nickname stolen from Benfica just as "their" colours were stolen from Barcalona.

Glaziers and Claret and Blue until they decided to "re-invent" themselves.

There was an article about the Palarse / Brighton 'rivalry' in The Guardian the other week, obviously written by a nigel, in which the writer suggested that 'Seagulls' was an inappropriate nickname for Brighton and that Brighton chose it because it sounds a bit like 'eagles'. 

Actually, I can see his point - seagulls have no association whatsoever with seaside towns such as Brighton, whereas eagles are common in Crystal Palace Park, Thornton Heath and the like. Oh and Palace really were the team of the 80s etc

Such a shamelessly deluded club.

• Options
    My lad is six and he said, "Daddy Crystal Palace are like a rubbbish Barcelona" it made me quite proud!
  • Options
    My lad is six and he said, "Daddy Crystal Palace are like a rubbbish Barcelona" it made me quite proud!
    As the Chinese proverb says - "Children's mouths speak the truth" !
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=116627

You've gotta laugh. Valley Express was (presumably is?) only about nicking other clubs' fans, but their proposed coach service is OK because it's only about getting existing Palace fans to matches.