Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wednesday linked with Llera

Hopefully true - Llera still ranks as one of the worst defenders I've seen play for us although Doherty seems to have reached the same level.

Still I have to give Miguel credit for the fabulous equaliser against Swindon when we only had 9 players!! 

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Be fair to him. Llera is generally a decent defender ........ but prone to an occasional costly error, as we well know.
    When that happens his confidence drains away completely. That's the problem, not his original mistake.

He played a dependable game against Charlton in the JPT recently, right?
    And no doubt he would be generally solid for Sheff Weds if he goes.

This is the Third Division remember.

• Options
    I rated Lllera quite highly. he got himself sent off vs Swindon in the play-off semi-final to make sure that their player wouldn't go straight through, 1-on-1 with the keeper. He sacrificed a potential spot in a play-off final at WEMBLEY for the team and the club. Now for a footballer at this level, that's a big big sacrafice. We all knew he was prone to a costly mistake but he's no Puyol. He plays in League One.
  • Options
    Like him a lot and thought he id well for us in most of the games he played, but lost confidence in two games which cost us dearly.  Was please to see him when Brentford came to the Valley, at the end he went over to  Charton fans and chatted for quite a few minutes
  • Options
    spoke to miguel on a couple of occasions and he came across as a nice guy but as a footballer he came up short. Lacked pace and was frequently caught out of position -his performance in the away game v Millwall was one of the worst I've seen. By any standard he didnt measure up ....
  • Options
     as a footballer he came up short. ...

Not true. Llera was well over 6 foot
  • Options

He was ok in short bursts for 4-5 games he'd play well, then have a mare. That's the best way to use him - off the bench and making the odd start, keep him freshh and he'll play ok, but once he gets over-played the mistakes start to creep in and become more frequent.

For me I'll remember him coming off the bench against Orient when we were reduced to ten men and throwing himself about and shoring the defence up which set up an easy victory which at one point looked extremely dubious.

• Options
    Played in a team that still had Planet Pardew sized holes in midfield and defence.  Drift defending was not his strength, but always felt he was capable if the midfield had a bit more dig to them.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I quite liked Big Mig, like most latin defenders he could make a good diagonal long pass which was very refreshing from some of the hoof ball out of defence last year. As others have said though he was prone to the unexpected slip up. He always gave his all and never hid. On balance he had more pluses than minuses IMHO. If he plays tomorrow I won't give him any stick unless...............................he cleans out BWP or any of our other ten stars on the pitch.
  • Options
    Llera was a confidence player, more unusual in a defender than a flair player but there you go. When he's on his game and the ball is flying into the box he would gladly match himself against any striker in the division, and pull off passes that most of our (then) midfielders would be proud of... but as soon as his confidence went, so did his game, and then he lost confidence, so his game suffered etc etc.

That said, BWP would surely absolutely run him ragged, heck, Kermit would probably keep him occupied alone.
  • Options
    That'll be our best two players from last year they've nicked of us then. Damn, they're sure to pip us to the the automatics now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep, Two that were kicked out for being shite
  • Options
    Yep, Two that were kicked out for being shite
    Damn you RedMist - was trying to get 10 new comments in a line!

• Options
    Oh bugger sorry, pretend I was never here.
    which incidentally is what we do with last years team!
  • Options
    Decent guy Miguel and a good character to have around the club. Good spirit, some great headed goals and fine goals against Swindon. Great in backs against the wall performances where pace is not an issue like the Orient game. Great crossfield pass that mostly came off.

Not good though in fast more open games where he could get turned for pace, or caught out of position, sometimes like bambi on ice when trying to control the ball.

Swings and roundabouts.

Very happy with our current centre back pairing of Morrison and Taylor.
  • Options
    Liked him, he was always vulnerable to pace against him but in the air he was good. If he's going to Wednesday to replace Baath then that would probably be good news for us, but I like the guy especially after his sending off vs Swindon where he gave up a potential Wembley place.
  • Options
    Liera was more than ok. To say he was one of our worst ever defenders is just ridiculous .
  • Options
    Do Wednesday always sign players purely on height?
  • Options
    I quite liked Big Mig, like most latin defenders he could make a good diagonal long pass which was very refreshing from some of the hoof ball out of defence last year. As others have said though he was prone to the unexpected slip up. He always gave his all and never hid. On balance he had more pluses than minuses IMHO. If he plays tomorrow I won't give him any stick unless...............................he cleans out BWP or any of our other ten stars on the pitch.
    On one of the other threads Reid is being praised for the last minute winner he scored against Southend.  We shouldn't forget that it was Llera that made it possible with that terrific pass.  Also, he did get into the box for us and get some goals.  Defensively, as others have said, he blew hot and cold.  One day great (Orient) another woeful (Colchester).   All in all I thought he was ok, but there's no way he's close to either Morrison or Taylor.  I wish him good luck whether he's at Brentford, Sheffield or somewhere else, but I don't think we have anything to fear at all in one of our rivals signing him.
  • Options
    I missed the game at home v Swindon, when he played a blinder, I think it was over Christmas, but the away game when we lost 3-0 away to Colchester midweek hasn't been erased yet, a real shocker, he always gave his all and just when you thought he'd got his game together he'd have a right stinker and go down the pan, I thin BFR called it right with his choice of words.
  • Options
    Colchester away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Happily drive him up to Sheffield myself.
  • Options
    Llera is a decent player and would be a good signing for any club. Morrison and Taylor are better players and so  Miguel had to move on. Good luck to him except against us.
  • Options
    Llera is a decent player and would be a good signing for any club. Morrison and Taylor are better players and so  Miguel had to move on. Good luck to him except against us.
    Codswallop.
  • Options
    Codswallop.
    OK, for any LOWER league club. Have a nice day
  • Options
    Codswallop.
    OK, for any LOWER league club. Have a nice day
    Incorrect again, that would imply he would be good enough for Charlton, which he isn't.  

If he signed for Wednesday that could only be viewed as a good thing from our perspective.
  • Options

If anyone was at the away game V Colchester you will have seen an utter nightmare from him.....without doubt the worst individual performance I've ever witnessed from a central defender in an Addicks shirt.

Poor Miguel, a very nice person with a sweet left foot and quite dangerous at set pieces....but as a defender (particularly against fast nippy strikers) he really didn't hack it.

• Options

Poor Miguel, a very nice person with a sweet left foot and quite dangerous at set pieces....but as a defender (particularly against fast nippy strikers) he really didn't hack it.

Mainly because he couldn't get close enough to anything to hack it!!!

• Options

If anyone was at the away game V Colchester you will have seen an utter nightmare from him.....without doubt the worst individual performance I've ever witnessed from a central defender in an Addicks shirt.

There was one worse - against Millwall away.  Against Colchester Elliot has to take some blame for the own goal, and overall he performed well in most games he played in.
  • Options
    Yes he had some bad games but for the most part he did fine. Annoys me when players like Llera and Francis get such abuse when they put they effort in, save the 'worst player' comments to people that deserve it ala Marcus Bent
  • Options
    He is not very good, guaranteed to make a disasterous mistake every single game. Would be wonderful if Wednesday took him.