Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

best signing this season

Comments

• Options

Solly for me been outsatnding and is a new signing and one that will make us big bucks as well as proud

• Options
    Everyone seemed to have a feeling that all of the new signings would do well - except for Hughes who didn't get a mention, so for that reason - as the surprise package I'm going for Hughes.  Not as the best player of the season (so far), but the best signing.  I think there's a difference and best player is another question
  • Options
    Holland for me. Powelly first signing and squad been built around him. Lynch pin.
  • Options
    Danny Hollands has been the best signing so far for me. complete player.
  • Options
    Mikel Alonso.
    Damn. Got beaten to the sarcastic answer.

Hollands for me, purely for his consistancy.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Another way of looking at it i guess, although a slightly different question but who do you think we would miss the most if he got injured? I would say BWP followed by Danny Hollands. I think we have decent cover in almost every other position but agree that Hollands is a complete midfielder and don't know if we could replace what he does within the current squad.

• Options
    All of them .
  • Options

Another way of looking at it i guess, although a slightly different question but who do you think we would miss the most if he got injured?

All of them .
    true ... we'd miss them if they all got injured ;-)
  • Options
    Morrison and Taylor for me.
    agree that Wiggins is possibly the best player to come in but

we have been missing a quality ch pairing for a long time - so M&T are even more important I think.

• Options
    agreed but i get the feeling that Leon Cort would be a pretty good replacement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    hollands and morrison. kermit close behind and i think pritchard is gonna b a great player for us
  • Options
    Mikel Alonso.
    Funny guy ;)
  • Options
    In terms of VFM, would have thought Hughes.

Quite a feat that it is such a big debating point - well done SCP!
  • Options
    In terms of VFM i'm not sure how we'd know. Weren't they all undisclosed?
  • Options
    In terms of VFM, would have thought Hughes.

Quite a feat that it is such a big debating point - well done SCP!

Not quite sure how you can judge that given most of ours were for undisclosed fees?

Given my keeness for us to sign him yonks ago I'm sticking with my early prediction that Hollands will turn out to be POTY. Nice to be proved right sometimes innit!

• Options
    Hollands ATM
  • Options
    Kermorgant... no wait, Morrison... no wait, Stephens... no wait... Hamer... no wait... SHOOT ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right, it has to be Pritchard for his celebration on Sunday. I haven't seen somebody so happy to score a goal in Charlton colours in a long long time (excluding Solly last season vs Orient). However I think Hollands and Wiggins have been superb for us in the league.
  • Options

Hollands

There are quite a few candidates, Taylor and Morrison have given us defensive solidity for the first time in ages, Hughes mops up as defensive midfielder, Kermorgant is turning possession into goals, Wiggins and Green have looked ok after slow starts.

• Options
    Long term view it will be Stephens. He'll command the biggest fee should he be sold down the road.
  • Options
    I know it wasn't this season but the best signing of all has got to be the new owners whoever they are to enable us to sign quality players and kick the dross into touch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In terms of price:

Hollands

In terms of surpises:
    Kermit

In terms of quality
    Morrison/Wiggins
  • Options

Agreed - to be fair to RM, he hung on for a long time claiming to be wanting to find the right buyer for Charlton and he's been proved to be as good as his word.

• Options
    Arguably it was Jenkinson's signature on a contract for Arsenal which allowed CP to sign a few players that were perhaps on his wish list but might otherwise have been outside his budget.
  • Options
    In terms of price:

Hollands

In terms of surpises:

Kermit

In terms of quality

Morrison/Wiggins
    How much was Hollands?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Paul Hart according to Michael Slater and he may just have a point.
  • Options
    Why? Are a lot of the new faces on his recommendation? Must say that the quality compared to the loans we brought in last season has much improved although obviously we had a much smaller pool to choose from last Jan and in such a short space of time.
  • Options
    Why? Are a lot of the new faces on his recommendation? Must say that the quality compared to the loans we brought in last season has much improved although obviously we had a much smaller pool to choose from last Jan and in such a short space of time.
    No, he's has nothing to do with the first team players signed.  The inference was that his impact on the academy and so the long term future of the club would be considerable
  • Options
    In terms of price:

Hollands

In terms of surpises:

Kermit

In terms of quality

Morrison/Wiggins
    How much was Hollands?
    We got Hollands on free. What a bargain.

the best signing so far would have to be Hollands but Kermit is catching and Wiggins is right up their to.

To be honest most of the 19 players we've signed have been top notch so its hard to choose.

• Options
    cant beleive i forgot.. the best has to be mccormack signing for swindon 
  • Options
    Hollands i think it must be. Kermit has been impressive since he signed but Hollands has put a great shift every game as far as I can tell. I'd say Wiggins but he didn't shine that much at the start but is really coming into his own now. Solly's probably a quiet contender too.