Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rangers

What is the connection between us and Rangers?

Sorry if there is a thread for this but I couldn't find it through the search button.

Comments

• Options
    there isnt a connection why ?
  • Options

queens park or glasgow

?

• Options
    It's a British thing is the only reason I can think of.

No reason to support another club for footballing reasons other than Charlton in my opinion.
  • Options

Fire one .Fire two..............................torpedoes running sir!

• Options
    I think it's something to do with the Open University.
  • Options

Lots of clubs have a connection with Rangers, mainly due to having an element within their support who hate Celtic for political reasons.

That's my understanding anyway.

• Options
    There isn't a connection.
  • Options
    It's a British thing is the only reason I can think of. No reason to support another club for footballing reasons other than Charlton in my opinion.
    Well your opinion is shite, I foolow the real scottish club Dundee after meeting all there boys back in the 80's when they come to our games.
  • Options

no idea and couldn't care less

• Options
    It's a British thing is the only reason I can think of. No reason to support another club for footballing reasons other than Charlton in my opinion.
    Well your opinion is shite, I foolow the real scottish club Dundee after meeting all there boys back in the 80's when they come to our games.
    Good shout Steve.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just wondered why we had Charlton and Rangers badges, and seen a few comments on a song thread about not wanting songs linked with Celtic, that's all.
  • Options
    Both clubs have an A and R in their names!
  • Options
    Yeah............."That's all folks".
  • Options

Sink Boring

Move on

• Options
    I think it's something to do with the Open University.
    Yes, it's because some Charlton fans have had their material sent to some Rangers fans in order to pay lower course fees.
  • Options

Before you sink it

Still have around 10 badges left £2.50

Get in quick

LOL

• Options
    What..........So you can sell them to even more 'fans' who would have trouble findng Glasgow on the map, let alone having never set foot in f'ing Scotland!
  • Options
    Difference between following and supporting in my shite opinion.
  • Options
    If you start at Glasgow and travel directly south, what is the first English town/city you reach?
  • Options
    What..........So you can sell them to even more 'fans' who would have trouble findng Glasgow on the map, let alone having never set foot in f'ing Scotland!

Take it you dont want one?

Most people i have sold them to have been to Glasgow on many occasions

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you start at Glasgow and travel directly south, what is the first English town/city you reach?
    Barnstaple?

• Options

I'm gonna say that's bollox quite frankly!
  • Options
    Do you know why they came to our games? I often go to Dundee and wondered what the connection was.
  • Options

With respect fella, I have one, and most of the people he sold them too I have been to Glasgow/Ibrox with, not all, but most.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Dundee chaps were found up town  wandering on a jolly and taken to CAFC home game --more than 25 years ago. We then went up to a Dundee/Dundee Utd game and stayed about 4 nights !! Their local was run by a CB playing for Falkirk at the time ------Big Duncan Frame ran the vans up there  and some went by train. They were down for the long walk to the Wilton Arms (palarses boozer)----they have been down for functions----birthdays---fund raisers(last in Novemeber) many times. One now lives in North London..At least one was on the 2nd boat to Brentford and there was in July where they put alot of people up.

Some of the lads arnt Dundee they are Rangers and thats one of the cross-connects with regard to Gers.
  • Options
    Do you know why they came to our games? I often go to Dundee and wondered what the connection was.
    We first bumped into them in the bar in Euston back in the mid 80's, they told us they wanted to support a team in England, they chose us as they thought we were a similar sized club etc. Many friendships still going strong, in fact some of them were at the British Legion fundraiser in the Cons club the other week. One guy lives and works down in London now and is a regular visitor.
  • Options

Ok if you wish thats fine, don't think i will lose much sleep over it, but do you know the people i have sold them to ? do you even know me ?
  • Options
    Barnstaple?

It's good but it's not right. I reckon you're a mile off.
  • Options
    There isn't one - directly south you hit the sea, then wales, west of Bristol then between Exeter and Plymouth and across the sea to France...
  • Options
    Rangers are my 2nd team but purely because of family. And my Scottish family see charlton as there second team