Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite away league victory

The standout for me was our 1-0 victory over Southampton back in 2007 when Iwelumo scored in injury time after we'd played most pf the game with 10 men following Semedo getting sent off. I met up with my brother after the game who is a Saints season ticket holder and it was nice to see him lost for words.

One of the few highlights of that season.

Comments

• Options
    2-3 win at Carlisle after being 2-0 down, then onto the pitch for the promotion party.

• Options
    Either the 3-4 at villa park or 2-3 at Coventry for me
  • Options
    Cov was in the Cup
  • Options
    edited November 2011

I liked the Portsmouth away in the rain a few seasons ago (in injury time if I recall)

• Options
    edited November 2011
    2-1 win at Leeds 2002/3 season briiliant solo run from Scott Parker for the winner late on. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCrbufLPbOo
  • Options
    For me it will have to be Peterborough last year. 
    That win came out of nowhere, 5-1 to beat a team now playing in the Champ with last year's shambles. 
    I almost didn't go as none of my mates got tickets. After the 3rd goal I text them saying "wish you were here?". 
  • Options
    I liked it when we beat Ipswich 5-0, and Carlo bagged a hattrick. Happy days.
  • Options

Millwall in the snow!

• Options
    Beating the nigels 1-0 in 99/00
  • Options
    Well 4-1 at QPR to record our first away win in about a thousand games was good, I was there and very suprised!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2-3 win at Carlisle after being 2-0 down, then onto the pitch for the promotion party.

Same
  • Options
    Was that 1970/71 season Seth Plum when Kenning ? was amongst the scorers
  • Options

Arsenal 4-2 and Coventry 3-2 in the fa cup

• Options
    Villa 4-3 or 2-0 in the snow.
  • Options
    Southend 2-1 two years ago, Kyel Reid scored the last minute winner.
  • Options

newcastle 3 charlton 4

3-0 down after 30 minutes and 3-1 at H/T

winner coming in time added on!!

all 150 of us going mental in the corner!!

• Options
    Palace away 0-1 dennis in the last minute
  • Options
    Was that 1970/71 season Seth Plum when Kenning ? was amongst the scorers

Yes it was.
  • Options
    Me and a couple of mates were in the wrong end for that one and asked the old bill if we could go round the pitch to our suppoerters and after showing a driving license to prove we came from SE London they let us march round. Can't see security being so accommodating these days!
  • Options
    1986 1-0 at Old Trafford.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2011
    One of the most frustrating wins away was beating Chelsea on penalties in the carling cup. I was in the home end and behind the goal where we were taking the penalties and had to keep my mouth shut when we won! One of my favourites was when we beat Norwich 0-3 and Andy Hunt scored a hat trick. Legend.
  • Options

4-2 Arsenal

4-3 Villa

Peterborough 5-1

Millwall in the snow

• Options
    4-2 Arsenal.  As the reality began to sink in to everyone in the ground you can only hear 'Valley Floyd Road' being sung.  You could be mistaken for thinking we were at home.  An amazing rearguard action with one of the best goals (Jensen) of the season.
  • Options
    got to say the leyton orient last year 3-1 win was awesome and sheffield utd away this year also. i did go to chelsea away in the carling cup and we won on penalties think it was 2005 but i dont think i enjoyed that as much as the other two as i was only about 10 and it didnt mean as much to me 
  • Options
    Millwall in the snow for me. 

Wasn't expecting anything and to see how well we played and the party atmosphere was something else.
  • Options
    The game at Chelsea in the 80s where Paul Miller's goal kept us in the top flight
  • Options
    Newcastle 3 Charlton 4

Rob Lee out, then I think Minto unexpectedly didn't play.  Peacock had an excellent first half ripping us to shreds, 3-0 down, then Barness scored a sublime goal cutting in from the left.  Second half a typical Ardiles style collapse, wonderful going forward but exceedingly nervous defending.  Peacock missed by a fraction with a brilliant lob but then Walsh started putting over some amazing crosses and getting on the end of others!

Whilst that Newcastle side had a weak underbelly, it was packed with very talented youngsters, some of whom got a few caps for England.  And it was the first time I saw Andy Hunt who looked pretty effective for a raw recent non-league youngster.
  • Options

2-0 Blackburn Away when Leaburn scored a overhead kick and we all ran on the pitch to celebrate!

At the time Blackburn were the league leaders by miles as they had spent millions on Jack Walkers money!

We must have had maybe 800 up there but we lifted the roof and it sounded like 8000!!!!

Quality away day!!

• Options
    Orient 3 -1 last year beat the 2 -1 the year before personally.
    Everything was quickly going wrong. We concede a poor goal so its 1-1 and then Daily gets a second yellow. Then....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjfgFKPTE2o

• Options
    Tel that is my favorite away day ever

Closely followed by sth end away when I think it was leaburn went round the defenders what seemed like 2wice to score I think we won 2 nil or 2 1 can't remember but it was a cracking night we packed the end

The snow game at the tool box a close third

And the kitson goal at shit hurst