Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wednesday linked with Llera

13»

Comments

• Options
    It strikes me that Megson is signing players who are already serving out loans at mid-table League One clubs. I'd be very concerned if I was a Wendy, and this isn't a dig at Sheffield Wednesday...necessarily. Two very average players from what I have witnessed. With Buxton injured, and Jones suspended I understand they require cover, but it's a bit like using pots and pans for a leaky roof (defence) & all very reminiscent of Charlton 2009/2010.
  • Options
    Just like they have been judging us on the 90 minutes we played them, they also judge llera. We didnt impress them in one of our worst 90 mins this season so were not good enough to go up. Apparently llera was a rock against them for the 90 mins so his the leagues best defender.

I can't wait for mig to lose them games.
    Big heart old mig but also big donkey
  • Options
    Megson sells Morrison and brings in Llera....just about sums it all up!
    spot on.
  • Options

Morrison was garbage for us though, if he's doing a job for you then fair play, Llera could be the same for us, many of you slagged Semedo but he has been great for us.

Lose against Huddersfeield then it will make it very interesting, will be watching if you have improved since you played us because to say you were at home you were poor and you only just scraped a draw against Tranmere didn't you? 

• Options
    We might have been poor but you guys set out to play total non-football, so whats your point?

Our GD being 17 better than yours says a lot, imo.
  • Options

Morrison was garbage for us though, if he's doing a job for you then fair play, Llera could be the same for us, many of you slagged Semedo but he has been great for us.

Lose against Huddersfeield then it will make it very interesting, will be watching if you have improved since you played us because to say you were at home you were poor and you only just scraped a draw against Tranmere didn't you? 

I'm not convinced that many of us slagged Semedo, after all he was voted our player of the season last year.  He always battled, never hid and on many many occasions was the best player we had.  Some on here questioned his ability to attack or to do anything creative. And If you'd seen the difference between our midfield last season and this you'd have to say that they were right.  Semedo was great in the gutsy never-say-die role, but we now have midfielders that compare on that front but who ooze class and creativity as well.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Still, I'm glad Morrison plays for you and not us,.

BTW there is a thread on here about Semedo and most of it is slagging so have a look.

• Options
    I'd much rather have Morrison than Llera to be honest. Morrison has already played a massive part in a League One winning side at Leicester three seasons ago, with the only set of supporters who haven't rated him being Wednesday.

On the other hand, Llera's had the same problems and the same record wherever he goes. He'll be great for you in a select number of games but absolute rubbish in the majority.

Llera: great in the air, awful on the floor. Another thing to note is that Llera has a pretty decent free-kick, if he ever gets the chance to take one at Hillsborough.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

The SWFC v CAFC debate on here will no doubt run and run throughout the season if or whilst both teams remain competitive for promotion. What is evident already, is that cultured football is winning the day over Megson's (let's be kind and say) direct approach. Easy then to realise why us addicks are loving having Morrison/Hollands in preference to Llera/Semedo (both of our ex's look better in a team that by its ethic, does not have to "play" too much). So the Wendys seem content to buy into the Megson style and no one can argue that it can't be effective, but for me there'll be far too many close games for them and over time, they will drop too many points for an automatic as they fail to tear teams apart.

We on the other hand are now starting to realise that CP's approach of having a team that more often than not will outclass (with our pass and build it up style) teams who try to "play" (hence our good margin victories) but can also adapt to the teams that play direct and grind out results on a consistent basis. The quality of the goals that we have scored of late bodes well, Sheff Wed on the other hand, as happened at Tranmere last Saturday, may have to rely on a glut "hoof ball" style winners if they are to remain a challenge.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Agree with this- we are still learning against the grinders/foulers but generally come out on top -but against teams that like to play -they are putty in our hands. A bit unfair really on some of our opponentsbut that's life.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another Wednesday fan judging us on one 90 minute game. We only just scraped a draw against tranmere. We can go on forever about certain games.
    You drew 0-0 to brentford at home. We beat them away. You lost to stevenage 5-1. We lost 1-0. Fact is were top and deserve to be.

Semedo was loved by the majority for his work rate and passion. And I was one of them. But he had no creativity which is understandable seeing as he is a centre back. Would I take him back now. Not a chance as danny hollands does his job better but also adds to that with goals and creativity.
  • Options
    Thought Sheff Wed offered nothing in the game against us, we weren't great either but they looked so negative.

I liked Semedo and Llera. Jose does his job well and it's a shame he didn't have better players around him, would anyone say Hughes is better than Jose really? They both basically do the same job.

Llera I thought played okay vs us on Saturday, always give his all, good in the air but will make a few mistakes throughout the season.
  • Options
    DIdn't Wendy play Morrision mainly at right-back? That might be why they have this perception of him being poor, we tried that once at Stevenage and he was not much upto it, he is a great centre-half though.
  • Options
    Can't understand why they signed Llera. If they needed a CB on loan, we could have given them one with premiership experience.

Ginger pele, go on, you know you want him..........................
  • Options
    Thought Sheff Wed offered nothing in the game against us, we weren't great either but they looked so negative.

I liked Semedo and Llera. Jose does his job well and it's a shame he didn't have better players around him, would anyone say Hughes is better than Jose really? They both basically do the same job.

Llera I thought played okay vs us on Saturday, always give his all, good in the air but will make a few mistakes throughout the season.
    Hollands offers A LOT more going forwards though.
  • Options

Hollands offers A LOT more going forwards though.

And Hughes probably costs about a third of what Jose was pulling down.
  • Options
    I think llera is starting for wendys today. Hope he has an absolute shocker
  • Options
    edited November 2011

• Options
    edited November 2011

Clean sheet for Wendy
  • Options
    Orient are missin dean cox big time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I notice Lee Cook made his debut for the O's today and was taken off halfway through the second half , top Spanner Tony Craig is there also.

Both players who could make an impact in L1 but are not up to CCC standard , although Cook might be using the O's to get fit in the way same way he used us a few seasons ago.

• Options
    Meant to have had a blinder today. Fans are saying he is their best defender already. Which is good to hear.
  • Options
    Good job we've already said everything about Llera that could be said.

;o)
  • Options
    Meant to have had a blinder today. Fans are saying he is their best defender already. Which is good to hear.

They'll need to play Orient every week.

He always seems to play well against them.

• Options
    Apparently Sanchez Watt has been caught drink driving by Yorkshire Police. Hohum...
  • Options
    Thought he played a blinder every week for us. He's the new Ray Charles apparently.................