Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players That Passed You By

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
My son asked me tonight, "What happened to Michael Stewart"?   "Who?", I replied.  "The Charlton Player".    "I don't know what you're talking about".  At this point he went to get a programme from last year and showed me.  I then went and checked in the Rothman's (Sky Book is just not the same), and there it was: Michael Stewart, 9 appearances.   But I don't remember one of them.  How can that be?  Has anyone else had a player that completely passed them by? (difficult question I know, if they really passed you by you wouldn't know it).

Comments

• Options
    Corey Gibbs.
  • Options
    My son asked me tonight, "What happened to Michael Stewart"?   "Who?", I replied.  "The Charlton Player".    "I don't know what you're talking about".  At this point he went to get a programme from last year and showed me.  I then went and checked in the Rothman's (Sky Book is just not the same), and there it was: Michael Stewart, 9 appearances.   But I don't remember one of them.  How can that be?  Has anyone else had a player that completely passed them by? (difficult question I know, if they really passed you by you wouldn't know it).

He was our best player at the end of last season   -  red headed midfielder  -  you must remember him  :-)
  • Options
    Corey Gibbs.
    To be fair, blink and you'd have missed him.  As indeed you did (to quote Basil Fawlty).
  • Options
    I only vaguely remember Parrett when he was being mentioned a week or so ago. I don't remember Stewart.
  • Options
    Tom Soares.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Thought Stewart did ok in midfield for us end of last season............put his foot on the ball and we seemed to play better when he replaced either Semedo or Racon. Would not have been disappointed had he signed for us in the close season however we obviously didn't meet his wage demands and on reflection I am glad because SCP has brought in midfielders as good if not better (except Alonso on what we have seen). Stayed at the Valley.........you shouldv'e stayed at the Valley!
  • Options
    Nicky Forster. I remember watching us on the tv or something and thinking "who the hell is that?!"
  • Options

a friend of mine was talking about nathan eccleston. he kept going on at me because i had no idea who he was. he even was able to go through the description of the goals he had scored and who they were against, saying it wasent even a year ago. i was so confident that he never wore a charlton shirt and was also questioning if a nathan eccleston even excisted. it got to the point where he began shouting at me. the bartender wasent happy. though the locals found it amusing.

apparently he played 21 games and scored 3 goals when he was on loan from liverpool and it was only last season. bloody poor show on my part.  

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Surely you must remember his song Karim myBagheri 'Eccleston,,,,,,,,,,,Nathan Eccleston Nah nah nah nah nah nah......nah nah nah nah nah  Eccleston Nathan Eccleston'? Where do you sit in the West Stand?????
  • Options
    east terrace. i must of just blanked it out. i know the morrison one. though i keep hearing the north london versions, first nasri, now van de vart.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Martyn waghorn !
  • Options

Either a lot of you guys are :-

A) On a wind up

B) Suffering from early dementia

C) Rarely watch Charlton play

If you can't remember Eccleston, Stewart & Parrett playing last season.

• Options
    I didn't have a season ticket last year. Thats my excuse.
  • Options
    I didn't have a season ticket last year. Thats my excuse.

That's a C) then.
  • Options

well admittedly because my mate was getting quite irate i did put it on a bit by saying i dont even think eccleston excisted. he's known for lying though, he told me that we had a connetion with inter milan once.  

• Options

well admittedly because my mate was getting quite irate i did put it on a bit by saying i dont even think eccleston excisted. he's known for lying though, he told me that we had a connetion with inter milan once.  

We did. You should listen to your friend.
  • Options
    I remember Stewart (good) Forster (q. poor) but I can't recall Dean Parrott. I think Ecclestone will become a good player.
  • Options

norfolk- that one was a wind up. which was A) sorry.

but i still dont really remember eccleston. so i'll go with B). i think i'm just losing it. i did go to most home matches and a couple of away last season. has been alot of players over the last few years.

• Options
    Would seem that Mikel Alonso has passed us all by !
  • Options
    I remember Stewart (good) Forster (q. poor) but I can't recall Dean Parrott. I think Ecclestone will become a good player.
    I thought Forster was quality but i couldn't tell you which season it was as like too many recently it just passed me by 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Must admit, when Dean Parrett was mentioned last week i thought that name sounds familiar. I later realised who it was but i've got to agree with Covered End on some of the other posts.
  • Options
    I just about remember him but I think Graham Murty would be a good shout too. 
  • Options
    Would someone like Jesper Blomqvist fall into this category?
  • Options
    Keith Gillespie
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Either a lot of you guys are :-

A) On a wind up

B) Suffering from early dementia

C) Rarely watch Charlton play

If you can't remember Eccleston, Stewart & Parrett playing last season.

Straight up, I have no recollection of him (Stewart) despite apparently seeing him play four times.  I'm going for B. 

• Options
    Stephen Hughes
  • Options
    I wake up every morning hoping to forget McCormack but alas................................................
  • Options
    Marcel Seip. Never even played a game!
  • Options
    Stephen Hughes

Did he ever play for the 1st team?

• Options
    Jay McEveley