Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So where's your works Christmas Party this year?

Comments

• Options

Not that fussed as all us foreign teachers are heading to Shanghai for xmas instead. Bring on the bijou!
    Shouldn't that be bj?
  • Options
    none for me, theres only 8 of us in our company, the boss who know lives in his villa in spain me running the london company and the 6 crew members who are young eastern european lads who hardly speak a word of the queens english.
  • Options

Not that fussed as all us foreign teachers are heading to Shanghai for xmas instead. Bring on the bijou!
    Shouldn't that be bj?
    Think it's Chinese for fat bird.
  • Options
    greens restaurant and oyster bar, menu looks a bit crap....
    @Bigfatepete We had our christmas dinner in a private room there a few years back. Had a good meal.

Kenza for us this year, in their private area. 
  • Options
    greens restaurant and oyster bar, menu looks a bit crap....
    @Bigfatepete We had our christmas dinner in a private room there a few years back. Had a good meal.

Kenza for us this year, in their private area. 
  • Options

Shouldn't that be bj?
    Think it's Chinese for fat bird.
    It's actually Chinese rice wine. :)
  • Options
    The Ritz
  • Options
    Ours was at the Emirates for Arsenal v Dortmund
  • Options

We're doing similar to the last two years.   We invite all our suppliers to come along at any time to our office between 12 and 5pm, we lay on food, booze and this year a "Sing Star" PS3 challenge - best score awarded by the game wins a bottle of Champers.   We then go out to a decent Curry House nearby in Soho with the team (8 of us) and probably 10-12 of the more favoured suppliers.

It costs me a lot, but actually in work hours I benefit a lot over the course of the month of December as we therefore don't have to do 10 or so individual parties with our suppliers which start at lunchtime and run all day or give the staff such a hangover I get no work from them the day after!

Genius! :-)

• Options
    Sometime in January (if we're lucky) when the prices have gone down again!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some pretentious club that has a no jeans rule.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Some pretentious club that has a no jeans rule.
    That's ok your name's not Jean
  • Options
    Round a mates house in Pateo village after we close at 3PM on Christmas day. He's a former chef (and a good one at that). Can't stay up too late though, got to open up Boxing day...  
  • Options
    Oiii Algarve call yourself a bar owner  we never CLOSED at all from Xmas eve to the day after boxing day 2am when i had my bar in Thailand !! and New years eve was even worse------happy days though.

we put a big tin bath on the bar and in it there was all the old clear spirits left to us by departing mates  vodka/gin/kwantreau (sic ---and you would be), then loads of wine coolers and orange juice and loads of ice -- everyone coming in Xmas eve got a free glass----- it was a knock out  --- in many ways !! the name of the orange juice was "cheer up" ------------------------ i think we did.
  • Options
    Henry's at West India Quay. Making small talk with a room full of (male) QSs paying through the nose for a piss poor choice of drinks...it doesn't get any more festive than that. Rather spend it in Fritzl's cellar.

Regarding the Herts thread, I think I was the only CAFC in Hatfield for the majority of the 80's
  • Options
    Like it GH! We would be sitting there by ourselves for about 20 hours if we did that! LOL   
  • Options
    The official work do is at some place on the riverside at Hammersmith, but I'm not going  - can't be arsed with the "dress to impress" bollocks associated with it. Will be going for a Thai meal with my team though.
  • Options
    Blag Club, Kensington
  • Options
    vodka revs  in soho after a couple of rounds of bowling in all star lanes in westfield stratford 
  • Options
    Some wine or real ale bar Farringdon way.
    Really not sure.
    Running a book on who'll be the office knob this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had our work’s dinner at the Savoy last night. Beautiful building, lovely staff, very mediocre food! But Merry Xmas to you all. I am grateful we had a do at all.
  • Options
    We went to the Shard. Great views, nice food, and toilets than give you a colonic irrigation. Faultless.
  • Options
    We went to a Turkish place in Stoke Newington. No drink as it was just an extended lunch break and we all had to go back to work after.
    Very nice and cheap. Which was good as we had to pay for ourselves.
    Have a cool yule y'all.
  • Options
    Sports Bar in Canary Wharf.
    Area reserved including 2 hours of pool and 2 hours of darts.
    I much prefer this to the tossy corporate things that I used to get involved with - ie Planet 2000 etc.
  • Options

I much prefer this to the tossy corporate things that I used to get involved with - ie Planet 2000 etc.

Let us know what time and me & @ricky_otto will pop over.
  • Options
    Nowhere thankfully
  • Options

Let us know what time and me & @ricky_otto will pop over.
    We’re there now - if you hurry up you will make the last 15 mins.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Works Christmas party? What's that? The software house at which I do one day a week hasn't had one in years. My internet business is just me so I've never had one.

Hang on a minute, I can spend all day in the pub and tell Ms AA it was my own business's Xmas do. Result.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Some wine or real ale bar Farringdon way.
    Really not sure.
    Running a book on who'll be the office knob this year.

If you can't spot the office knob after ten minutes, it's you.