Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bromley V Charlton Kent Senior Cup 15 November 2011 - Preview, News and Views.

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
So with the JPT and League Cup history for another season only the Budweiser and this, the Portablefloodlights.com Kent Senior Cup remain if Charlton are to win a knock-out trophy.

Charlton made it a condition of re-entering this tourney that all their games would be away so off to Hayes Lane it is.   This is very much a reserve trophy from our point of view but for Bromley (beaten finalists last time out) and the other Kent sides it is a major pot to win so expect as strong as side as possible from them.

Our side is likely to be of interest to anyone wanting to see some of the younger and fringe players in the flesh.  Michael Smith and Bradley Pritchard may both  start after combining so well off the bench v Halifax.  Then again one or both maybe saved for the Brentford game.

Cousins, Azeez, Harriot could feature plus some of the "old sweats" such as Doherty and Euell.

Bromley lost 4 - 0 to a Jason Euell and Mikel Alonso inspired CAFC XI in
pre-season so anything other than an away win would come as a shock and
no doubt lead to calls for Chris Powell to be sacked!     2 - 1 to Charlton.

Algarve Addick and I will be in the upstairs bar. He's buying : - )

Comments

• Options
    Any chance Cory Gibbs Mikel Alonso will play, does he still exist?
  • Options
    Any chance Cory Gibbs Mikel Alonso will play, does he still exist?
    I've just rung the Club and asked for the team news and was asked "who the hell are you?"  : - )

It's £5 to get in BTW.
  • Options

Who's going I am as I am only 5 mins away in Hayes/West Wickham.

• Options

Who's going I am as I am only 5 mins away in Hayes/West Wickham.

Me, you and Algarve so far.
  • Options
    I'm making my way from belvedere
  • Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the KSC website has us as visiting the winner of Margate v Ramsgate in the next round should we emerge victorious at Hayes Lane tomorrow.

Full report of the two sides' last meeting in the summer: http://www.cafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2403873,00.html
  • Options
    Interesting report Liam

So team then was

Charlton: Gough (Pope 46); Francis, Mambo, Doherty,
    Evina (Fox 61); Bover Izquierdo (Harriott 55), Warren, Pritchard (Alonso
    46), Davisson (Ajayi 86); Honore (Popo 46), Euell (Azeez 79).

Wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of the same names plus Smith but minus Francis and Honore (whatever happened to him after he didn't sign him?)
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    .....and minus Gough, Evina, Pritchard, Popo (if not fit), Euell & Davisson if he is still at Welling - young team with a few old gits thrown in!!
  • Options
    I will of course be there tomorrow night
  • Options
    Can you park on hayes lane?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Normally yes.  I often use the Gym car park as easier to enter and exit and better surface and lighting than the clubs own car park.
  • Options
    Gonna head over to the press area again for a snuggle Olly? You too Henry. Always room for more. A reunion from the ressie friendly would be fun.
  • Options
    I wouldn't have it any other way Liam!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Expect an Academy presence tomorrow going by these recent Tweets:

diegopoyet7 Diego Poyet 
    Game against bromley fc tomorrow
    Dillon_Phillips Dillon Phillips 
    On the bench tomoro night vs bromley fc :)
  • Options
    Count me in
  • Options
    Normally yes.  I often use the Gym car park as easier to enter and exit and better surface and lighting than the clubs own car park.
    You sir are a gentleman. I bow a hat to you
  • Options
    You sir are a gentleman. I bow a hat to you
    Don't mention it.  See you in the upstairs bar.
  • Options
    Expect an Academy presence tomorrow going by these recent Tweets:

diegopoyet7 Diego Poyet 
    Game against bromley fc tomorrow
    Dillon_Phillips Dillon Phillips 
    On the bench tomoro night vs bromley fc :)
    worth a fiver to see Gus's boy in action.  May well join in in the seats Liam and Olly.
  • Options

it might be me(or two much beer) but anybody getting exicited about the game tomorrow with all the expected youngsters playing- the next gereation

• Options
    looking forward to it but not quite excited : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spoke to U18 centre-back Harry Lennon tonight as well. He says there'll be a lot of the Academy lads in the side tomorrow.

For those wondering how badly this dents our chances of marching on in the KSC, we did send a very youthful reserve side to Hayes Lane in the summer of 2010 and won 2-0 with late goals from Tamer Tuna and Lewis Perkins. Archived report here: http://cafc.digital-ink.co.uk/newsview.ink?matchid=4762&type=m
  • Options
    Would love to see the Academy side play there that won 9-0 last week. Mind you, Pritchard and Smith will be buzzing from their cameo's on Sunday so I fully expect them to start.
  • Options
    I'm also half-expecting experienced anchors in each line in the form of Doherty, Alonso and Benson.
  • Options
    Looks like Bover is starting according to Twitter. He also says Popo will play a part.
  • Options
    Good to hear.

With no reserve league this gives the young players a competitive match v an adult side.  Remember Bromley play at the same level as Halifax and "only" lost 3 - 0 to Orient.

Just hope I can get a team sheet so I know who's who.
  • Options
    99% of Charlton supporters don't give a squirrels nutsack about this reserve / youth team game.

The other 1% are Bromley Addicks.
  • Options
    99% of Charlton supporters don't give a squirrels nutsack about this reserve / youth team game.

The other 1% are Bromley Addicks.
    You won't want to hear how Ephraim played then?  : - )
  • Options
    Well I'm Orpington based and I like to see and support the youth side.  Great to see (hopefully) some promising players for the future.  I'll be there.
  • Options
    I forgot all about this! What time does it start?
  • Options
    I forgot all about this! What time does it start?
    7.45 KO   £5 to get in.