Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

favourite mad footballers

Comments

• Options
    Gotta be Robin Friday, utter mentalist! 
    great book about him
    I must read that, mental people like him fascinate me. 
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Robin Friday - The Greatest Footballer You Never Saw
  • Options
    Loved watching Frank Worthington. Great player. Great showman.
  • Options
    Balotelli has really grown on me recently. I think the trip out to buy an ironing board is madness gold.
  • Options
    didnt robin friday take a shit in mark lawrensons football bag?

whos the brazilian nutter that kicks chickens and got sent off all the time...was it romario??
  • Options
    Tevez is starting to climb up the nutter rankings. Somehow managing to get so lost on his way to the training ground that he ended up in Buenos Aires!
  • Options
    For nutty duos Hales and Flanagan took some beating. Amongst their repertoire, getting sent off for fighting each other, and Flanagan refusing to supply crosses for Hales !
  • Options
    has to be PDC--- fact. Shoving the ref into the next dimension and making Nigel Winterburn soil his shorts all in 10 seconds.
  • Options

Egil Olsen

Norwegian player who became Wimbledon manager in the 90s. Would wear green wellies in the style of Freddie Starr during training sessions and give loony tune interviews afterwards.

Went on to manage the IRAQI national team.

Two Frosties short of a Corn Flake.

• Options
    have to give Ian Holloway a shout for his mad interviews.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never saw him play but Robin Friday takes the biscuit.
  • Options
    Yeah Robin Friday had a turn out in Lawrenson's bag.  Lawrenson spent the game kicking Friday so Friday booted him in the face (as you do) and went into the Brighton (I think) dressing room upon receiving his marching orders and shat in the holdall
  • Options
    Roy keane, cantona, ginola, baloteli,
  • Options

Being so young and innocent I knew the name but little else about Friday so I got on the interweb and looked him up...

Blimey looks like we have a winner!

• Options
    Got to be Duncan Ferguson. The bloke is an absolute mentalist! You can just see the menace in his eyes.

Definitely slightly unhinged!
  • Options

Being so young and innocent I knew the name but little else about Friday so I got on the interweb and looked him up...

So it ain't acceptable for me to say Pat Van Den Hauwe because he gave a few cheeky elbows, but it's okay for you to say Robin Friday who kicks people in the pissing face?  HAHAhAHAHAahaHahAhahaaHahahaha!!!

Righto Bournemouth!!!

• Options
    edited November 2011
    sinisa mihajlovic was a complete fruit cake and is now managing fiorentina!!

No he isn't, thank god 

Also no mention of Maradona? Clearly no one in this thread has read El Diego
  • Options
    Was there a Bolton player, maybe Danish, All Tattoo'd up who ended up in jail?
  • Options

Has to be Kevin Keegan.

Absolute nutter.

• Options

How long until Roy Keane loses it live in the studio and who would you most like to see him lose it with? I'd love to see him give Graeme Souness a good beating live on tv although i know they are on different channels. Souness turns every analysis around to how much of a man or how hard somebody is. 'We could mix it if we had to' and all that. I think he and the likes of dowie and Wilkins should be banned from analysing football matches on the basis that they have scewed up virtually every job they've ever had in football management. Sorry, got a bit carried away... what was the thread about? I'll go for a fella who plays for the Saturday side i used to play for and watched Saturday. He's absolute quality - spends the whole game winding the opposition up - brilliant entertainment and a very good player as well.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Graeme Souness was hard, probably still is. Bloody good footballer too.
  • Options
    Duncan Ferguson - Still laugh at the video of Bullard looking at him as if "what the f*ck!"
  • Options
    Graeme Souness was hard, probably still is. Bloody good footballer too.
    bloody irritating pundit though
  • Options

So it ain't acceptable for me to say Pat Van Den Hauwe because he gave a few cheeky elbows, but it's okay for you to say Robin Friday who kicks people in the pissing face?  HAHAhAHAHAahaHahAhahaaHahahaha!!!

Righto Bournemouth!!!

Yeah that'd be about right Rob. Firstly he played for that lot down the road so that automatically discounts him from being a favourite of any kind.

Secondly, 'cheeky' elbows are not in any way a sign of being a bit of the wall. They are used by nasty, cowardly thugs like PVDH, Hurlock, Muscatt, Thatcher, etc (see the theme developing there...)

Thirdly, if you read the whole of the Robin Friday link you would see that the bloke is as mad a box of frogs on and off the pitch, turning up p###ed yet scoring a winner, the 'elephant dance', stealing the oppo's glasswear, etc, etc, etc. None of which make him an ideal role model for sure but certainly what you might call a character.

Lastly, PVDH is still, and will always be, 100%, a complete ####*

*that's a word keep in reserve for special occassions like describing him.

• Options
    You've missed the bit about him hitting a woman which is far worse than any of the above.
  • Options

@colthe3rd

ok was managing fiorentina. sacked last monday.

• Options
    David Icke
  • Options

Vinnie Jones for this.