Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THIS IS ENGLAND 88

Starts tomorrow.

Enjoyed the film and This is England 86 so this should be good hopefully.

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/detail.asp?id=110732595

Comments

• Options
    Not expecting much really, the series is just to sort out some lose ends so that they can really go for it in This Is England 90 which will be about The Stone Roses and popping pills.
  • Options

This is England 90 looks the absolute nuts , ,

looking forward to the new series tomorrow though

• Options
    Worried to be honest.

Film was outstanding.

86 was good but got tiresome with only a handful of the characters really running it.

Think they might be milking this.
  • Options
    Worried to be honest.

Film was outstanding.

86 was good but got tiresome with only a handful of the characters really running it.

Think they might be milking this.
    My thoughts as well
  • Options
    C'mon lads, better than some of the crap they are showing at the moment!
  • Options
    C'mon lads, better than some of the crap they are showing at the moment!
    True but not hard to be better than most current TV (or TV from any period of time)
  • Options

Loved the film but though the last series was shite.

• Options
    the rape scene was abit to much for me, didnt really need to be in the story. as said film is excelent and urge those who have not seen it to do so. 
  • Options
    cringing bits in the last series,never feels realistic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How old were you in 1988 Nolly? 12?
  • Options
    little older mate
  • Options
    13?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    this is a touch creepy but 15
  • Options
    Creepy Red.
  • Options

How's it creepy?

You just make me laugh with your wonderful memory. You always seem to have an opinion on things years ago even though you're quite young.

• Options
    Even when i was young i looked old Chirpy
  • Options
    the rape scene was abit to much for me, didnt really need to be in the story. as said film is excelent and urge those who have not seen it to do so. 

Whlst I agree it wasn't pleasant I do think it needed to be there. There was a lot about the older sister not liking the Dad whilt the younger and the Mum did so this scene justified her complaints. Without it oyu would have just thought she was being a bit OTT about it all as her sister was fine.
  • Options
    Even when i was young i looked old Chirpy
    Too much sparring!
  • Options
    Lol probably 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never won a fight in 88
  • Options
    I won a fight in 88. It was in school, some kid scribbled a cock & balls on my Geography book.
  • Options
    Lol!
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    I won a fight in 88. It was in school, some kid scribbled a cock & balls on my Geography book.

that is a cock & balls story if i've ever heard one

maybe he was trying to draw italy

• Options
    Should have left it at the film. 
  • Options
    Excellent film and loved the musical contribution from Clayhill and Ted Barnes, after the last tv series I wont be watching any more.
  • Options
    Loved the film & the series as it was pretty much the scene I was into in the 80's. My only gripe was that I'd say Shane meadows was a bit off (about 3 yrs) with the dates. The film was set in 83 but that skinhead scene was pretty much dead by then. Would have been more accurate if the film was set in 1980 and the series in 83, although this wouldn't have tied in with the Falklands war and the world cup themes.

Just shows that the northerners were 3 years behind us even back then.....................................................

;-)
  • Options
    Ain't started too bad the

Lend us a finger bit at the beginning had me pissing myself

She is a wouldya a proper one

And yeah I would the filthy beatch

• Options
    Well that was ok a Bit predictable at times, but seems like it has a dark edge to it very enjoyable