Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

best signing this season

edited November 2011 in General Charlton

im not sure if there is already a thread on this.

but, from the 19 signings CP made in the summer who do you think has been the most effective?

for me it has to be wiggins

Comments

• Options
    Hollands for me. He's the complete CM
  • Options
    edited November 2011

agreed.. with cafcTeckers :)

• Options
    It changes every couple of weeks !

At the moment, Wiggins is on a strong run.

I've a sneaky feeling that come the end of the season, although he probably won't be noticed that much, Kermogant would have had the biggest impact.
  • Options
    The fitness coach
  • Options
    Wiggins is up there, but I'd have to say Hollands as his been brilliant from the start. 
  • Options

kermo imo has already made a huge impact and is close behind wiggins

• Options
    Morrison or Wiggins
  • Options
    20 now with Ephraim

Lots of possibles but going for Taylor and Morrison.   Maybe not the two most outstanding talents but first sound CB partnership for ages means we nearly always have a solid base to build on.
  • Options
    i had noticed ephraim but i didnt include him for obvious reasons...
  • Options
    all of them, the one thing that has struck me watching Charlton this season is that they are a team, all of them, and different members of the team will shine at different times
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Too early to tell. Will know more when we have a bad patch and we see how they respond when things aren't going well.
  • Options
    Morrison and Taylor for me.
  • Options
    Morrison or Hollands
  • Options
    Too early to tell. Will know more when we have a bad patch and we see how they respond when things aren't going well.
    Have to wait for next season for that.............
  • Options
    Hollands and Hamer for me - although the performances of Solly have been incredible ( like a new signing imo ).
  • Options
    Have to wait for next season for that.............
    I hope that's true but I'm preparing just in case.
  • Options
    Danny Hollands, Rhoy Wiggins and Lawrence Bloom
  • Options
    Morrison & Taylor, we have not looked this solid at the back for years.
  • Options

There are so many and I did say Stephens a month or so ago but he hasn't played recently and we've gone up a gear so what do i know although i think a lot of that is to do with Kermo. We now have ability all over the pitch and CP and the new scouting / management team must take full credit. We're a million miles from where we were this time last year and in the next few years i think some of the payback that we owe our local rivals will be very sweet.

• Options
    Wiggins at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    morrison and taylor - both superb.  wiggins has been outstanding as well mind
  • Options
    all of them, the one thing that has struck me watching Charlton this season is that they are a team, all of them, and different members of the team will shine at different times
    Very fair point
  • Options
    Hollands and wiggins atm.
    Have a feeling pritchard could be a real gem.
  • Options

I have enjoyed watching all of them at one point or another this season, how it has all gelled together is simply incredible. Much of the praise goes to the management/coaching for this. I just hope we can keep them all together for a couple of seasons to get this club back higher up in the Football League, if not the PL.

But if you put a gun to my head right now to answer the question it would be Wiggins.

POTY will be a great competition for the first time in ages!

• Options
    felt sorry for Pritchard when all the other signings came flooding in after him, but his shown his perfectly capable of stepping up, would have no worries what so ever if he came in for a start if someone was injured.  
  • Options
    Mikel Alonso.
  • Options
    2 CB's have been excellent so far. Wiggins gets better every week. Hollands and Kermit as well.

It would probably be easier to name the most disappointing signing to date which would obviously go to Alonso
  • Options
    I really really like Pritchard, a fairytale for us all. Despite the raw talent he does have, I feel he is still at the beginning of a learning curve and is no more than an impact substitution for this season. Hollands, Stephens and Hughes in front for now that's for sure. I think we'll see the best of him in the following seasons. What a great prospect that will be!
  • Options

Agree that this one is an almost impossible question to answer at this stage of the season and will possibly remain so right up until May.

Player of the season is going to be very very interesting this time around. 

• Options
    Hard to say but believe it may be Kermit by end of the season with Pritchard being our biggest impact player each time he comes on.