Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

steve keen

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think they SAY they've got loads of money, but in reality it's all tied up into loans, business development and christ knows what else. The larger your company, the less you actually have to 'prove' you have the money you say you have :)
    until somebody shouts: 'the emperor has no clothes' ... BUT of course, the whole modern capitalist pyramid is based on salesmanship, computer science, chutzpah and illusionary golden threads and silver needles .. but will all that save poor ol Stevie K ?
  • Options
    Both teams look awful tbh. I think on our day we would probably look like we are in the same league as these.
    yeah right...
    What do you mean "yeah right", they were shit. 
    their two leagues above us, get a grip.
  • Options
    Well to be fair if things keep going the same way they are we'll be in the same league next season so it's not that ridiculous
  • Options
    Owen Coyle and Steve Kean
    LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU !!!!!!! .. It's the wooollluffff
  • Options
    Both teams look awful tbh. I think on our day we would probably look like we are in the same league as these.
    yeah right...
    They could be in the same league next season. So you get a grip, I said on our DAY. They don't look like prem teams at all. 
  • Options
    yeah right...
    They could be in the same league next season. So you get a grip, I said on our DAY. They don't look like prem teams at all. 

I'm with you jake & said the same last night. I wouldn't be worried if we drew Blackburn in the cup. I think we'd have a decent chance of winning.

Hopefully, we will be above them in the league next season.

• Options
    we have been playing against crap league one teams, if Blackburn played the likes of Oldham and chesterfield then they'd hammer them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They only narrowly beat Orient in the Carling Cup this season.
  • Options
    week in week out though blackburn and bolton are obviously better sides than us even on OUR day. It's a lot easier to pass the ball round against Yeovil than it is Stoke and newcastle etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    week in week out though blackburn and bolton are obviously better sides than us even on OUR day. It's a lot easier to pass the ball round against Yeovil than it is Stoke and newcastle etc

I know what you mean, but when you take into account, team spirit, confidence, support or poisonous atmospheres, then these things can even matters up. Last night both teams gave the ball away & miscontrolled it, far more than we have this season.
  • Options
    Blackburn fans seem to think they are a big club with a God-given right to be in the PL.

They are one of at least half a dozen clubs that have had money thrown at them to get them above their true level (pre current set up) and they think that is their due. They dont get that creating a poisonous atmosphere isnt helping their team. They want Kean out without thought of who'd be mug enough to take over on the wages the owners will pay. So I hope they do go down.

They will head for League 1 unless someone is prepared to pump yet more money in.
  • Options
    They couldn't even sell out their ground when they won the premiership, 2 bob club
  • Options
    This is a club that won the premier, they might want to get someone like Dave Jones in, he has Championship experience,don't think they will stay up tbh.
  • Options

Looks like Venkys chickens are coming home to roost.

Kean is on borrowed time.

• Options
    Just reminds me of the bad old days of the past few years. He doesn't have a chance and we all know it. I would sack him just to appease the fans as it can't be good for anyone at the club especially for Kean!
  • Options
    Maybe they can't afford to sack him and don't really have as much money as they say they do?!

They may be thinking if they sack him they have to pay him compo and then get in a manager on more wages.. IF they go down they will lose yet more money so they might be keeping Kean in to see if he can ride the storm? who knows.
  • Options
    Blackburn fans seem to think they are a big club with a God-given right to be in the PL. .
    We did once!
  • Options
    Great quote from a "fan" on the BBC forums:

"Have ripped up my season ticket until we get a change of management."

What's he going to do when they change manager? Selotape it back together lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Blackburn fans seem to think they are a big club with a God-given right to be in the PL. .
    We did once!
    Some still think we should be there!

As the Beastie Boys once said ... 'You gotta fight , for your right ... to Parrrty'

(Honest i wasn't a fan!) ... of the BB's that is.
  • Options
    We did once!
    Some still think we should be there!

As the Beastie Boys once said ... 'You gotta fight , for your right ... to Parrrty'

(Honest i wasn't a fan!) ... of the BB's that is.
    Nothing wrong with the beasties......................................
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited December 2011

Like I've said before I feel sorry for the Blackburn fans. With Kean and Venkys in there they don't stand a chance. The blind is truly leading the blind and the fans don't matter. What did Kean say 'No disrespect to local MPs or local journalists or ex players but when you've got vastly experienced managers phoning me up and saying "Under the circumstances you're doing a marvelous job" I listen to them'. 

So, he won't listen to the people (including the fans) who have the true interest of Blackburn at heart but instead he listens to a bunch of gutless PC concious managers who really don't give a s**t about Blackburn. The bloke must have a skin as thick as a rhino but something's got to give soon. 

• Options
    I personally think the blackburn fans are off it.Do they really expect to be anything higher than relegation scrap?And plus they are kind of a "nothing" team for the PL.Them and Wigan as well dont add anything really.
  • Options

Like I've said before I feel sorry for the Blackburn fans. With Kean and Venkys in there they don't stand a chance. The blind is truly leading the blind and the fans don't matter. What did Kean say 'No disrespect to local MPs or local journalists or ex players but when you've got vastly experienced managers phoning me up and saying "Under the circumstances you're doing a marvelous job" I listen to them'. 

So, he won't listen to the people (including the fans) who have the true interest of Blackburn at heart but instead he listens to a bunch of gutless PC concious managers who really don't give a s**t about Blackburn. The bloke must have a skin as thick as a rhino but something's got to give soon. 

I saw this on the news yesterday, let's face it if you were playing Blackburn this weekend wouldn't you want Kean to stay?

I don't blame him for staying - he's unlikely to ever get a job that pays that well ever again. Wouldn't we all squeeze a couple of extra weeks out and wait for the vote of confidence from the chairman followed by the inevitable P45 a few days later.

• Options
    am I the only one pleased for Steve Kean, Blackburn are a tinpot club competing way above their station in the grand scheme of things & although his appointment & the motives of the Venky's are questionable, I cant but admire the guy for sticking in there & getting the odd good result - the fans don't deserve him...
  • Options
    I think his attitude has been fantastic throughout the whole thing
  • Options
    I did like his quote about Samba today when asked about rumours he'd refused to play today. Saying Samba had trained fantastically all week, then suddenly phoned club doctor on Friday morning saying he was ill. So they immediately rushed him to hospital and he'll well again by Monday morning.

I wonder if the Blackburn fans will give Samba as much grief as they've been giving Keane
  • Options
    Their fans don't like Venkys and Keen is getting the backlash from that. Will be interesting to see how it all turns out. I can't see there being a lot of joy up there until there's a change of ownership.
  • Options
    Watching MOTD tonight and I really think that Keane comes across in a really dignified manor (as he has done all season). Are the Blackburn fans starting to lay off him? Yakubu looks an inspired signing.