Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite away league victory

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2011
    I take it the 7-6 defeat at the Valley Berty in 1957/8 against 10 men after you had been 5-1 up is not in your top 3 then? Damn wrong thread it wasn't an away victory!
  • Options
    Remember the 2.1 at the Valley. Lots of trouble on the east terrace.

Thing is though, we still went up that year, did you? Thought it was Rotherham, Barnsley and us!
  • Options
     Manchester City away 4-1 win
    kishishev was eminence that day.
  • Options
    Remember the 2.1 at the Valley. Lots of trouble on the east terrace.

Thing is though, we still went up that year, did you? Thought it was Rotherham, Barnsley and us!

No, we missed out that season, finishing 4th.

We lost our two strikers during the run-in with career ending injuries. We struggled the next season as 3 other long term injured players had to be replaced. We were promoted the following season.

• Options
    I take it the 7-6 defeat at the Valley Berty in 1957/8 against 10 men after you had been 5-1 up is not in your top 3 then? Damn wrong thread it wasn't an away victory!

And even I'M not old enough to have been at that one.

Another record for Town, only team to score 6 and lose!!

• Options

Oxford away at the Manor Ground, 1998 - 2 late goals to turn round a 1 goal deficit, Charlton terrace went ballistic. 3 -2 win at Spurs in Jol's first game in charge was also enjoyable.

Dennis in the last minute is probably my favourite. The PA had just announced that we'd be locked in after the game, their muppet supporters were singing "It's for your own safety" - they shut up very quickly just a few seconds later though.

• Options
    4-2 Arsenal.  As the reality began to sink in to everyone in the ground you can only hear 'Valley Floyd Road' being sung.  You could be mistaken for thinking we were at home.  An amazing rearguard action with one of the best goals (Jensen) of the season.
    Looked at this on YouTubr the other day. The goal was from a far acuter angle than I remember at the time.
  • Options
    Leyton Orient 3-1 was a great night, the fans were brillaint too. I seem to remember singing to a Man Utd fan in the home end!!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Has to be Villa 4-3 - so much depended on that game, without the win we would be out of the Prem.  Only keeper fit so none on the bench, early goal a rare Rufus howler,keeper sent off,seconds from relegation, Free kick, Danny Mills ... lifeline
  • Options

Not sure what year but the 4-4 draw away to Ipswich when we saw one of Peakeys rockets!!

Whoshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Liverpool 3 Charlton 3
  • Options

newcastle 3 charlton 4

3-0 down after 30 minutes and 3-1 at H/T

winner coming in time added on!!

all 150 of us going mental in the corner!!

I was in the home stand with a Newcastle season ticket holder and a neutral friend. I had stayed reasonably quiet up to the fourth goal, when I stood up and celebrated. A Geordie voice from behind said "siddown man", so I did, but it was all pretty friendly. Stayed the weekend and had a great time.
  • Options
    Fulham 1983 1-0 late Paul Curtis scrambled goal. First away win for about a year.

Was my first away game, was like we'd won the World Cup!
  • Options
    4-2 Arsenal.  As the reality began to sink in to everyone in the ground you can only hear 'Valley Floyd Road' being sung.  You could be mistaken for thinking we were at home.  An amazing rearguard action with one of the best goals (Jensen) of the season.
    Looked at this on YouTubr the other day. The goal was from a far acuter angle than I remember at the time.
    I and many others have said it on this forum several times before, and I'll say it again:
    The way the media overlook that goal and that game in all their analyses of great goals and great games is, frankly, criminal.
  • Options
    Away at Newcastle and Ipswich were both fantastic, but for me it was at norwich in about 96 or 97. This game sneaked up on me as I was on holiday with my mates as we'd hired a boat for a week on the norfolk broads. We pulled into Norwich on the tues afternoon besides carrow rd and realised they had a game that evening. It wasn't until I checked the paper to see we were playing them, (still can't believe I didn't know this at the time).

A great 0-4 away win.
  • Options
    Fulham 1983 1-0 late Paul Curtis scrambled goal. First away win for about a year. Was my first away game, was like we'd won the World Cup!
    The Fulham game was my first ever away win after a load of trips and was quickly followed by two more....1-0 at Derby (Steve Dowman flicked header in the 2nd minute) and the bizarre 1-0 win at Colchester in the FA Cup (mad own goal).
  • Options
    Away at Newcastle and Ipswich were both fantastic, but for me it was at norwich in about 96 or 97. This game sneaked up on me as I was on holiday with my mates as we'd hired a boat for a week on the norfolk broads. We pulled into Norwich on the tues afternoon besides carrow rd and realised they had a game that evening. It wasn't until I checked the paper to see we were playing them, (still can't believe I didn't know this at the time).

A great 0-4 away win.
    That must have been around September 1997 in the Play Off promotion season wasn't it? Super Clive hat-trick?
  • Options
    4-0 at Norwich....Mendonca 3 and a Chapple header. Pretty sure Danny Mills played for Norwich that night and had a pretty poor game. Who'd have thought that he would be such an influential figure in that period for Charlton? He played well for us and flogging him for such a daft amount to Leeds presumably meant we could keep the likes of Rufus, Kinsella, Hunt and Powell....and buy Kiely!