Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

amir khan

Comments

• Options
    shite cutman in shinnys corner
    Cant see him lasting with those cuts.
  • Options
    Khan will be bigger on fight night , he packs on after weigh in ,

Like watching shinny nolly don't know why tbh as he ain't nothing special but the mongolian always has a scrap
  • Options
    yeah his game nla, beds if he had a proper cutman he would be fine
  • Options
    Have you worked with him nolly , could've gone to this tonight as my mate is up there with his uncle Dave Paris but had a late one with the work Xmas do , wish I had now 2 quality scraps so far
  • Options
    no mate never seen the cutman before but he seems like all he can do is wipe blood away and has shaky hands lol,you missed a good one,i might go see a prizefighter soon
  • Options
    thankfully the cut run out of blood
  • Options
    Edwards has won every round so far
  • Options
    Khan has to be careful tonight.
    Peterson likes to stand off and time his right hand on the guy coming in. Khan has a bit of a bad habit of jumping in with his jab when he goes on a flurry.
    Khan's speed is his biggest asset and if he boxes sensible, combinations and lots of lateral movement it'll be an easy night for him but he gets clumsy sometimes and put's himself in positions he doesn't need to looking to impress. 
    He needs a similar performance to that of the Kotelnik fight.

Think Khan will win but have a little worry that he does something stupid and makes it more interesting than it needs to be.
  • Options
    BBC say Khan won't be on till 4am at earliest. So more of a get up than stay up!
  • Options
    Edwards looks knackered. Just needs to stay out of trouble in the last and it's his.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What time is the Kahn fight on?

• Options
    BBC say Khan won't be on till 4am at earliest. So more of a get up than stay up!

• Options
    Amir in trouble in this fight, I have him level after losing a point in the 7th
  • Options
    I think Khan lost this , let's see going to the card

• Options
    Fair decision Khan gave his titles up , 2 deductions of points cost Khan huge

Peterson deserved it imo
  • Options
    I scored it 113-113 but the last could have been a 10-8 round to Peterson. I was worried about this earlier, when Khan boxed he looked good but he threw that away with stupid macho crap. Peterson showed a lot of heart and determination and if he was a puncher, the trouble he had Khan in at times, the fight would have been over in 5!
  • Options
    Amazes me how one judge can score it in such advantage of khan but the other two don't?!

Rematch and khan will win.
  • Options
    Not sure what else Khan was meant to do but push when Peterson kept leaning on him on the ropes.

If it hadn't have been for the deductions he'd have won that on all three cards
  • Options
    It was exactly what I feared at 12.17 if Khan was looking to far a head and was not focused on the fight and tried to blast him out, he would lose

I still thought he would win ,but he lost this fight due to lack of discipline
  • Options
    Peterson leads with his head like a rutting deer - as much as Khan annoys me the ref should have said something about leading with his head.

Decent fight but Peterson was more a brawler than a fighter
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No complaints from me about the deductions,

I don't think the ref did enough to maintain control of the fight, he constantly seemed to be in the wrong position

But he tried to let the fight flow

Khan lost the fight through discipline and that is an appalling way to lose the fight
  • Options
    Fantastic fight in terms of entertainment. Khan earned a lot of respect going in by fighting Peterson in DC, and then blew people away with how well he fought back in the later rounds when even Khan's fans thought he was done. But his comments at the end about fighting two people and being the cleaner fighter are going to hurt him (at least stateside). The consensus around us, even including the Khan partisans, was the fight was almost even after Amir's valiant rally. I think he must have just expected to hold the title in the event of a close fight.

And 114-111 for Khan was lunacy.
  • Options
    Just watched the replay without knowing the result.

Ref was awfull. How did he deem the 1st knock down in round 1 a slip?

Personally think it was a draw even with the points deduction.

Expect a re-match and Khan to win.
  • Options
    judges have to go with what refs does sadly so bang on scoring,worrying how non punchers even have amir in all sorts of trouble
  • Options
    Seemed like a fair result to me. I was more impressed with the 15lbs Peterson put on in one day!

Khan has to drop the macho stuff.
  • Options

some real micky from rocky speech from petersons trainer...whatever people think khan entertains and is great for boxing

• Options
    He is good value for money I will give him that
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't deny Peterson that victory. He did a job on Khan and Khan struggled to cope with Peterson coming forward all the time. Things might be a little different in a re match.

• Options
    Makes Khan's talk of wanting to fight Mayweather ridiculous. Mayweather would have an easy night's work - Khan gets hit far too easily.
  • Options
    Tomorrows hearing into the fight by the WBA at the request of Khan's people has been cancelled, by Khan's own promotion company Goldenboy. They have given no reason.
    Original speculation was that the IBF had joined the WBA in demanding a re-match but this has subsequently been strongly denied. Opinion now is that Peterson's camp had such a strong case with backed up evidence that there was nothing untoward in the fight and Khan's appeal would be thrown out and his reputation significantly tarnished.
    Goldenboy Promotions to make a statement soon.