Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players That Passed You By

Comments

• Options
    Thinking back to the Pardont era, there were too many to remember, Tom Soares, Cook and Scott Sinclair, just for starters.
  • Options
    Kenneth Wegner (he was going to be our first foreign signing since Simonsen....)

Perry Digweed

Vince Hilaire

Steve Barbe

Marcel Seip

Not one appearance between the lot.

And then there's a few one hit wonders;

Ian Ferguson

Karim Bagheri

Tony Caig

Mike Small

Reuben Agboola (I think)

Jim Stannard

Martin Duffield (but it was on Match of The Day!)

• Options
    Kenneth Wegner (he was going to be our first foreign signing since Simonsen....)

Perry Digweed

Vince Hilaire

Steve Barbe

Marcel Seip

Not one appearance between the lot.

And then there's a few one hit wonders;

Ian Ferguson

Karim Bagheri

Tony Caig

Mike Small

Reuben Agboola (I think)

Jim Stannard

Martin Duffield (but it was on Match of The Day!)

Omar Pouso!
  • Options

I was at the Ipswich away game that the great Karim Bagheri had his 15 mins of fame !!!

out of the rest of the players mention, no one has really passed me by.............then again I have seen most of our matches over the past 20 years or so.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Most of you on here were probably too young to remember the first of these two but Oggy Red and Len Glover might;
    • Steve Stacey just the One game on loan from Ipswich 1969 had an absolute mare so much so I still remember it so vividly that he would have made Francis look good!
    • Geoff Scott from Birmingham? 1982/83 played just two games for us injury prone.
  • Options

If a player has passd you by, you wouldn't remember them and therefore wouldn't be able to contribute to this thread.

Sorry, but I'm re-reading Catch 22 at the moment.

• Options
    Thats the irony of it Lawrie Abrahams I wish I could forget Steve Stacey's one and only performance!
  • Options

heard interview with wayne routledge this morning and managed to convince myself he was one of the many loanees we've had.

apparently he's never played for us so i suppose the opposite to this thread applies.

• Options

It's all in the name! Michael Stewart is quite forgetable whereas no-one is likely to forget Pouso or Bagheri for example as they stand out.

Ifejiagwa and Cobian always stick in my mind too :)

• Options
    someone mentioned a Simon Francis the other day. Can't remember him playing for us ....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Most of you on here were probably too young to remember the first of these two but Oggy Red and Len Glover might;
    • Steve Stacey just the One game on loan from Ipswich 1969 had an absolute mare so much so I still remember it so vividly that he would have made Francis look good!
    • Geoff Scott from Birmingham? 1982/83 played just two games for us injury prone.
    Steve Stacey scored though!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    He couldn't have known anything about it Len ? My old Dad always used to tell me during my playing days that just because you score doesn't mean you've had a good game or maybe he was just trying to keep my feet on the ground ha ha!
  • Options
    Robbie Mustoe
  • Options
    graham murty
  • Options
    Agreed with Lawrie Abrahams, the point of this thread is surely players who you literally had forgotten played for us, not those that were so forgettable they became unforgettable, e.g. the likes of Pouso, Bagheri and even Tom Hovi in the 90s whos brief appearances have become infamous.

One that springs to mind for me is Keith / Kevin Scott? I was chatting with my brother about a year or so ago and for some reason he brought him up, a centre half who we had on loan in the mid-90s, think it might have been from spurs or norwich or something. I had / have no recollection of him being with us or the games he played for us - I vaguely remember him as a player but not for us!
  • Options
    An old one, but whenever anyone mentions that John Barnes used to play for us, I always think 'WTF, did he?!'

I just can't remember seeing him in a Charlton shirt, which is weird as he is such a big name.
  • Options
    An old one, but whenever anyone mentions that John Barnes used to play for us, I always think 'WTF, did he?!'

I just can't remember seeing him in a Charlton shirt, which is weird as he is such a big name.
    If you just stared at the centre circle when he was on you couldn't miss him.
  • Options
    Not sure who this Chris Powell guy people keeping talking about is ...
  • Options
    This thread has just made me think how many different players have played for the club since relegation from the prem, I make it 111 different players featuring in that time
  • Options
    Scott Sinclair
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clive something?
  • Options
    Did David Tuttle play for us on loan?
  • Options
    He got injured straight away, didn't play a game
  • Options
    I remember Stewart now. Fella who started at man utd and was hearts captain for a couple of years. :)
  • Options
    Tommy Taylor
  • Options
    Gavin Peacock
  • Options
    Most of the last three seasons passed me by, or at least I wish they had.
  • Options
    Tuttle, murty and Kevin Scott are great shouts. I'll also give Scott houghton and antii niemi.
  • Options
    Lee cook
  • Options
    Nobby Smith