Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THIS IS ENGLAND 88

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Lost interest after the first 10 minutes or so. Nowhere near as good as film.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Bit before my time to remember but did anyone encounter Black Skinheads in London or was it more of a northern thing ?

Honest question by the way.

• Options
    I enjoyed better than 86
  • Options

Bit before my time to remember but did anyone encounter Black Skinheads in London or was it more of a northern thing ?

Honest question by the way.

Well, in the early 80's, I wasn't a bonehead, more suedehead, taking any bits I liked from the skinhead & mod scenes and leaving the not so nice bits behind. My best mate at the time was a black skinhead (reminds me of the character milky in TIE). We met up once with a group of about 8 black skinheads who were from (I think) shephards bush but don't know if they're anything to do with the group you're thinking of.
  • Options
    quite enjoyed it last night to be honest, think the guy who plays woody is excelent, you can see the turmoil he is in, does he settle down and put the cardigan and slippers on or does he break free from it all.. Lol is obviously having some kind of mental breakdown and the scene in the bath and at the end with her old man was proper weird. looking forward to the next one didnt think i would but am.

• Options
    Didn't really watch it but I wanted to. I had it on but Mrs AUN didn't want to watch it so distracted me with her feminine charms. After 11 years I take my oppurtunities when they come. . . . . . . .
  • Options
    thought it was boring
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Really liked the film, thought the 86 series was great and really enjoyed the first of the 88 series last ngiht. Reminds me so much of Sheffield, even down to the grey filter they use on the camera shooting it!!

• Options
    thought it was boring
    Was a bit run of the mill mate but I am nearly 40 and it was a Tuesday night!
  • Options
    Thought it was great, and looking forward to the ep although not sure why Sean was going to college/school on 23rd December - surely all schools colleges have broken up by then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    to be fair there were one or 2 mistakes i noticed, the musical book lol's daughter was playing with was modern (my son has one) and i know they wernt around in the late 80's 
  • Options
    They went to school on Christmas Eve in Love Actually.....
  • Options

I know it's supposed to be but just find it a bit depressing - most of the characters just irritate me. Probably watch it next week but can't relate to it particularly. By 1988 i was raving my nuts off having time of my life not moping around with a bunch of freaks.

• Options
    all dayers bexley!!!
  • Options

Really liked the film, thought the 86 series was great and really enjoyed the first of the 88 series last ngiht. Reminds me so much of Sheffield, even down to the grey filter they use on the camera shooting it!!

Often see the actors who play milky and woody walking about in Sheffield, mate of mine ended up at the bar with milky at the end of the night a few months back
  • Options

Exactly nolly.  88 - early 90's were a centreforce and sunrise fm inspired haze. Didn't help my football prowess but life didn't seem as complicated as it is on that programme - apart from monday mornings maybe - and possibly, tuesday and wednesday. 

• Options
    A bit of a coincidence that in later life, both Smell and Woody's old man end up working for Warwick Davis!
  • Options
    Everyone saying it's not as good as the film needs to remember that this is a TV Drama now not a film. I enjoyed it personally and will carry on watching the rest of the series, better than some of the other shit on tv at the moment.
  • Options
    the guy who played the dad to the girl shaun was acting with.. jessus he is one trick pony, always plays the annoying slightly gay dad... inbertweeners and outnumberd.
  • Options
    Liked it, but agree it was all too predictable and cliche. I also think they play on the whole 'gritty' thing a bit to much.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    all dayers bexley!!!
    Leo Sayers
  • Options
    I can't actually say THIS IS ENGLAND without singing it to the tune of The Clash !
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I caught the last 20 mins or so of it last night & thought it was utter tosh !!   I bloke had a new girlfriend that his mum & dad love (bless him) but there is something else going on as he nipped out to ogle someone else................another kid kissed a "friend" who was helping him rehearse and this was a "problem" as he already has a girlfriend !!!!!!!!    Jeez
  • Options
    Pony needs some umph i'n it
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Boring.

• Options
    Only got around to watching it tonight. Thought it was okay. Bit slow but if i recall, so was 86 in the 1st episode, just to familirize with the characters and what's happened in the 2 years that have passed. Sure it will pick up...............
  • Options
    Tonight was the second episode.
  • Options
    Tonight was the second episode.
    Good. that means I can watch that one tomorrow. ;-)
  • Options
    I've got to admit that I've found both episodes so far really boring. Hoping tonight's will be worth it!
  • Options
    That was really quite powerful, it was a really well acted and made 3rd episode, dark, humorous yet very powerful