Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Life's Too Short

Comments

• Options
    Of course Olly, which is why "it can't be denied" got my intial (tongue in cheek) response.

I don't mind Gervais myself - though appreciate how he may come across as a bit smug or smarmy - and loved The Office. Only saw a very tiny bit of Life's Too Short though.
  • Options
    Gervais is a bit marmite. I love him, the problem is I'm the only one in my house that does.
  • Options
    I've totally missed all of this programme so far , heard a trailer on the radio which sounded quite funny , is it just about making fun of short people?
  • Options
    Gervais should make programmes about the same overweight, ugly, beardy twat who laughs like a hyena at his own unfunny jokes............oh yeah he does that now. Marmite is right and I effing hate marmite! Life is all about opinions....
  • Options
    I've totally missed all of this programme so far , heard a trailer on the radio which sounded quite funny , is it just about making fun of short people?
    Anyone who thinks this show is totally about taking the piss out of dwarves has missed the point completely.

Yes the stuff with Johnny Depp and his Rumplestiltskin part was funny.

But equally Warwick's painful hi-jack of the best mans speech was classic.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

The Office was very good, brilliant in parts, but I think it's a bit over the top to say it introduced a "whole new spectrum and style of comedy".

Have you never seen Operation Good Guys for example. I'm sure Gervais and Merchant watched it, very closely.

Also "People Like Us"

• Options
    Good clean fun
  • Options
    Thanks Clem , is it still on tv? what side , day & time?
  • Options
    Ding .. iplayer of course!
  • Options
    Classic tonight.
    Les Dennis, Barry, and Keith Chegwin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Classic tonight.
    Les Dennis, Barry, and Keith Chegwin.
    Loved the new washing machine bit !
  • Options
    Do you need this? It's the instructions.
  • Options
    Will be amazed if we see series 2.. I love Ricky to death but this has felt tired and ropey maybe 1 laugh per episode
  • Options
    Tonight's episode was pretty poor, I still find the series funny but it feels like i've heard the exact same jokes told in the exact same fashion time and time again.
    Gotta say, Cat Deeley was smoking.
  • Options
    Will be amazed if we see series 2.. I love Ricky to death but this has felt tired and ropey maybe 1 laugh per episode
    Its miles ahead than some of the other stuff that got a 2nd series. Miranda is the biggest load of crap i've seen in recent times and that got another season.
  • Options

Fading star's actual celebrity fails to match his self-image.  Throw in a few A-Listers being bizarre/obnoxious.  Repeat until fade.

• Options
    I keep watching in the hope that it will improve but last night's episode just wasn't funny in the slightest.
  • Options
    I keep watching in the hope that it will improve but last night's episode just wasn't funny in the slightest.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    I loved both The Office and Extras, but Lifes Too Short is awful.

Chirpy- loved Operation Good Guys.
  • Options
    why are you bothering then ?
  • Options
    why are you bothering then ?

Probably so he can come on here and moan about it.

If we had great programmes on television every day then I could understand people not being a massive fan of LTS, but seeing as there's so much crap on tv day in day out how is this programme (at the least) anything other than a breath of fresh air in a sea of reality tv, decorating programmes and repeats.
  • Options
    The people who watch an entire programme that they are not enjoying must have much more spare time than me ?!?

If I don't like it I simply (shhhhhhhhhhh here comes the secretive bit)
    ... change ... the  .... channel
  • Options

The Office was very good, brilliant in
    parts, but I think it's a bit over the top to say it introduced a "whole
    new spectrum and style of comedy".

Have you never seen Operation Good Guys for example. I'm sure Gervais and Merchant watched it, very closely.

Also "People Like Us"

Thank You!!!!  When I first saw The Office, my initial thought was "Oh,
    like Operation Good Guys", but no one seemed to have heard of it!

As for Life's Too Short, I do enjoy it, but I find the 'celebrity cameo'
    bits so needless and self-congratulatory.  The funniest parts to me,
    are without celebrities playing themselves.  I loved that Liam Neeson
    bit in the first episode, btw, but in all honesty, any serious-sounding
    man could have played that part and read those lines.
  • Options
    The funniest bit in last night's episode was the steps up the back of the door to the spy-hole, that was about it.  The programmes have got worse each week unfortunately, almost certain it'll get a second series though.
  • Options
    Operation good guys was the best Programe on the tv and is one of my all time favorite shows
  • Options
    Not a fan then?