Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite away league victory

Comments

• Options
    Newcastle 3 Charlton 4
    Villa 3 Charlton 4
    Wimbledon 4 Charlton 5
    Grimsby 2 Charlton 5
    Fulham 0 Charlton 3 1986
    Carlisle 2 Charlton 3 1986
    Man Utd 0 Charlton 1
    Blackburn 0 Charlton 2
    Blackburn 0 Charlton 1 FA Cup
    Coventry 2 Charlton 3

And many many more!
  • Options

Millwall in the snow!

Yep...
  • Options
    Wimbledon 4 Charlton 5, was a cup game, however a few days later we won 5-1 at Ipswich with Leaburn getting a hat trick.
  • Options

newcastle 3 charlton 4

3-0 down after 30 minutes and 3-1 at H/T

winner coming in time added on!!

all 150 of us going mental in the corner!!

this for me.  I blagged a ticket for the press box, I think i said to Mark Mansfield (?) at half time that we didn't deserve to be so far behind.  I wanted to go mental at the end but the natives were a little restless so thought better of it.  

Didn't Andy Hunt score for Newcastle?
  • Options

0-1  Southampton 2007

3-4  Aston Villa     1999

0-2  Fulham          1986

2-3  Coventry       2000   (FA Cup)

1-5  Peterbo'        2010

• Options

West Ham 1986 3-1 Melrose after 9 seconds, always sticks in the memory for me.

• Options

Millwall in the snow

Swindon in the rain (how much fun was that??!!)

Leaburn hatrick with his feet at Portman road

The 2 Norwich games when Mendonca and Hunt made them look silly!

So many good memories!

• Options
    I'm not to good with dates but , Chelsea 2000/2001 we won 1 nil , i was in the Chelsea end and boy what a bunch of wingers ,never stopped moaning about scotty parker giving them to runaround , i had to sit on my hands when that goal went in .
  • Options
    Man Utd 0 Charlton 1

• Options

Millwall in the snow!

Is the right answer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Palace away 1-0 win for a game I was at.

Arsenal 4-2 win as I was at uni in Brighton and lived with 3 Arsenal fans, we watched it in the pub which was full of Arsenal fans, quality.

• Options
    Newcastle 3 Charlton 4
    Villa 3 Charlton 4
    Wimbledon 4 Charlton 5
    Grimsby 2 Charlton 5
    Fulham 0 Charlton 3 1986
    Carlisle 2 Charlton 3 1986
    Man Utd 0 Charlton 1
    Blackburn 0 Charlton 2
    Blackburn 0 Charlton 1 FA Cup
    Coventry 2 Charlton 3

And many many more!
    Some crackers there, brilliant memories! I know this one wasn`t a win but it was a brilliant experience for everyone who was there..........Bristol Rovers 5 Charlton Athletic 5. My first away game outside London. 

Millwall in the snow
    Ipswich play off semi
    Norwich 4.0
    Carlisle twice to win promotion
    West Ham Melrose 9 secs
    Birmingham 4.3 
    Qpr 4.2
    Chelsea Lisbie last minute
    Brighton 5.3
    Leicester 3.0 1978 ish
    Millwall 2.0 ,Cardiff 4.1 same season

Plus loads more brilliant away games!

• Options
    Some other random wins that may have been overlooked....

Fulham 1983 1-0 late Paul Curtis scrambled goal. First away win for about a year.

Man City 1984 1-0 Chris Jones lashing in a volley.

Brighton 5-3 in promotion year. Brilliant Mike Flannagan header at near post from Robert Lee's cross. Martin Keown played up front for them and scored.

Aston Villa 2-1 Tommy Caton and Leaburn's massively deflected shot from outside the box.

Man City 2-1 in relegation year, Andy Jones header and Paul Mortimer weave through and low grubber. 

