Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eagles Express

Comments

• Options
    Link

Special bunch!
  • Options
    edited November 2011

should be enough room to get them all in...
  • Options
    Quite funny reading them trying to justify it
  • Options
    They should have called it The Deadwood Coach, bearing in mind it's association with Cowboys !
  • Options
    Just when I'd nearly forgot about this nothing club and their fans they pop and make themselves look like fools again...
  • Options
    Yes, it's, ahem, completely different to when we did it.  Yes, of course it is fellas.

We actually had some fans in our coaches, for a start!

Adam, I think that is a bit ambitious.  I'm sure all the Kent Palace fans could squeeze into a Vauxhall Corsa!
  • Options
    i thought that, but then you have to take in to account all the care assistants...
  • Options
    Well, 2 Vauxhall Corsas then!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    As long as they can get a good lick of the windows there'll be happy. Apparently the buses they plan to use have a range of flavoured glass, hence why they were once known as the Glaziers. 
  • Options
    Hate Palace. They won't attract many new fans with this idea. Why would you travel up to the Thornton Heath area of Surrey to watch Palace if you aren't a fan already. They won't attract any new fans with this. At least with Charlton we have Greenwich and the potential for a nice evening/night out after. Crystal Palace offer nothing to anyone. A complete joke of a club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Handy if you fancy a bit of post match looting though.
  • Options
    Just seen the coach making it's way into kent....................
  • Options
    what happened to son of selhurst and budgie?
  • Options
    There's only so long a 2nd tier club fan can pretend they have any interest in what's happening at a 3rd tier club
  • Options
    what happened to son of selhurst and budgie?
    They remembered about Brighton.
  • Options

Fair point but then they are people who spend their time on other teams message boards... normal rules may not apply

• Options

Son of Selhurst now lives in New York and is pretty busy with his life there. I'll let him know you all miss him :-)

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Are you a nigel yourself? If so would you care to comment on these developments?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Of course he wont as it is nothing like the service they have mocked us about for years, stripey fools years behind the times as per normal

• Options
    Shame, their club has made a great gesture but I guess they don't care about coaches as they only hate Brighton or something.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having accepted they need to copy us they are now worried that they won't market it in the correct way which roughly translated means they are worried that there aren't that many lapsed palace fans out there unlike us who obviously were and are a far larger club and genuinely had thousands of ex fans and family of fans living all over kent who just needed that little bit of encouragement. The likes of Palace and West Ham were micro dots on the footballing landscape in the days when people were flocking from all over kent and south east london to be part of the vast crowds at the Valley back in the day.
  • Options
    Bird of prey, please pass on my regards to SoS when you speak to him. Used to enjoy his contributions on here.
  • Options

Bird of prey, please pass on my regards to SoS when you speak to him. Used to enjoy his contributions on here.
    And to Charlton Dan.....
  • Options
    Ditto  and tell him I want a return bet next season.
  • Options
    Of course he wont as it is nothing like the service they have mocked us about for years, stripey fools years behind the times as per normal

Ok , first up it's 'She' not 'he' ........I mean come on 'Bird of Prey' is a bit of a clue.

As for the Eagles Express, personally I would not use it as I like to travel by train or car. But the idea despite clearly not being original makes sense in the right areas. As with a lot of London clubs a large percentage of the historical fan base no longer live the near the ground and the community living near the ground is less engaged and more  transient.

So the idea in principal makes sense, but its only worth doing asa long term commitment, there is no point in trialing it then just stopping after a few attempts, it will take time and lets be honest a winning team would also help.

AFKA , I'll pass on your regards.

• Options
    Do you think that after their poster attempts in Greenwich a couple of months back, they'll run a coach from there? ;-)
  • Options

Good luck to em!

• Options
    Crikey, theres a beagle with the cheek to call himself tony montana.
    Cant they thing of ANYTHING original?
  • Options
    Crikey, theres a beagle with the cheek to call himself tony montana.
    Cant they thing of ANYTHING original?
    Tony Montana was the name Simon Jordan used to use when signing in to hotels etc.  Yes, really.