Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So where's your works Christmas Party this year?

DA9DA9
edited November 2011 in Not Sports Related

Mine, very low key, chinese and a few beers in Rochester.

Comments

• The Cuban Bar, Canterbury.
  • Don't know, I never go so they don't bother asking me anymore.
  • Jacobean Barn at Hall Place. I'm currently seconded to a project team and there's only 3 of us. Should be a right bundle of laughs.
  • edited November 2011

Some bar/restaurant in Brick Lane

Edit: The Brickhouse, Brick Lane

• So we all said we want somewhere local to us, Duo Amichis, Chislehurst was favorite. At our Monday morning meeting the MD put it to the vote.
    Everyone voted somewhere local, the MD was the only person who voted to go to London. 'Carried unanimously' he said.
    We had an email yesterday we are going to........Porters at Covent Garden! Cue a lot of people who 'can't make' December 21st.
    Good management that!
  • So we all said we want somewhere local to us, Duo Amichis, Chislehurst was favorite. At our Monday morning meeting the MD put it to the vote.
    Everyone voted somewhere local, the MD was the only person who voted to go to London. 'Carried unanimously' he said.
    We had an email yesterday we are going to........Porters at Covent Garden! Cue a lot of people who 'can't make' December 21st.
    Good management that!
    That's why he's the MD. It was a strategic decision. If you stay local it'll cost an arm and a leg. Go up town, no one goes and he saves a small fortune. Simples
  • Aparently, it's in some castle in France. I don't get an invite though because I'm only a contractor.
  • Ours is next door at a bar. It took months of planning... In Soho though so should be good
  • No Xmas Party this Year due to cut backs!!!!!!
  • edited November 2011
    Pickled Willy not sure of the name of the club . Restaurant first in ec 2 don't know the name if that either reckon they don't want me to go
  • Sponsored links:

• 15 minutes of coffee and cake after the December locality meeting.

Ho

• The Village (Hotel) in Maidstone
  • Chiquito's in the Hatfield Galleria. There's only three of us. Rock and roll!
  • Long Acre Bar Covent Garden
  • Smollenskys in The Strand

• The Valley!!   Much better than The Den which is where it was last year!
  • A small place in Upper Street - £30 for 3 courses and as much house wine, beer and soft drinks we can guzzle in 2 and a half hours.

• its not in New York, like it was last year, mores the pity....
  • Redundancies are being made at some point before christmas (people dont yet know), so unfortunately our party is likely to be low key and depressing.  Superb!
  • Sponsored links:

• The Tower Hotel, Tower Bridge ;) beer/grub for free.
  • Hustle nightclub in Ashford.

So it'll be just like a normal Friday/Saturday night but with people I don't like.
  • Ours is at Shepherd neame Brewery Faversham, but unsurprising really as we work there, not very imaginative & the date is 27th January FFS
  • Got Christmas drinks with my company in a couple of weeks at Canary Wharf somewhere, we usually have a proper Christmas party when everything has calmed down in the new year.

Christmas party with the company I'm consulting at in a hotel at Knightsbridge as well.

• Been given £50 each, do what you want.
  • Indian West end
    Deliver to one of our depots around the corner from there, on the university grounds
  • Chelmsford, Essex County Cricket Ground.

A room full of scantily clad 18-25 year old Essex girls full of free wine

No thanks, Im a Celebrity is on the box.

Deliver to one of our depots around the corner from there, on the university grounds

I work in the Innovation Centre at the uni. It's proper Charlton round here, I tell ya
  • Ramseys restaurant in lime house then some form of club I imagine. Anyone eaten there? Know if it's any good?