Birmingham 4-3 on a Sunday afternoon. 1-0 in 2nd min when John Humphrey hacked down Louis Donowa. Bowyer, Robinson, Grant and Leaburn were the scorers I think.
  • Options
    Probably has to be the 4-2 at hibury arsenal that will stand out for a long time as a great away win.
  • Options
    First game that came to mind was Manchester Utd 0 Charlton Athletic 1,Mark Stuart scoring the only goal of the game.Having been at the Nottingham Forest game 3 days before this game and losing it big time 4-0 this was the last result you would have thought of.Great day out playing in the top division when football was still a working class game.
  • Options

2-0 Blackburn Away when Leaburn scored a overhead kick and we all ran on the pitch to celebrate!

At the time Blackburn were the league leaders by miles as they had spent millions on Jack Walkers money!

We must have had maybe 800 up there but we lifted the roof and it sounded like 8000!!!!

Quality away day!!

we all agree Jack Walker's a wan**r, quality day out.

Away to Newcastle 3-4

Away to Newcastle 0-3 needed to win to stay up

Away to Carlisle  2-3

• Options
    Blackburn away was a great day out were singing in the rain. Millwall in the snow

Villa 3-4
    im sure these more but them 3 stand out
  • Options
    Palace 1-0 - Toddy!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
  • Options
    Others have said it but has to be millwall in the snow
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No-one seems to have mentioned winnign at Everton the first game after Scott Parker finally defected. That, I thought, was a wonderful team performance.

But 4-3 at Newcastle was a bit of a classic wasn't it?

3-2 at Carlisle in 1981 was a similar Lazarus effort and, of course, far more significant in terms of the table

• Options
    Brentford looks pretty good at the moment.
  • Options
    Talking to some at the match today I reckon today could get a fair few votes
  • Options
    Newcastle 3 Charlton 4

Rob Lee out, then I think Minto unexpectedly didn't play.  Peacock had an excellent first half ripping us to shreds, 3-0 down, then Barness scored a sublime goal cutting in from the left.  Second half a typical Ardiles style collapse, wonderful going forward but exceedingly nervous defending.  Peacock missed by a fraction with a brilliant lob but then Walsh started putting over some amazing crosses and getting on the end of others!

Whilst that Newcastle side had a weak underbelly, it was packed with very talented youngsters, some of whom got a few caps for England.  And it was the first time I saw Andy Hunt who looked pretty effective for a raw recent non-league youngster.

Millwall in the snow!

Is the right answer

Was at both of these games & agree they were standout victories .

Remember that corner we stood in at St James' Park & the screams of joy at the final whistle after such a loooong trip.

However, as Henry said, Millwall in the snow was the bees knees. I wore SEVEN layers of clothing that night as we set out from Dartford, anticipating the match would be called off before we reached the Den.

Unbelievable night . I had a newspaper cutting/photo on our kitchen noticeboard for about 5 years ( until it literally fell to pieces) and many a time did a glimpse of it cheer me up in that time.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Unbelievable night . I had a newspaper cutting/photo on our kitchen noticeboard for about 5 years ( until it literally fell to pieces) and many a time did a glimpse of it cheer me up in that time.

That's a great anecdote and encapsulates just what it means to us addicks. Superb

(ps can't get rid of colin tatt name from quote?!!
  • Options
    Other then Millwall in the snow, gotta be Manchester City away 4-1 win josh havin the game of his life, that comes after we been smashed by west ham away boxing day 5-0. Also Spurs away boxing day a few years back
  • Options
    5 -1 at Ipswich. Carl Leaburn hat-trick and a Paul Linger screamer were real collector's pieces. Also took part at the half-time race around the side of the pitch.
  • Options
    ha ha you were the the fat charlton mascot who got beat by the kid ten years older than you?
  • Options
    edited November 2011

I am not taking the proverbial here but

April 4th 1981. Charlton 1 Huddersfield 2. Is a big favorate of Town fans.

We were both riding high at the time and this was a huge game.

Bury 4 Huddersfield 4 is my personal favorite game, after being 4-0 down, it FELT like a win.

• Options
    Others have said it but has to be millwall in the snow
    This one and 'Dennis in the Last minute' spring to mind , Fa cup win v Blackburn midweek was nuts , how high was that stand?