Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wednesday Sound Worried, Hudds confident

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2011

"... come for the draw ... and we hav the patience and the guile to beat any team"

not sure about that being quite so categoric - 3 home draws vs an even better away record when opposing teams are going for the win suggests a more complicated picture

• Options

Both clubs that could be said to be "too big for this league" but that means nothing.  Both clubs have better football players than average for this league which shuld see us both in the top 6 at the end of the season.  Who knows who will finish where...we have the upper hand at the moment and I am happy in that fact....let's hope it continues.

• Options

confidence chaps and at the moment i see nothing but confidence flowing through the team,

and they have megson a dour miserable sod

in powell we trust

• Options
    But don't forget NLA, that it's soon to go tits up for us and Powell will soon find himself out of a job, FACT!

I know this because I read it on the owls site and they seem to know exactly how things will pan out over the season......;-)
  • Options
    That's very fortunate for them, I'm sure they're glad to know that!
  • Options

Shit Tango i didnt realise that what a load of bollox, we will be ok though cos Poyet will be sacked by Brighton and then he can jump staright on board,

When megson gets Sacked who will they get though poor wendys

• Options

Think some of us are getting a little bit carried away here. Yes we are top of the league, Yes we look fantastic this season, but hudders are unbeaten for a long time for a reason there a great side , this is a massive game for us, if we win this we have put our self in a fantastic position and just need to worry about what we do, not what SHeff Wens/ United / MK do, we are top, its up to us to stay there. if we lose to hudders i worry about it a little bit, players may panic and its slightly differ  then losing to stevenage,

but we have the advantage, where at home, we will have a large number of support in the stadium backing the boys, we can make the diffrence on monday night, please dont come just cos its on sky, make the diffrence and turn up as the boys are going to need all the support they need.

I also take note of what wensday fans say, this is the kind of league that the whole picture can change in the space of a coupple of weeks, if they start performing and catch us up, fair play then great, but at the end of the day where top, thats great, lets just focus on us not the others needless distraction : )

• Options
    Well said Matt.
  • Options

I honestly think we'll go up this season, but it won't be easy and it might not be automatic, just as long as we go up it doesn't matter what position, how many points and who's above or below! The Wendy's and Hudds are our main rivals at the moment but as we've seen in the past 2 seasons a team could come in with a surge from Jan onwards and surprise us all. I'm praying that our customary March and onwards form is a thing of the past!!!

Good luck Wednesday, it's a tough league to get out of!

• Options
    I think that when we played Sheff wed, we cancelled each other out. We have improved since and their results suggest they have as well. In reality, i can see something similar against huddersfield and whilst i think we can win this game, so can huddersfield. Anything other is really justa  bit of bravado but these are internet forums and there's nothing wrong with that. I've stated elsewhere we'll win 3-1 but if i had to put money on it i'd probably go fora  0-0 draw, which i think, will suiut both teams.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2011

I've changed my mind about Charlton tbh, at first I thought you would be play-off candidates because I was unsure about Powell (I think he's an ok guy though) but now i really think you will go up automatically, you will still have a dip, as will Huddersfield, we might again although we had a poor start so hope it's out of the way.

It's between us three, none of the others convince me, we will buy and strengthen in January too, Rhodes look destines to go to a prem club, big question is who have they got when he goes?

The Huddersfield lot seems to think their chairman will not sell to anyone even if man city come in with a 8m bid for him!

P.S the title of this thread is so inaccurate, we're not worried one bit too.

• Options
    Can't see Man City coming in for Rhodes unless it's for a new car park attendant .
    Lesser Prem teams like Fulham or Everton maybe . not Man City.
  • Options
    P.S the title of this thread is so inaccurate, we're not worried one bit too.

Then you should. I know I am.
  • Options
    That was tongue-in-cheek about Man City , but you know what i mean.
  • Options
    Naa not worried Shooters, been there before.
  • Options
    I think they'll keep Rhodes. None of the lesser prem clubs will bid enough to temp them.
  • Options

"It's between us three, none of the others convince me, we will buy and strengthen in January too, Rhodes look destines to go to a prem club, big question is who have they got when he goes?

The Huddersfield lot seems to think their chairman will not sell to anyone even if man city come in with a 8m bid for him!"

Hudds will definitely not sell Rhodes in January.

We learnt that lesson when we sold Marcus Stewart to Ipswich.

In fact it looks like we will be adding a 4th striker by the way of Ian Hulme from Preston.

With Rhodes (15 goals this season) Novak (11 goals this season mainly from the bench) Hulme and Lee, we would have the goals to take us up.

• Options
    Who's Hulme? I know a Hume :)
  • Options
    Who's Hulme? I know a Hume :)
    You Hume it, I'll sing it.
  • Options

Owls 1867, I think your right the top 2 places will be contested by us 3 of that i have no doubt,

The others i mentioned will have a big say in that result though as they are strong enough to put a dent in a one off game against any of us,

I may be getting carried away and rightly so in my opinion because if your team performing the way we are after years of shite, and being 5 clear of 2nd and 8 clear of yourselves cant just get you believing nothing will,

Hume would be a good signing for any of us, just not convinced he can steer clear of injury

I dont see Rhodes leaving not a hope we all need to get out of this league, In Rhodes you have your own BWP and i dont think Sheff Weds have that consistant goal scorer , Madine is good but not in that standard

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wouldnt rule out MK Dons to put pressure on the top 3. They have some fantastic youngsters in their squad that are coming through at the moment.
  • Options
    I wouldnt rule out MK Dons to put pressure on the top 3. They have some fantastic youngsters in their squad that are coming through at the moment.

They could be the dark horses IF they hang on to Karl Robinson.

• Options
    The league isnt won by Christmas and there will undoubtedly be ups and downs for all the sides concerned,it doesnt matter a jot who is in the top two in November,January or any other month of the season,it matters who is in those places in May. The two teams who finish there deserve their promotion as they are proved to be the best two teams in the division,God willing Charlton will be one of those teams :) but if disaster strikes and we finish outside those places then we would have to say job well done to the two sides who finsh there. COYR 
  • Options

A few of the wendys aren't impressed with us in the few games that they've seen us play this season.

I wouldn't blame them if they want to watch a decent football team but still strange to think that they would prefer to watch the league leaders rather than their own team?

• Options
    Ist good that we played one of our worst games against them this season, let them underestimate us.
  • Options

They could be the dark horses IF they hang on to Karl Robinson.

agreed - i'd put them in with us 3
  • Options

I can see the table finishing as it stands now,

but with Charlton and Hudds swapping places <wink>